Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
OgreMkV

Black Friday Crates - Results

26 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

400
[POP]
Members
1,264 posts
8,700 battles

A place to track BF Crate results. 

I bought 12 crates. 

100 - Shadow Lurker Camo
10 Type 59 Camo
14 days Premium TIme
2500 Dubloons
Tirpitz B (already have Tirp)
Massachusetts B
Atago B

25% of my crates had ships. 
50% had camo


I'm definitely pleased with those results. 

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
235
[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,032 posts
6,450 battles

I bought 12, not the happiest. I wish i would've gotten more variation and another ship, half camo's dangit.

1- Atago B

1- 20 type 59

6!- camo drops

2- 35k free xp

2- 14 day premium time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2 posts
2,450 battles

12 crates, results:

80 Shadow Lurker camo

10 Type 59 camo

42 days premium (and I never buy premium time so that's a bfd)

1250 doubloons

Mass B, Atago B and Tirpitz B (again I don't spend a lot on the game so I had none of the originals...so far my only T8 has been the Bismarck I got in the event last year)

Super happy with the results, I was trying not to expect a ship but I would've been really sad to not get one. Definitely got more than my money's worth, thanks RNG!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[_HW_]
Members
37 posts
1,527 battles

Thanks for the information on what is inside the Black Friday crates.

 I bought one just to see what they might offer, and I got 14 days of premium time. That’s great for me since I just used 10 million credits on a new ship. Since then, I have won or received 4 more, but I am afraid to open them because I don’t want duplicate premium time. That would be a waste if they start immediately, which I assume they do. If they don’t, I’d like to know that.

 Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
847
[WOLF1]
Members
3,383 posts
1,465 battles

12 crates

1 Mass B 

5x 35K FXP

4x 10 type 59

1x 20 Shadow Camo

1x 14 days premium

I think that's right.  A lot of FXP and one ship.  Not a bad haul, imo, well within good range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,713 posts
6,424 battles
2 hours ago, Nordlaender said:

Thanks for the information on what is inside the Black Friday crates.

 I bought one just to see what they might offer, and I got 14 days of premium time. That’s great for me since I just used 10 million credits on a new ship. Since then, I have won or received 4 more, but I am afraid to open them because I don’t want duplicate premium time. That would be a waste if they start immediately, which I assume they do. If they don’t, I’d like to know that.

 Thanks!

Any extra Premium time would be added to the end of the time you already have.  If you have 14 days premium and then got 7 more days - you would have 21 consecutive days total

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6
[_HW_]
Members
37 posts
1,527 battles
6 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Any extra Premium time would be added to the end of the time you already have.  If you have 14 days premium and then got 7 more days - you would have 21 consecutive days total

Hey, thanks for letting me know that! I really appreciate it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10
[SCRAP]
Beta Testers
13 posts
4,789 battles

24 crates, not thrilled, only 2 ships and half the crates were camos.

Tirpitz

Massachusetts

7 x 35K Free XP

1 x 1250 doubloons

2 x 14 Days Premium

4 x 10 type 59 Camo

8 x 20 Shadow Camo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52
[-SF-]
Members
153 posts
2,676 battles

Thanks for the information. I haven't personally bought any crates but still have managed to get the Mass b and Atago B from free crates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
441
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,619 posts
2,111 battles

I bought the 12 pack.. 

No ships.

Tons of camo

14 days premium

Lot of free XP. 

 

Won't make this mistake again. I've opened a ton of free crates and only got lower end camo. This event has left a bad taste in my mouth.  

I personally think this selling loot crates thing needs to be revisited.   I came to forums and 1st day, of course, everyone posting about amazing results from 6 and 12 crate packages.. Seems legit?    I buy on Sunday following and roll craps.   Hey I knew I was buying a gamble...  rolled craps.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7
[F1RE]
Members
22 posts

6 Crates = Waste of Money, I got $30 of "ripped off"     

  • 1 x 7 days of  Premium time. 
  • 1 x  20 Shadow Camo
  • 4 x 35K Free XP  (I already had 1 Million in Free XP.   And most Tier 8+ Primium Ships make 500 to 1000 Free Exp per win.)   Anyone that uses doubloons to convert 135,000 Free XP is a fool, sorry you are.  First thing my Clan in WOT taught me 4 years ago. 

If I spent $30 in the received stuff valued at $25 to $30 no big dea!.     But I spent $30, and got "7 days of Premium time" and  "20 Shadow Camo" which has a value of less than $11.99 in the Premium shop and that packages come with more value.     

For $11.99 in the Premium shop you get (below) so I spent $30 and got less than $11.99 in value!  

  •  20 × SHADOW LURKER CAMO PATTERNS
  • 1,250 DOUBLOONS 
  • 7 DAYS OF PREMIUM ACCOUNT

If I made 2 Seperate Puchases Total cost: $13.60  but it cost me $30.     So WG made a Sucker out of me just like a Casino.  Now I learn that Amazon Pay no longer works because they do not support Gambling purhcase.   Guess there is a lession here!     Casino gambling is Rigged and so are these boxs.      Very Sad really.       

