You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rumple010

12 Black Friday containers absolutely, totally worth it!

52 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
209 posts
15,044 battles

I purchased a 12 pack of Black Friday containers and here is what I got.

42 days of premium time (3x 14 days)

80 shadow lurker camouflage (4x 20 camouflage)

70k free xp (2x 35k)

Massachusetts Black

Atago Black

Asashio Black

That's right. I got 3 ships out of 12 containers! Since I already own the Atago, I snag a personal mission for up to 2,500 doubloons on top of all that. :Smile_trollface:

Absolutely, totally freakin' worth every penny.

Here's hoping everyone else who buys Black Friday containers has results as good as mine.

Thanks, WG! :Smile_great:

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles

Good info here.

Does each container include one item, or multiple?

[WOLFC]
Members
209 posts
15,044 battles
4 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

One item per container. So one container might contain 1 ship or 20 camo or 14 days of premium time or 35k free xp.

[DENY]
Members
382 posts
5,090 battles

I think there a bug with the gold mission they don't seem to take the battle in count

[5D4]
Beta Testers
23 posts
5,557 battles

I bought the same package and got the Mass B and Atago B, plus 80 shadow lurker, 2500 dubloons (2x 1250), 10 type 59 camos, and 25000 free xp

My Mass B and Atago B don't have the permanent black camo though, I thought that was a thing

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,390 battles
20 minutes ago, dad003 said:

I think there a bug with the gold mission they don't seem to take the battle in count

You need to do the missions in the original ship not the B variant

[WOLFC]
Members
209 posts
15,044 battles
25 minutes ago, jondread said:

My Mass B and Atago B don't have the permanent black camo though, I thought that was a thing

Mine have it.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 hour ago, Ace_04 said:

Good info here.

692uuTA.jpg

[5D4]
Beta Testers
23 posts
5,557 battles

The Atago is really nice, I'm glad I got it as I don't think I'd have ever bought it. Gonna start up the IJN Cruiser line now because of it.

[5D4]
Beta Testers
23 posts
5,557 battles
5 hours ago, Rumple010 said:

Mine have it.

Yeah I figured it out. You need to make sure that "Special Ships->Decorative" are not hidden for the camo to show.

• Cool 1

Members
579 posts
3,139 battles
6 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Good info here.

Its an RNG roll so buyer beware big time. First thing the gold and XP drops seem about as rare as ships. The stupid camos are very common. I bought 12 and all I got was the 1k gold, 35k xp, and tirp then a bunch of garbage camo I don't need so it was a very poor buy for myself. A lot of similar reports.

I'd recommend everyone hard pass especially if you're just after a ship or two. Just buy them outright as they're currently on sale and save yourself from getting ripped off by WGs stupid loot box algorithm.

Edited by ksix
  • Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
209 posts
15,044 battles
19 minutes ago, ksix said:

I'd recommend everyone hard pass especially if you're just after a ship or two. Just buy them outright as they're currently on sale and save yourself from getting ripped off by WGs stupid loot box algorithm.

I agree. If all you're after is a specific Black ship or two, then buy the ships directly. They're available at a discounted price so it makes more sense to do it that way. I'll make use of the xp, premium time and camo so taking a chance on the containers was worth it for me.

• Cool 1

Members
4,013 posts
14,864 battles

I decided to break my no-Container rule and buy 6 of these containers, just for the hell of it.

What I got was;

Massachusetts B

14 days Premium time

1250 Doubloons

20 Shadow Lurker camo

10 type 59 camo

50,000 Credits

Not bad! Especially getting the Yankee Bote.

[DRACS]
Members
3,637 posts

The problem with these containers is it's still too RNG. In fact, I just bought the Mass as I already own Tirpitz and Atago, and absolutely do not want Asashio. I also need FreeXP and doubloons, but NOT premium time or camos. So in the end, only half of possible rewards are something I need or want. At that point, I may as well just pay for doubloons directly or save my money.

I did buy Mass directly, though. It's on sale for quite cheap.

[WOLFC]
Members
209 posts
15,044 battles
6 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

absolutely do not want Asashio

I was pretty meh about the Asashio, myself. I would not have bought her directly. But I took her out this morning and sank 2 BBs and a Benson (I gunned down a Benson! :Smile_veryhappy:) so my regard for the ship has gone up sharply.

