Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Markk9

Captain for Mass

5 comments in this topic

[13CLM]
Members
228 posts
1,364 battles

I have a 10P captain for the Texas that is AA speced (PT, EM, BFT, AFT), it looks like this might be a good fit as a secondary build for the Mass. Then I have a 10P captain on the Arizona that is built (PT, EM, SI, CE), that I can use for a ranged build.

[SHAFT]
Members
261 posts
10,908 battles

I run my Cleveland captain on mine (19 pts).

PT,PM,AR,SI,AFT, CE and IFHE, been having good results so far.

IFHE and AR are most valuable in mid to late game brawling, but some might suggest giving up CE for manual secondaries.

[ARRSE]
Members
41 posts
1,033 battles

I run a full secondary build on my dedicated Mass captain, and I did give up CE for manual secondaries.

My rational for this - which seems to bear out in game outcomes - is that Mass needs to be about 8-10 km from the action in order to maximise both main and secondary effectiveness (its particularly suited to hugging an island to provide close support to DDs in a cap). At these ranges, the ship will be perma-spotted anyway, so CE becomes redundant.

Incidentally, my Mass (on EU) currently has about 90% heavy tier 10 games so far, and so you really need to get to a 19 point captain asap just in order to be able to invest in some of the tanking/survival skills as well.

• Cool 1

[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,116 posts
4,454 battles

Co-op grind Halsey. It's what I'm using for my Mass atm, grinding up points before the new CVs drop and I can switch him with my BB captain.

It won't take you that long, it's just tedious.

• Cool 1

Members
1,141 posts
7,111 battles

Mass really needs IFHE to be effective. Without a specialized Commander you'd be better off with Alabama. 

Sign in to follow this