Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
galspanic

Black Black Friday Crates??

26 comments in this topic

[WPP]
Members
625 posts
6,245 battles
Just now, dad003 said:

They likely going to pop in the morning at the reset

Oh yeah, I assumed that.  I can't wait to see people talking about the Armada package... $633 and no rare ships.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,757 posts
3,739 battles

I heard the NA server resets on 4:30 am, Pacific time.

Yay. It looks like they're selling the Black ships separately.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

Wow. They're starting the Armada sales early, at least on EU. For the cost, it's pretty impressive; assuming one doesn't have many of the new ships.

It's not really worth the 600+ if you already have 90% of the ships since you don't get full value of the ships anymore.

Didn't read the fine print. Fool is me this time.

Edited by YamatoA150

[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,743 battles
5 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Wow. They're starting the Armada sales early, at least on EU. For the cost, it's pretty impressive; assuming one doesn't have many of the new ships.

It's not really worth the 600+ if you already have 90% of the ships since you don't get full value of the ships anymore.

Well it says this, what am I missing?

Please note: If you already have some of the ships in your collection, you will receive the ship's FULL price in doubloons as compensation.

Edited by sansfaille

[DENY]
Members
382 posts
5,090 battles
5 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Read the text it say full price 

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles
1 minute ago, sansfaille said:

Well it says this, what am I missing?

Please note: If you already have some of the ships in your collection, you will receive the ship's FULL price in doubloons as compensation.

I admit didn't actually click the link and read the fine print. Fool is me this time. That's great news in this case.

• Cool 1

[WPP]
Members
625 posts
6,245 battles
Just now, YamatoA150 said:

I admit didn't actually click the link and read the fine print. Fool is me this time. That's great news in this case.

I did and I stopped reading at $633.  I appreciate the value, but it's not saving $800 so much as spending $633 I don't need to spend... not one rare or showy ship in the lot.

[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,743 battles
3 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I remember something about devs saying what you told about not providing full compensation for dupes. With WG have to confirm the T&Cs twice because they have multiple channels to put out the info :)

Edited by sansfaille

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,757 posts
3,739 battles

Perth is on sale too... Or is she? It looks like she's bundled with some BLACK camo's for the deal. I just want the ship. The camo's seem very nice, but I'm not really sure if I "need" them.

Same deal for Mutsu, but I already have her... lol.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles
5 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

I remember something about devs saying what you told about not giving full compensation for dups. With WG have to confirm the T&Cs twice because they have multiple channels to put out the info :)

It's a pain that WG keeps flip-flopping. Is it just an exception for multi-ship bundles? Or is it just the Armada? Or what?

It'd really be nice if WG clarified their stance on what exactly is eligible for full compensation or only discounted compensation, especially in their 2+ ship packs. I mean, I get that getting Texas for 10 was a steal, and getting full Doubloon compensation for it was an even bigger steal, but they need to clarify it more, especially on some of the sales articles they write up.

At least the Black Squadron also mentions compensation price.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
7,378 posts
7,771 battles

I remember when the Armada was like 399$.

I feel so very sorry for the poor guy or girl with more money than sense who drops over 600 USD on this game, all at once.

*Disclaimer: This user is a fool with more money than sense, and already owns, like, everything. This is how this fool knows to feel sorry for other, possible, fools.

**Disclaimer #2: A fool and his money are soon parted. WG, like any business, knows this, and behaves accordingly. I sure wouldn't complain if people threw money at me for things that aren't even real. In fact, there's a nice oceanside beach in Kansas I've been looking to move for a while now...

Members
1,175 posts
3,153 battles

Honestly I'm glad they aren't locking up the OP collectible premiums behind a giant paywall. If you want to go spend over 600 bucks on overpriced pixel ships, good for you. I could care less, it doesn't affect me. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles
1 minute ago, Capt_h2o said:

I can't get 30 women for $600

You should visit Olongapo.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles
39 minutes ago, So_lt_Goes said:

It ain't the same, shipmate.

Oh I have no doubt, just remembering my time there.

Members
54 posts
3,813 battles

In my day, Olongopo ladies were roughly 20 pesos a throw, which worked out to $5.00.  Add in the same for a “good” hotel and your at a grand total of $10 for a standard short time throw.  God knows what a drunk sailor could wrangle for 600 bucks and a keen imagination.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles
6 minutes ago, monkfish47 said:

God knows what a drunk sailor could wrangle for 600 bucks and a keen imagination.

As a corpsman, I say probably a few days in the intensive care for rehydration therapy, STD workups, and tube feedings..... Six hundred dollars would have bought a lot of fun...…

• Funny 1

Members
54 posts
3,813 battles

LOL!!  We kept sickbay very busy the first couple of days back on the line.  Lord knows we were idiots.

• Cool 1

Members
1,112 posts
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

As a corpsman, I say probably a few days in the intensive care for rehydration therapy, STD workups, and tube feedings..... Six hundred dollars would have bought a lot of fun...…

Hell, for 600 you can buy your own personal Jeepney complete with driver.

proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
534 posts
4,960 battles
6 hours ago, Th3KrimzonD3mon said:

I remember when the Armada was like 399$.

I feel so very sorry for the poor guy or girl with more money than sense who drops over 600 USD on this game, all at once.

*Disclaimer: This user is a fool with more money than sense, and already owns, like, everything. This is how this fool knows to feel sorry for other, possible, fools.

**Disclaimer #2: A fool and his money are soon parted. WG, like any business, knows this, and behaves accordingly. I sure wouldn't complain if people threw money at me for things that aren't even real. In fact, there's a nice oceanside beach in Kansas I've been looking to move for a while now...

Basically, if you have lots of the premiums, this is a half-price sale on gold.  I bought the Armada to get about 5 premiums of the group, and I still have over 200K gold left from the conversions.  So when the 35/1 FXP conversions roll around, I clear all the XP off the ships I enjoy playing and get the FXP ships that are being offered.

Considering that $600 is less than most people spend on coffee ($3-5 a cup) and movies ($25 with popcorn and a drink) in a year, and it's my entertainment budget, I think it's a good deal and a good move for WG.  If you can't afford it or don't want it, more power to you keeping the server pop up which is the other thing keeping the game alive.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this