Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tanuvein

I love the Independence

4 comments in this topic

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,408 battles

Because of the credit discount on USN ships I was able to solve a dilemma and actually afford to upgrade to both the New Orleans and the Ranger today, so I decided to grind out the 40k experience I needed to finish the Independence-to-Ranger upgrade and ended up playing around 20 (or more?) games in it. I had been practicing for maybe 15-20 games in co op to learn how to do the manual attacks for aircraft with stints into Random to test out my understanding, and today was the first time in t6 I just sat with the a CV vs humans for quite a few hours and it was the most fun I've had in this game so far. I couldn't stop playing, the grind itself became incidental, and I feel like the carrier just clicked with me finally. I was able to get 80k+ damage 5 games in a row and right around 2k base xp, which is way better than any other ship for me in t6 (I've only gotten that far with like 4 or 5 ships, though I have the USS NC as my highest). More importantly, it just felt amazing dancing with my opponent while sending out strike attacks and slowly moving my carrier up to higher positions. Even helped with a cap today. I really got to understand the importance of spotting, though I had several annoying earlier games where everyone wanted to fire at bbs instead of dds for some reason, though maybe they were turkeys? I've had a lot today.

I was surprised to see a ton of other CV players again too, I only had 2 matches where I got to be solo so I had to try my skills out while being a bit overwhelmed at the number of planes. (And am I the only one who sometimes can't notice the difference between pink and red ships?)

Anyway, just wanted to share this because I know they are going away and I just really want to enjoy them while I can. When do you think the rework is coming out? Is it possible to get the Midway before then? I hope so, it'll be my last chance to play a t10 cv most likely, and I might my leave my Ryujo as my last IJN cv.

Edit: I also got my first reports ever! I got a -2 for one cv game I was particularly proud of. Its like a badge of honor.

Edited by Tanuvein

[PQUOD]
Members
402 posts
6,791 battles
21 minutes ago, Tanuvein said:

Because of the credit discount on USN ships I was able to solve a dilemma and actually afford to upgrade to both the New Orleans and the Ranger today, so I decided to grind out the 40k experience I needed to finish the Independence-to-Ranger upgrade and ended up playing around 20 (or more?) games in it. I had been practicing for maybe 15-20 games in co op to learn how to do the manual attacks for aircraft with stints into Random to test out my understanding, and today was the first time in t6 I just sat with the a CV vs humans for quite a few hours and it was the most fun I've had in this game so far. I couldn't stop playing, the grind itself became incidental, and I feel like the carrier just clicked with me finally. I was able to get 80k+ damage 5 games in a row and right around 2k base xp, which is way better than any other ship for me in t6 (I've only gotten that far with like 4 or 5 ships, though I have the USS NC as my highest). More importantly, it just felt amazing dancing with my opponent while sending out strike attacks and slowly moving my carrier up to higher positions. Even helped with a cap today. I really got to understand the importance of spotting, though I had several annoying earlier games where everyone wanted to fire at bbs instead of dds for some reason, though maybe they were turkeys? I've had a lot today.

I was surprised to see a ton of other CV players again too, I only had 2 matches where I got to be solo so I had to try my skills out while being a bit overwhelmed at the number of planes. (And am I the only one who sometimes can't notice the difference between pink and red ships?)

Anyway, just wanted to share this because I know they are going away and I just really want to enjoy them while I can. When do you think the rework is coming out? Is it possible to get the Midway before then? I hope so, it'll be my last chance to play a t10 cv most likely, and I might my leave my Ryujo as my last IJN cv

I think CV rework is next year

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,568 posts
10,014 battles

The Independence is another that is going away.  It was my first '15 point' seal-clubber back in the day of the 5 tiered captain skill

I used the Texas with all the flags at the time to accelerate Captain XP to a goal of 15K a night over 5-8 battles...  Finally got there and retrained/reassigned to the Independence.

Money was no object..  but money couldn't buy captain skill back then.  There was no 'Elite XP' and no FXP-CXP conversion back then.

It was all hard work, and the only thing helping was a premium ship with flags.

I was the default CV operator for our Tier 6 'Team Battles' -- which was replaced by clans.  That extra fighter and bomber really made a big difference.

Load-out was 1-1-1, 2-0-1, or 0-1-2.  Lots of fun back then.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,568 posts
10,014 battles

Oh....   And hold on to the 'A-Hull'.   It actually has 5" guns which I've taken out low-health DDs with...

Depends on your mission.  I always use the 'A-Hull' for Raptor Rescue due to the swarm of DDs that pop up.

Sign in to follow this