You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

The rush for console release detrimental to PC players

12 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles

The obvious push to get things in time for console release is obvious and painful.

• Cool 2

[FYL]
Alpha Tester
145 posts
12,553 battles

Ah I saw somebody mention this in the cv rework section, makes sense that a deadline would drive the poor devs to such faulty decisions as deleting ships from the cv line. 

Just release console w no cvs imo; since "only 10%" even use them.

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
303 posts
11,556 battles

10%? When did it go up? Last I heard it was 5% according to the stat folks.

[RLGN]
Members
8,668 posts
17,921 battles
34 minutes ago, TheGill said:

Ah I saw somebody mention this in the cv rework section, makes sense that a deadline would drive the poor devs to such faulty decisions as deleting ships from the cv line. 

Just release console w no cvs imo; since "only 10%" even use them.

Just restrict their use to Co-op and OPs; problem solved.

Then everyone in Randoms can go back to complaining about torp skill walls from unseen destroyers like they were doing two years ago.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,262 posts
9,589 battles

Considering that the console version is stand alone from the PC version there is no need for this game to be console friendly.

may2010+540.jpg

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,575 posts
10,040 battles

I noticed a detail in the most recent news.....  Had to read it twice to believe it...  With the new CV rework:

PLANES WILL NOT BE SPOTTING TORPS....

NoSpotTorps.jpg

Edited by AVR_Project

[FYL]
Alpha Tester
145 posts
12,553 battles
1 hour ago, AVR_Project said:

I noticed a detail in the most recent news.....  Had to read it twice to believe it...  With the new CV rework:

PLANES WILL NOT BE SPOTTING TORPS....

NoSpotTorps.jpg

Oh wow. Loss for words. Just take planes out entirely. Make the secondaries mains and I'll just fight other ships head to head with one of my 8 remaining cvs.

Oh wait. I'm at tier 9 on both cv branches so I guess I'll be down to 6 cvs. Yep. Literally taking away SIX SHIPS from my port and giving just credits in return? Seriously fudged up. 

Only not using the real F word so there's no excuse to delete my post. 

I feel comepletely violated. F f f. 

[BNKR]
Members
336 posts
358 battles
On November 23, 2018 at 12:27 PM, Masingi said:
World of Warships: Legends probably wont be out till late 2019. No rush.

You never know, way game development works.

[ASHIP]
Members
18 posts
5,334 battles

I would imagine wargaming is trying to figure out a way to combine consoles and pc play together at somepoint. They are changing Cv play where you only have to control one thing at a time the same as ships.  The current Cv play wouldnt be compatible with a console controller, IE can you see somebody on a XBOX trying to run a tier 10 cv esp the japanese one, be like 8 different units to control.   Console game pads arent made for that, I personally feel this whole CV rework is for the console release, They have pretty much tapped the PC population out and are now gonna look at the consoles to increase their player base

Members
2,148 posts
3,365 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 9:07 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

Then everyone in Randoms can go back to complaining about torp skill walls from unseen destroyers like they were doing two years ago.

This is exactly what's going to happen. CVs losing their spotting and alpha damage? Forum will be full of crap BB drivers whining about DDs all over again. 

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
On 11/27/2018 at 3:13 PM, Harathan said:

This is exactly what's going to happen. CVs losing their spotting and alpha damage? Forum will be full of crap BB drivers whining about DDs all over again. 

Mean while on the Atago, her Captain is smiling as the torpedoes they launched sank the Iowa and the Kagero got the blame.