You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
White_Knight_01

Disappointing black bundles

34 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
3,959 battles

I find it kind of sad that the last few rotations in the shop seem to just be money grabs with certain items, the temporary ships and now a completely separate ship version with black camos to the ones some of us already have. I would have gladly paid 5k dubs for the black camo on a few of my ships but buying an entirely different ship that works the same as the ones I have is pointless. I get that you're trying to give people access to ships they might not have for a discount but you're missing an easy market opportunity for people with the ships already since people with the ship already would be far more likely to buy a camo for slightly lower than the cost of buying an entirely new ship. On top of that it wouldn't have been any more effort to have it set up that way instead of two different ships. All in all kinda feel like this was a wasted opportunity.

Members
1,141 posts
7,111 battles
5 minutes ago, White_Knight_01 said:

I find it kind of sad that the last few rotations in the shop seem to just be money grabs with certain items, the temporary ships and now a completely separate ship version with black camos to the ones some of us already have. I would have gladly paid 5k dubs for the black camo on a few of my ships but buying an entirely different ship that works the same as the ones I have is pointless. I get that you're trying to give people access to ships they might not have for a discount but you're missing an easy market opportunity for people with the ships already since people with the ship already would be far more likely to buy a camo for slightly lower than the cost of buying an entirely new ship. On top of that it wouldn't have been any more effort to have it set up that way instead of two different ships. All in all kinda feel like this was a wasted opportunity.

The "black" ships are discounted vs their regular counterparts and come with a mission for free doubloons. It's really not all that bad of a deal. A 5000 doubloon camo wouldn't be much cheaper really, and with the separate ships that's another 50% XP bonus per day that you get. 

• Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
4 minutes ago, Gen_Saris said:

and come with a mission for free doubloons.

ONLY IF YOU ALREADY HAVE THE REGULAR SHIP.

• Cool 2

Members
1,141 posts
7,111 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Yes, which is further enticement for players who already have the regular ship to purchase them. If you don't have the regular ship the discounted price alone should be very tempting. It's a significant discount vs a standard tier 8 premium. 

Edited by Gen_Saris
  • Cool 2

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,297 posts
7,571 battles
1 minute ago, Gen_Saris said:

Yes, which is further enticement for players who already have the regular ship to purchase them. If you don't have the regular ship the discounted price alone should be very tempting. It's a significant discount vs a standard tier 8 premium. 

Not really. In game Tirpitz is worth far more than 2500 doublons (more like 5000, but that needs checking up). 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,999 battles

Another premium ship = another ship with which to train commanders on.

So some people do indeed find it worth it, just for that.

I'm looking at the ships wishing I had enough to purchase just one of them, specifically the Asashio. But alas, I have no money to spend.

• Cool 1

[RSF]
Members
48 posts
7,013 battles
56 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

From how I read it you get the mission regardless. But if you do have the regular ship the mission can be completed on it as well. We may need a higher power for clarification.

Never mind new article just posted on website the does say you need original ship for the mission.

Edited by gprix84

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
1 minute ago, gprix84 said:

From how I read it you get the mission regardless. But if you do have the regular ship the mission can be completed on it as well. We may need a higher power for clarification.

From the Black Mass purchase page:

Please note: Massachusetts B is a separate ship. If you already have the standard Massachusetts in your collection, you can use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. 

This tells me you have to have the original.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Please note: Massachusetts B is a separate ship. If you already have the standard Massachusetts in your collection, you can use her to complete a special Combat Mission after purchasing the bundle. 

NVM. WG fixed it. Here is what you get.

• VIII ATAGO B;
  • PORT SLOT;
  • COMBAT MISSION FOR 2,500 DOUBLOONS ON ATAGO

The combat mission is for Atago, not Atago-B. So you have to have the original in shop. WG updated the info on the purchase page.

[FYL]
Members
254 posts
1,495 battles
9 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Seems like you can use either the original or the B.

[VVV]
Members
2,465 posts

I really dislike the concept of these black ships. WG should've just bundled the black camos with the existing ships, and sold separate camo-only bundles for those of us who already have the ships.

