You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DigitalRebel

Yue Yang Build After nerf

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
108 posts
12,607 battles

I'm presently going full [edited] gun build but have to wait for 156 sec torp reload.  I seem to be doing good damage with BFT, reload module and IFHE (Yeah I know). ...But I know torps can be a big part of damage output..  What are you all doing?  Do you leave it the same build, torp focused or go all guns?  

[NOBS]
Members
650 posts
6,711 battles

I'm sticking with torps, refusing to cap, and not engaging other DD's. That seems to be how WG wants it played

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 2

Members
1,881 posts
10,355 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 11:49 PM, Capt_h2o said:

I'm sticking with torps, refusing to cap, and not engaging other DD's. That seems to be how WG wants it played

I dropped TTM3 before the nerf.  I was sick and tired of constantly losing the #2 tube to very light damages.

Reload works well, and will help even up some of the DPM against peer DDs.

• Cool 1

[WOLFK]
[WOLFK]
Members
116 posts
13,449 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 9:11 PM, DigitalRebel said:

I'm presently going full [edited] gun build but have to wait for 156 sec torp reload.  I seem to be doing good damage with BFT, reload module and IFHE (Yeah I know). ...But I know torps can be a big part of damage output..  What are you all doing?  Do you leave it the same build, torp focused or go all guns?  

I went 'all in' on the guns..  dropping TTM3 for MBR in slot 6+AR+BFT   I choose RDF over IFHE simply because I prefer the additional intel it provides to me (and thus the team) over the extra damage IFHE can bring.   I'm finding the YY still very competitive though my approach to playing is having to change to fit the new performance envelope. 

• Cool 1

[SIDE]
Members
753 posts
3,480 battles

YY is garbage now, Might as well take your captain and respect it with the free respect to another ship. (tier 9 is just better in every way now. lol)

[90THD]
[90THD]
Members
133 posts
9,988 battles
On 11/23/2018 at 4:37 PM, Paulberios said:

With Daring and Gumo out there they nerf this one, I don't get it. 

The nerf makes the legendary upgrade, once excellent, now worthless. While I can still manage somewhat, I feel outclassed by other DD's. I was at 2.1 sec reload pre-nerf. Now  it's 2.9 sec. I can no longer gun down a Gearing or a Harugumo. I have 6.5 km detection, slower loading torps and less radar or smoke duration.  So the nerf has obsoleted this perk and I think their data may have showed the ship was OP with it, not so much the stats without it.  RIP my Legendary Beast.

On 11/29/2018 at 8:31 PM, Merlox said:

YY is garbage now, Might as well take your captain and respect it with the free respect to another ship. (tier 9 is just better in every way now. lol)

I wouldn't say this bote is garbage. I will re-spec it to be a pure torpedo boat once again. It will have meh guns so caps will be avoided early in the game unless RPF indicates no contest.