Beginner's luck, I know. I don't expect my subsequent games will be as successful but I'll take all the luck I can get.

• Funny 1

[AK]
Beta Testers
337 posts
9,654 battles

can not complain here. 12 crates:

Mass, Trip, Asashio, 2500 dubloons, 35000 fxp, and a the rest was the shadow cammo.

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
8 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

The problem with these containers is it's still too RNG. In fact, I just bought the Mass as I already own Tirpitz and Atago, and absolutely do not want Asashio. I also need FreeXP and doubloons, but NOT premium time or camos. So in the end, only half of possible rewards are something I need or want. At that point, I may as well just pay for doubloons directly or save my money.

I did buy Mass directly, though. It's on sale for quite cheap.

That is the way everyone should look at the boxes. If you don't get any of the ships, will you still be happy with the other stuff you get. If so, then buy some boxes and if you don't want what is in the boxes then skip them. If only everyone was as wise as you are.

• Cool 1

Members
28 posts
2,416 battles
On 11/23/2018 at 1:26 PM, ksix said:

Its an RNG roll so buyer beware big time. First thing the gold and XP drops seem about as rare as ships. The stupid camos are very common. I bought 12 and all I got was the 1k gold, 35k xp, and tirp then a bunch of garbage camo I don't need so it was a very poor buy for myself. A lot of similar reports.

I bought 2x of the 24 crates, and IIRC, on the first set of 24, I got all 4 ships (lucky me), and IIRC, only 1x 35k Free XP. I bought a second set, just to see if I would get more free XP (which is what I need). I got 2x 35k Free XP.

I want the Musashi, and need quite a few more free XP, and I read on other forums, people were getting 2, 3, 4, 5x crates of the Free 35k Free XP. Now, after 48 crates, I'm leaning towards what your comments are, but I bought 48 more crates to just check. I have a sh*t ton of Type 59 camo, and... a mega sh*t ton of the black camo's. I'm praying to the RNG gods, I get more 35k Free XP's, than the dub's or free time (I'm a primarily, WoT player, so I have tons of premium time).

Anyone else, who bought the 24 containers get more than 1-2x 35k Free XP's?

Pray for me, I swear, if I get more black camo's instead, I'm going to be starring at black ships for a longgggggggggggggggggggg time.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles
On 11/23/2018 at 7:37 AM, Rumple010 said:

I purchased a 12 pack of Black Friday containers and here is what I got.

42 days of premium time (3x 14 days)

80 shadow lurker camouflage (4x 20 camouflage)

70k free xp (2x 35k)

Massachusetts Black

Atago Black

Asashio Black

That's right. I got 3 ships out of 12 containers! Since I already own the Atago, I snag a personal mission for up to 2,500 doubloons on top of all that. :Smile_trollface:

Absolutely, totally freakin' worth every penny.

Here's hoping everyone else who buys Black Friday containers has results as good as mine.

Thanks, WG! :Smile_great:

i-got-a-rock-4413380.png

[WOLF1]
Members
3,383 posts
1,465 battles
On 11/23/2018 at 1:26 PM, ksix said:

I only got one ship out of 12 crates, but I had 5x35K fxp, a 14-day premium, and only 5 boxes were camos.  Worth it, imo.  

As usual, if you think anything that isn't a ship is trash, you should not buy WG boxes.  

• Cool 3

Members
28 posts
2,416 battles
5 minutes ago, mavfin87 said:

I only got one ship out of 12 crates, but I had 5x35K fxp, a 14-day premium, and only 5 boxes were camos.  Worth it, imo.  

As usual, if you think anything that isn't a ship is trash, you should not buy WG boxes.  

What did you do before you opened the 12 crates? I need to do what you did. What did you eat? Which RNG saint's you prayed to? I have 48 to unbox today, and I'm praying most of them are the 35k free xp's.

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,619 posts
2,111 battles

Yea.....woopie for you

I tried the 12 pack as well

giphy.gif

• Funny 2

Members
28 posts
2,416 battles
2 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Yea.....woopie for you

I tried the 12 pack as well

giphy.gif

Yeah man, I was going to blow some $ and go nuts in hopes of getting these 35k Free XP's (and eat ramen, for a month and have a life time supply of black camo's)... I can only pray man...

• Funny 1