[FYL]
Members
254 posts
1,495 battles
18 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

NVM. WG fixed it. Here is what you get.

• VIII ATAGO B;
  • PORT SLOT;
  • COMBAT MISSION FOR 2,500 DOUBLOONS ON ATAGO

The combat mission is for Atago, not Atago-B. So you have to have the original in shop. WG updated the info on the purchase page.

Really? wth... I bought the crates thinking I'd get those missions. WG managed to actually piss me off for once just after I gave them a ton of money...

Edited by Tanuvein
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 minute ago, Lord_Magus said:

I really dislike the concept of these black ships. WG should've just bundled the black camos with the existing ships, and sold separate camo-only bundles for those of us who already have the ships.

It's no different than the Lima ships. I for one like the idea of getting a second ship for farming first win bonuses.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
8 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

Really? wth... I bought the crates thinking I'd get those missions. WG managed to actually piss me off for once just after I gave them a ton of money...

Translation is always a problem. If something is vague, it is good to hear from WG about what that vagueness meant.

[FYL]
Members
254 posts
1,495 battles

Hopefully they'll give me a refund, I got a good haul but that's completely unacceptable to me.

I suppose I'll avoid crates in the future if they are negligent enough to be so misleading.

Edited by Tanuvein

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
50 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

Hopefully they'll give me a refund, I got a good haul but that's completely unacceptable to me.

I suppose I'll avoid crates in the future if they are negligent enough to be so misleading.

Part of the problem is the English language as a sentence can sometimes be read to have different meanings. It is both a good and bad thing to have.

[FYL]
Members
254 posts
1,495 battles
25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Part of the problem is the English language as a sentence can sometimes be read to have different meanings. It is both a good and bad thing to have.

This is very true. I feel like we use 3 or 4x as many words to say the same thing as Spanish, and about 6 times as many as Pashto. German translates much more directly and easily of course.

[SALVO]
Members
17,714 posts
18,486 battles

I am sorely tempted to get the Asashio B, because it is one fine looking DD.   However, I really hate the fact that the only torps it has are the BB/CV only DWTs.  I wish that WG would give the Asashio a choice between these DWTs and some normal torpedoes.  Even the somewhat weak torps on the Harekaze would be at least marginally acceptable.

Sigh. 

Decisions, decisions.  :cap_hmm:

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
3 hours ago, LoveBote said:

Not really. In game Tirpitz is worth far more than 2500 doublons (more like 5000, but that needs checking up). 

Tirpitz is worth 12,500 doubloons, so the 2500 compensation prize isn't much incentive for a duplicate ship.

Edited by Ace_04
  • Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
2,465 posts
2 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

It's no different than the Lima ships. I for one like the idea of getting a second ship for farming first win bonuses.

I guess, but the Limas are a lot cheaper than a T8 premium. 

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
38 minutes ago, Lord_Magus said:

If you don't want to have duplicate ships, then don't bother. But a lot of people like having duplicate ships.

[WOLF7]
Members
10,361 posts
31 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you don't want to have duplicate ships, then don't bother. But a lot of people like having duplicate ships.

The point people are making is, for a "Black Friday" sale, it's incredibly weak....They've had far better sales...remember the half price ship daily specials?

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
8 minutes ago, awiggin said:

The point people are making is, for a "Black Friday" sale, it's incredibly weak....They've had far better sales...remember the half price ship daily specials?

IIRC, were not the 1/2 off doubloon sales closer to Christmas last year? There is still time for more sales to be put out.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
6 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

^ This … I price them roughly equal to the regular ships if you used a -30% coupon 

Actual value for a camo on a clone nil … black lipstick on specialized/outdated ships - "Oooink" :)

Edit: if they come with 10 pt. captain, that might add value for some people

Edited by Commander_367

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
1 hour ago, Lord_Magus said:

That's because they never put out an Atago Lima (for example) that you could use as a comparison. These are basically T8 Lima ships in all but name and colour.