Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
KelesK

Abuse of CV players

18 comments in this topic

[REVY]
Members
185 posts
3,295 battles

With all the talk of the CV rework about I figured I'd throw another factor of the dismal CV player percentage out there.

I'm by no means a good CV player, I know and admit to this but the amount of "advice" and insults I get every other game is ridiculous. Is anyone else subject to this kind of abuse too?

Members
507 posts
12,787 battles
12 minutes ago, KelesK said:

I'm by no means a good CV player,

Maybe....just maybe this is why you are seeing the salt.

Non-cv drivers know that your one ship can make or break the team. If you can't bring a good game, they are going to give pointers on how you can...whether you want them or not and whether they are communicated politely or not.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,598 posts
10,056 battles

No problem in Co-Op..  Usually get a few 'Thank_You' buttons hit for spotting.

Difference between Co_Op and Random is immense.  The Random RNG induced malfunctions get very frustrating.

The buttons that work in co-op don't work right in Random..  Like manual drops gone haywire.

In Co-Op, my carrier NEVER goes sailing off in some weird direction.  And the Alt button works fine there.

Kind of like the rudder controls in surface ships...  No problem in Co-Op, but in Random, you need to keep checking the display to make sure it responds to your entries.

[REVY]
Members
185 posts
3,295 battles
36 minutes ago, Prothall said:

Maybe....just maybe this is why you are seeing the salt.

You are probably be right.

[PQUOD]
Members
454 posts
6,888 battles
1 hour ago, KelesK said:

I'm by no means a good CV player, I know and admit to this but the amount of "advice" and insults I get every other game is ridiculous. 

Part of driving a CV. 

I like playing CV and usually stick in T4 and T5 because I never learned how to strafe effectively with fighters. Yes, playing CV's you are prone to being scrutinized and ostracized depending on the outcome of the  game. The CV drivers will catch scrutiny much like a quarterback or a kicker for a football team. Catch a lot of praise or a lot of grief.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
9,701 battles

yes CV players are scrutinized...for just what another poster said...you don't do a decent job, and do stupid old hat tactics, then the salt comes out...why?  Hmmm enemy CV is scouting with planes, and his ships are shooting the crap out of your BBs etc and we can't see them.  Their DDs are hidden and scoring a cap because his planes are sniping our DDs and our CV is still circling up his planes for a stupid around the edge of the map CV strike...and thats just the start of our stupid CV players bad tactics....THAT is why their is salt...course you will hear it if your a BB camping the back or a DD hiding behind and island thats not even in cap...just more of them and usually only one CV...so yeah the CV stands out.  whew...I feel better already...

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles

yes and no, but as a  CV player, being the focus of attention, is part of the game, for good and bad. If you are getting a lot of advice, from many players, I would advise you to listen politely, some of that advice may be worth remembering.

Of course, others will simply use you as a punching bag for their frustrations, this cannot be helped.

[FYL]
Alpha Tester
145 posts
12,601 battles
5 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

yes and no, but as a  CV player, being the focus of attention, is part of the game, for good and bad. If you are getting a lot of advice, from many players, I would advise you to listen politely, some of that advice may be worth remembering.

Of course, others will simply use you as a punching bag for their frustrations, this cannot be helped.

Cvs have a huge responsibility to the team, in tier 4-5 this is somewhat negated by the lack of manual targeting, but by the time you're at higher tiers players expect you to do a real lion's share of work. That's just how it is. I see cvs looming their planes over their boat whe the enemy is actively spotting/attacking/killing, I'm gonna throw some salt too. Not being mean, just expecting a fair game. Cv is HARD. Those of us who devote to the art see each other as disciples, adversaries, and colleagues; all at the same time. 

Ps cv rework looks like [edited] esp the tech tree changes and wth cant steer ship anymore?... 

Surely all these changes are being approved by devoted cv players.... Yeah no. Just the whiners getting their way as usual .

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
8,689 posts
17,952 battles
32 minutes ago, TheGill said:

Ps cv rework looks like [edited] esp the tech tree changes and wth cant steer ship anymore?... 

Surely all these changes are being approved by devoted cv players.... Yeah no. Just the whiners getting their way as usual .

In case you missed it; there was a huge meltdown in EU last week over the rework.

Partly because there were some serious issues with the mechanics in the second test; but also apparently because it got out that the new setup was more about setting things up for console, than balancing the current system.

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,289 posts
7,571 battles
35 minutes ago, TheGill said:

Cv is HARD. Those of us who devote to the art see each other as disciples, adversaries, and colleagues; all at the same time. 

I find CVs easy.

I see enemy CV players as food, victims, free dmg and xp.

Just how devoted are you by the way?

• Cool 1

[FYL]
Alpha Tester
145 posts
12,601 battles
16 hours ago, LoveBote said:

I find CVs easy.

I see enemy CV players as food, victims, free dmg and xp.

Just how devoted are you by the way?

Over a thousand battles in cvs, does that make the cut?

[WOLF4]
Members
52 posts
On 11/22/2018 at 9:20 PM, KelesK said:

With all the talk of the CV rework about I figured I'd throw another factor of the dismal CV player percentage out there.

I'm by no means a good CV player, I know and admit to this but the amount of "advice" and insults I get every other game is ridiculous. Is anyone else subject to this kind of abuse too?

