You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Firejunk_2017

L 20e α-class battleship, The Proposed German Titan

3 comments in this topic

Members
30 posts
32 battles

L20e α design

This Titan of a warship was designed in 1918, it was to get 420mm twin mounts, 12 Sponson-mounted 150mm guns with 88mm or 105mm DP AAA.

The Armor would range from 60-400mm and put this ship at Max of 48,700 tons. It was designed to go a rather fast for its size and era 26 knots.

If this beast was added, it would have a strange issue of Balance, as it had a lack of AA, at best only AAA and only 8 total DP guns, no Short and Mid Range. Yet the guns are at the level of High Tier German BBs.

Members
501 posts
12,766 battles

One of the big issues I have with Wargaming is they always put historical values for AA on low tier ships. These ships never faced airplanes. If they were still in service in the 30s and knew that airplanes were a threat. the governments would have slapped more AA on them. In this game they are often thrust into matches with higher tier ships (and CVs) that they were not designed to face and were not upgraded against. I am not saying you should give a tier 4-5 ship a 99 AA rating, but they should have SOMETHING. Because with CVs in the mix you bet they would have slapped machine guns wherever they could.

• Cool 1

Members
30 posts
32 battles
1 hour ago, Prothall said:

One of the big issues I have with Wargaming is they always put historical values for AA on low tier ships. These ships never faced airplanes. If they were still in service in the 30s and knew that airplanes were a threat. the governments would have slapped more AA on them. In this game they are often thrust into matches with higher tier ships (and CVs) that they were not designed to face and were not upgraded against. I am not saying you should give a tier 4-5 ship a 99 AA rating, but they should have SOMETHING. Because with CVs in the mix you bet they would have slapped machine guns wherever they could.

Oh? That is interesting.