Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
the_stork

Frederick de Grosse buff?

7 comments in this topic

[WAX]
Beta Testers
15 posts
1,626 battles

Supposedly, we have a buff of the FDG but I really did not see any difference. What was the buff supposed to be?

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
344 posts
7,817 battles

Reload of the guns by a few seconds and I believe the 152mm secondary guns got a slight pen buff. 

[WAX]
Beta Testers
15 posts
1,626 battles
2 minutes ago, Condor_Legion said:

Reload of the guns by a few seconds and I believe the 152mm secondary guns got a slight pen buff. 

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I guess the buff is too little. I did not feel any difference. That ship is still a pain to grind through.

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles

I don't think that a buff to the main guns really addresses the problem that the FDG had, which was main gun accuracy.  The FDG's main guns felt even more inaccurate than the Bismarck and Tirpitz's mains, which personally I never felt were that bad.  But the FDG's main felt horrible to me in comparison.

[WAX]
Beta Testers
15 posts
1,626 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't think that a buff to the main guns really addresses the problem that the FDG had, which was main gun accuracy.  The FDG's main guns felt even more inaccurate than the Bismarck and Tirpitz's mains, which personally I never felt were that bad.  But the FDG's main felt horrible to me in comparison.

I agree with you. I checked its sigma and it is 1.8. I don't know how the shells fly so wildly. It feels like the sigma is 1.5 or something like that.

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
589 posts
2,713 battles

The DPM increase is supposed to offset the erratic shell patterns somewhat, without 'trading' what has defined the German battleships since they were added: lousy main battery accuracy in exchange for troll citadel protection and hilarious secondaries.

I haven't played it since the buff, but I think the DPM increase, while welcome, doesn't really address what makes the FdG so underwhelming in the first place: the meta quickly evolved past it.

--Helms

Sign in to follow this