You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

Armada

60 comments in this topic

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,913 posts
15,363 battles

Very few would, but I do remember in years past, there's those few guys on the server that do, and that's out of the guys that post on the boards.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,872 posts
3,968 battles

You don't buy just the ships, you also buy heavily discounted doubloons too due to the duplicate ships giving full doubloon value for this package.

Edited by warheart1992
  • Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
1,324 posts
5,043 battles

Does it include port slots? I saw the list of ships but did not see any port slots. Of course I could have over looked it.

[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,732 battles
3 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Does it include port slots? I saw the list of ships but did not see any port slots. Of course I could have over looked it.

Each ship comes with a port slot.

[TDRB]
Members
1,324 posts
5,043 battles
Just now, sansfaille said:

Each ship comes with a port slot.

Thanks

[TBOW]
Members
237 posts
2,411 battles

Yeah I saw that when I woke up, that’s the price of some phones. I don’t know why you would spend that much on ships that most of which you probably won’t like

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
634 posts
9,778 battles
38 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Very few would, but I do remember in years past, there's those few guys on the server that do, and that's out of the guys that post on the boards.

The $400 bundle was worth it for me, Kamikaze and Katori were in it, ships I did not have.  Plus the ending result of over 200k doubloons proved quite useful when MO came out. :Smile_Default:  I just checked the current list however, and I have all of those ships so I am putting it on the back burner.  If there was just ONE ship in that list I did not have however...:cat_paw:...depending. :Smile_teethhappy:

[S0L0]
Members
923 posts
5,130 battles

Yeah, they used to include a few of the unobtainium ships in each Armada pack. I don't see Nicki or the Gremlin on the list this time around though. If I had any confidence in the the direction the game is going, I'd consider it, just for the huge supply of cheap doubloons.

Between the sub test and the roaring dumpster fire that is the CV rework, I don't have $700 worth of confidence right now.

Matt

• Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
237 posts
2,411 battles
6 minutes ago, Volron said:

The $400 bundle was worth it for me, Kamikaze and Katori were in it, ships I did not have.  Plus the ending result of over 200k doubloons proved quite useful when MO came out. :Smile_Default:  I just checked the current list however, and I have all of those ships so I am putting it on the back burner.  If there was just ONE ship in that list I did not have however...:cat_paw:...depending. :Smile_teethhappy:

Gulio cesare?

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
634 posts
9,778 battles

Gulio cesare?

Picked her up the day she came out. :Smile_Default:

And I have to correct myself.  There IS one ship in the list I do not have, Diana Lima.  So it's moved to a front burner now. :cap_hmm:

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Holy crap! Who would buy that? $699.99 for x67 ships. Good lord

If you need doubloons, there is no better bang for your buck.

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles
13 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

If you need doubloons, there is no better bang for your buck.

Oh yeah. If I had the $700 spare cash, I would get well over a 100k doubloons I think.

I don't have

Roma
Le Terrible
Asashio
Ashitaka
Duca Degli Abruzzi
Diana Lima

So that would be 61 ships I do have for full doubloon pricing.

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

Holy crap! Who would buy that? $699.99 for x67 ships. Good lord

$881.XX CDN, err no thanks, though maybe some containers or Mass B.

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Oh yeah. If I had the $700 spare cash, I would get well over a 100k doubloons I think.

I don't have

Roma
Le Terrible
Asashio
Ashitaka
Duca Degli Abruzzi
Diana Lima

So that would be 61 ships I do have for full doubloon pricing.

I did some quick math this morning, and with me only needing a few of the ships on the list, I could potentially get 316000 doubloons in compensation for ships I already have in port.  Even though I don't plan on pursuing this, it would essentially be $1600 in doubloons for $882 (not even including the ships I would get).

So there is definitely value there if you are willing to dive deep enough into your pocket book to get it.  Then again, it would take ages to spend that many doubloons even if every in-game non- ship purchase was made.

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles
2 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

I did some quick math this morning, and with me only needing a few of the ships on the list, I could potentially get 316000 doubloons in compensation for ships I already have in port.  Even though I don't plan on pursuing this, it would essentially be $1600 in doubloons for $882 (not even including the ships I would get).

So there is definitely value there if you are willing to dive deep enough into your pocket book to get it.  Then again, it would take ages to spend that many doubloons even if every in-game non- ship purchase was made.

I have like 5M Elite Ship XP, so I think that would eat up some. I also would like to get perma-camo for each ship that doesn't have one and I'm just getting into T7 ships, so that would eat up some too.

[-HON-]
Beta Testers
413 posts
10,304 battles

For me there are 10 ships I don't have in that list.

Rough calculation for the doubloons, and port slots I would get mean that it is very good value.

The main issue is there is less and less to spend doubloons on in the game.  

• Cool 1

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
135 posts
3,762 battles

I bought last year, it was better

now some ships retired, not suggesting you buy

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
174 posts
3,110 battles

I did it last year, and between that and the Santa crates (and me not realizing I had a good majority of the ships already), wound up with over 200k doubloons. Threw some down for premium time and permanently camos, as well as XP conversion. 

But 700 bucks...woof.

As the saying goes, "If you gots it, flaunts it," but even I'm saying, "Oh, I say...hold on a tick."

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
5,477 posts
9,417 battles
1 hour ago, SansPeur said:

The main issue is there is less and less to spend doubloons on in the game.  

Exactly.  I have no idea what I would even spend 316000 doubloons on if I made the Armada purchase.

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles
9 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Exactly.  I have no idea what I would even spend 316000 doubloons on if I made the Armada purchase.

Perma-camo for tech tree ships would eat into that pretty good.  Just the T10s would take 100k doubloons.