  • Cost Call it $7  = 20 × SHADOW LURKER CAMO PATTERNS
  • Costs $6.69  = 7 DAYS OF PREMIUM ACCOUNT
  •  
Edited by Twidget_Gray

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
150
[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
357 posts
4,847 battles

Perhaps WG changed the drop rates?  The most recent posts sound brutal. I bought 24 crates on Black Friday and won all 4 ships, 14 perm days, and about 120 camo.  

Maybe this is where karma matters?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
156
[CSM]
[CSM]
Members
365 posts
3,839 battles
8 minutes ago, skillztowin said:

Perhaps WG changed the drop rates?  The most recent posts sound brutal. I bought 24 crates on Black Friday and won all 4 ships, 14 perm days, and about 120 camo.  

Maybe this is where karma matters?

 

I won 4 of them and only got camo's, maybe buying them for real money up' s your chances for a ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
195
[CAST]
Members
1,268 posts
7,787 battles
3 hours ago, Ashy_GB said:

Thanks for the information. I haven't personally bought any crates but still have managed to get the Mass b and Atago B from free crates. 

That's good luck.  All I have from mine is 2 crates of 5k FXP,  2 crates of 2 type 59 camo, and 1 crate of 4 shadow lurker camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
237
[WOLFC]
Members
443 posts
6,265 battles
4 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I won 4 of them and only got camo's, maybe buying them for real money up' s your chances for a ship.

My 4 "earned" crates dropped 2x of the 2x Camos and 2x FXP.  And, yes, I think the ship drop rates on a purchased crate are probably better.  It appears that way from the few results we've all seen.  BUT, that in no way guarantees a ship!  It's still RNG and a gamble on the results.  Best course of action if you want a particular ship ... but that ship.  Best of luck if you choose otherwise ... and I mean that, it's not a snide remark.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
982
[SBS]
Members
2,848 posts
2,391 battles
Just now, DocWalker said:
2 minutes ago, DarkStormy said:

I won 4 of them and only got camo's, maybe buying them for real money up' s your chances for a ship.

My 4 "earned" crates dropped 2x of the 2x Camos and 2x FXP.  And, yes, I think the ship drop rates on a purchased crate are probably better.  It appears that way from the few results we've all seen.  BUT, that in no way guarantees a ship!  It's still RNG and a gamble on the results.  Best course of action if you want a particular ship ... but that ship.  Best of luck if you choose otherwise ... and I mean that, it's not a snide remark.

They are different creates.  The ones in the store are premium creates with better contents (and presumably better chances of a free ship) than the free creates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
237
[WOLFC]
Members
443 posts
6,265 battles
8 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

They are different creates.  The ones in the store are premium creates with better contents (and presumably better chances of a free ship) than the free creates.

Yes ... I think we both understood and know that, but thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,141 posts
7,111 battles
6 hours ago, Twidget_Gray said:

Now I learn that Amazon Pay no longer works because they do not support Gambling purhcase.

Is that why Amazon disappeared? Well maybe WG will take a hint and stop with the stupid boxes. The lack of Amazon pay has certainly made it less convenient to buy things from the premium shop... has already led to me reconsidering and changing my mind on a couple of purchases. That's lost money WG could have had. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
211
[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,012 posts
On 11/23/2018 at 7:58 AM, OgreMkV said:

A place to track BF Crate results. 

I bought 12 crates. 

100 - Shadow Lurker Camo
10 Type 59 Camo
14 days Premium TIme
2500 Dubloons
Tirpitz B (already have Tirp)
Massachusetts B
Atago B

25% of my crates had ships. 
50% had camo


I'm definitely pleased with those results. 

I earned all the bf crates from teh daily login and the thankful adngrateful mission...so i beleive thats 9 crates.

 

got nothing but cammos, and not even all black, the majority of cammos were type 59's, I'm sad, but thats the roll of the dice i guess. I only wish i'd gotten any black ship...but on the flip side i just purchased musashi with coal so thats nice.(and i'll get kron with fxp in a week or two. currently at 680k)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
134
[FGNE]
Members
396 posts
2,546 battles

I haven't bought any, the following results are from daily shipment/missions:

  • 2 Type 59 camos
  • 5000 FXP
  • Tirpitz B
  • 250 Doubloons
  • 4 Black Cammos

It was the first ship I ever got from a free container, so thanks WG!,... my Bismarck CO was transfered to it, and took it out for a test round... ~265K damage ... my highest ever!... sadly it was in coop (I do sea trials on coop), so I don't know if that counts for the 200k club :Smile_sad:.

Edited by CO_Valle
sea trials

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50
[SPV]
Members
120 posts
2,679 battles

18 Crates

Tirpitz B
Mass B
Atago B
2x14 days of Premium
1250 doubloons
Rest was camo and FXP

Apparently a good haul, considering some of the horror stories I've been seeing. All the free crates from ingame events have all been lousy camo drops. No surprise there. Wouldn't shock me if WG rigged the free crates to not drop any ships/premium

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×