You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheArc

Thinking of buying the "collections" package

10 comments in this topic

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,362 battles

I'm debating on getting it, even though I'm new to the game and don't have any need for the actual "collection" items, since the collections are all over - and getting an item doesn't "trigger" starting it, right? But since I started WoWS right at the end of the German collection (which stopped collecting like a day after I got in,) then I don't think that's the case. FWIW, I have 2 from the Bismark, finished the US, but have nothing from the other ones. 

But even without any value in the collection items, by my math I'd get 75 flags/camo minimum, right? (7,7,7,7,12,5,10,20)

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/8897/

Anyway... I figured I'd ask here, because if getting a collection item somehow unlocks the collections, then heck yeah I'm in on that deal for $10

• Cool 1

[HYDRO]
Members
1,834 posts
3,944 battles

Can't confirm 100% for the other collections, but the Yamamoto and the American cruiser one are permanent and they can drop items from normal containers.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,362 battles
35 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Can't confirm 100% for the other collections, but the Yamamoto and the American cruiser one are permanent and they can drop items from normal containers.

To clarify (and I won't hold you accountable if it doesn't work...) but are you saying that if I "open" the Yamamoto one (by buying this collection,) that it would unlock the full collection and then I can get items in normal containers?

At present I am collecting the new RN ones, and even if I pause it, the fact that I have 2/24 of Bismark doesn't unlock or start collecting. The Biz seems totally paused. But if buying this would open the Yam ones too, that'd be a nice bonus.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,834 posts
3,944 battles
Just now, TheArc said:

To clarify (and I won't hold you accountable if it doesn't work...) but are you saying that if I "open" the Yamamoto one (by buying this collection,) that it would unlock the full collection and then I can get items in normal containers?

At present I am collecting the new RN ones, and even if I pause it, the fact that I have 2/24 of Bismark doesn't unlock or start collecting. The Biz seems totally paused. But if buying this would open the Yam ones too, that'd be a nice bonus.

The Yamamoto and American cruiser collections are tied to permanent Campaigns, Yamamoto and Halsey respectively.  From the wiki itself on Yamamoto collection, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Yamamoto_Collection

Earning the first collection item via completion of the campaign or purchase of special containers from the Wargaming store unlocks the ability for collection items to drop from regular Containers earned through daily missions.

For the American Cruisers collection, http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:American_Cruisers_Collection

The "American Cruisers" Collection is available once players complete the final task of Mission 1 of the "Hit Hard! Hit Fast! Hit Often!" campaign. Earning the first collection item via completion of the campaign task or purchase of special containers from the Wargaming store unlocks the ability for collection items to drop from regular Containers earned through daily missions.

To complete the Bismarck one I think you need to buy containers from the shop or from the Arsenal.

Also, keep in mind you can have only one Collection active at a time. You can do the RN now since it isn't that large, then devote more time on Yamamoto or Cruisers.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,362 battles
15 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

The Yamamoto and American cruiser collections...

Dude! Above and beyond in the reply, thanks for the info & links :)

• Cool 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,362 battles

BTW, you were right. It unlocked the Yam collection (which I am leaving paused while the RN one is up.)

Not much luck on the containers, all free XP & commander XP flags and no "bonus" hits either. Still glad I bought it even though I was hoping for the credit or regular XP boosting flags/camo most of all.

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
37 minutes ago, TheArc said:

BTW, you were right. It unlocked the Yam collection (which I am leaving paused while the RN one is up.)

Not much luck on the containers, all free XP & commander XP flags and no "bonus" hits either. Still glad I bought it even though I was hoping for the credit or regular XP boosting flags/camo most of all.

For the collections that drop from daily containers, you can let them complete on their own and farm duplicates for credits. I have like 15 duplicates for the US Ovechkin collection, so that is over 200k, so far, which is a good net for a great co-op game. For the Yamamoto collection I have enough duplicates for 1.5M credits so far. So unless you really want to get the collection reward, letting the collections that drop in the daily containers complete on their own is an easy way to get some extra credits. 

• Cool 1

[FORM]
[FORM]
Members
151 posts
3,362 battles
8 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

For the collections that drop from daily containers, you can let them complete on their own and farm duplicates for credits.

I never knew the dupes were good for anything other than trading in for the ones you didn't get yet. Tnx for the info.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,851 posts
2,701 battles
1 hour ago, TheArc said:

Yes.  I got two Ya'mama'toe crates in a ship bundle and the items in those crates started the collection.  Since then I'm 3 items short with a crapload of duplicates that will convert to Credits, and I've bought nothing -- all the collection items dropped with daily containers.

Most other collection are like this, but some aren't.  Dunkirk, Bismarck, Vive la France, require that you obtain the items in special containers.  Fortunately, those containers are available in the Arsenal for Coal, which is how I finished Dunkirk a week ago.

If you're behind on collections, then the Collector's Pack for $10 looks like a really good deal.  Buy two?

Duplicates are worth 15,000 Credits each.

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
46 minutes ago, TheArc said:

I never knew the dupes were good for anything other than trading in for the ones you didn't get yet. Tnx for the info.

You are welcome.

42 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yes.  I got two Ya'mama'toe crates in a ship bundle and the items in those crates started the collection.  Since then I'm 3 items short with a crapload of duplicates that will convert to Credits, and I've bought nothing -- all the collection items dropped with daily containers.

Most other collection are like this, but some aren't.  Dunkirk, Bismarck, Vive la France, require that you obtain the items in special containers.  Fortunately, those containers are available in the Arsenal for Coal, which is how I finished Dunkirk a week ago.

If you're behind on collections, then the Collector's Pack for $10 looks like a really good deal.  Buy two?

Duplicates are worth 15,000 Credits each.

I did the Dunkirk and Bismarck collections in the Arsenal as well.