Yes and I feel that this form has been infected by those people who want to see the CV rework fail. The rework will make CV much better overall.

Some other advice is to turn the chat off when they start that crap. 

[OTG]
Beta Testers
580 posts
8,432 battles

The reason why CV players get so much hate is because

1. 90% of players have never played a CV and have no idea what playing it involves or what it is actually capable of and its limitations. 

2.  Majority of players want to see CVs gone from the game for good, and they will harrass curse and neg-karma you until you no longer bring your CV into battle.

Bad play exists and I accept getting insults when I f#@% up but most negative feedback I get is: (and its gotten  A LOT worse in recent months)

Your planes should be defending ME!  (when my fighters are defending someone else, or on the other side of the map, or dead, or already engaging enemy planes)

Why arent you spotting DDs! (20 seconds into the match)

Dumb a$$ I was calling for you to attack THAT ship and you never did! ( called for an attack when my planes are headed back to reload and died before they could be serviced and launched)

Oh and my favorite cause of negative Karma,  have a good match and do lots of damage and the red team causes you to lose 4 karma points. 

Members
2,165 posts
3,365 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 9:00 PM, Estimated_Prophet said:

In case you missed it; there was a huge meltdown in EU last week over the rework.

Partly because there were some serious issues with the mechanics in the second test; but also apparently because it got out that the new setup was more about setting things up for console, than balancing the current system.

Being lied to about why the rework is happening should annoy everyone, regardless of their investment in the CV line. 

[RLGN]
Members
8,689 posts
17,952 battles
24 minutes ago, Harathan said:

Being lied to about why the rework is happening should annoy everyone, regardless of their investment in the CV line. 

I’m slightly confused now because a few people are saying the two are unrelated and involve different coding. Not knowing about such things is what makes me unsure about where the truth lies.

However; seemingly ignored suggestions for fixes by many players over the last two-plus years, and the perception of being lied too in 2017, doesn’t exactly encourage my trusting WG about their reasoning behind this rework.

[C-1]
[C-1]
Members
412 posts
7,346 battles

-If you can't multitask and I see your fighters just spinning around doing NOTHING, you are immediately on my $#!^ list.

-When I see you take all of your bombers and fighters on a 5 hour journey along the border of the map (with no chance in hell that you can kill the enemy CV, and more than likely will lose all of your planes doing so), yep; immediately on my $#!^ list.

-When I see you in a tier 10 CV and you get rofflestomped into the ground like it was your first day in a CV, $#!^ list!

-When there is a prime target being called out, a target that is as good as dead, a threat that SHOULD BE YOUR PRIME TARGET, and you ignore it in favor of chasing a Anti-aircraft platform for which you have no chance in hell of killing it. … You know which list you are going on in my book.

You might look at this list and think "Oh those are just odd cases" but the sad truth is that this is the Norm. This is every friggin day where the majority of the time either you or the enemy can and will be stuck with a crap CV player.

CV's are a MAJOR power in the game with how much potential they bring into a match. How much vision control they possess. How much damage they can deal. How easily they can instantly kill ships. RNG be damned, they can kill anything with one wave of aircraft IF the CV player knows what they are doing.

Compared to the norm, you've got a enemy ship that can instantly delete a DD, Cruiser, or even BB (heck it can even control a BB's movements and make the things turn broadside to other enemy battleships) and can keep a DD perma-spotted all day long;  and compared that to you being stuck with a CV player that can't (or won't) even take out/on a opposing enemy CV's planes. The power imbalance is massive. So, you at least should know where this residual angst is coming from.

I personally stopped playing the Ranger because WG screwed the poor thing up so damn bad that it is an immediate detriment to the team if/when the other CV's have Air Superiority build. If I see a Ranger captain that can hold their own against a Saipan or Japanese CV with 3 fighter-speced squadrons, I'll compliment him/her in a heartbeat. <Problem being, I don't' think I've ever had to bother doing so except maybe one or two times since they neutered the damn US CV line.

And the Japanese CV line was a second choice, but I figured boycott the damn things since WG didn't (and apparently doesn't) know how the hell to balance them anyways. So here comes the "rework"... yay...

• Cool 1

Members
2,165 posts
3,365 battles
Just now, Estimated_Prophet said:

I’m slightly confused now because a few people are saying the two are unrelated and involve different coding. Not knowing about such things is what makes me unsure about where the truth lies.

However; seemingly ignored suggestions for fixes by many players over the last two-plus years, and the perception of being lied too in 2017, doesn’t exactly encourage my trusting WG about their reasoning behind this rework.

I probably should've said "the perception of being lied to", because the damage was mainly done by inconsistent or non-existent messaging on the issue from WG, combined with the fact that nobody really trusts them to start with. Personally I think the CV rework feeling "console-ified" is a coincidence (knowing how development works, it's almost certainly two separate teams) and people are overreacting to that particular conspiracy, but WG certainly aren't doing themselves any favors explaining why the CV rework is just such a huge swerve from existing game mechanics.

• Cool 1

Members
17 posts
4,607 battles
On 11/22/2018 at 8:20 PM, KelesK said:

Sometimes I get the chat comments, usually by either those that have never played a CV or those that think you are there to serve them.  The same thing happens in DD play... go spot for me so I don't get shot at.  Just ignore them and keep playing.

Sign in to follow this