You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lloyd_Harmon_2015

No more amazon pay?

38 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
5,096 posts
8,466 battles

Must've been well over a year ago, don't remember if it was a popular option. There'd need some serious demand before WG would consider bringing it back.

• Bad 2

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles
34 minutes ago, Reymu said:

Must've been well over a year ago, don't remember if it was a popular option. There'd need some serious demand before WG would consider bringing it back.

It just disappeared, I used it all the time.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,411 posts
4,023 battles
56 minutes ago, Reymu said:

wow thats a shame, one of 2 payment methods i could use since my bank doesnt like WG

[TEARZ]
[TEARZ]
Beta Testers
344 posts
7,817 battles

During the coupon anniversary reward week the Amazon Pay went down. Its more related to the 3rd party that handles the transactions, Paywall. 

Beta Testers
176 posts
6,029 battles
39 minutes ago, Hanger_18 said:

wow thats a shame, one of 2 payment methods i could use since my bank doesnt like WG

Same

[LEGIT]
Members
1,373 posts
21,852 battles

Too bad.  My credit card company doesn't like Russian Banks.  I just used it when the RN thing started to buy guineas, and was planning on getting a years Premium time at Christmas.  Plans change.  It's just not worth the hassle and time for me to try another payment method.

Edited by slokill_1

Members
668 posts
2,375 battles

Yeah they were talking about this in the Wot forums last week I would have hoped that they would've resolved the issue by now. Its the 11th hour today If they do it fix it by tomorrow idk if I will be able to get anything.

[DENY]
Members
249 posts
6,941 battles
6 hours ago, Reymu said:

No, I make all my Wargaming purchases with Amazon Pay and used it last week.

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles

Right now if I just look at something in the shop Amazon pay is no longer listed and Paypal errors out. I'm not about to go down to CVS and get a bunch of gift cards. :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,373 posts
21,852 battles

Yea, I just tried to buy some doubloons for the heck of it and no Amazon pay so no sale unfortunately.

[HAP-F]
Members
22 posts
3,007 battles

I had to get one of those prepaid debit cards that you put money into to get the four ships that I wanted yesterday. I prefer to go the Amazon route, but until Wargaming gets it fixed then I'll use that card.

[TF_34]
Members
1,141 posts
7,078 battles

Keeping this on the first page... all the "ZOMG Black Friday!" threads pushed it down. 

Can we get an official answer here?

• Cool 1

[TF_34]
Members
1,141 posts
7,078 battles
8 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

There's a thread in the support section:

Yep... and the company line is "working to resolve" since Monday. You'd think this would be top priority... going into the biggest sales weeks of the year and all. 

I used Amazon b/c I could pick what card I wanted to pay with. PayPal is ok, but that's linked to my wife's bank account and it's a pain to move money from my account to hers if I want to buy something. 

Beta Testers
534 posts
4,920 battles

Yeah!  No Black ships, no loot boxes, no temptation to spend hundreds of dollars to get one or two ships I want.

Maybe Wargaming Anonymous hacked the site.

[TBOW]
Members
1,328 posts
10,951 battles

With Amazon Pay not available, I would go through PayPal.   Everything I see on Paymentwall, says the company has internal issues.  Nothing on their Twitter or Facebook accounts sine June/July timeframe.

• Cool 1

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
861 posts
63 battles
8 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

With Amazon Pay not available, I would go through PayPal.   Everything I see on Paymentwall, says the company has internal issues.  Nothing on their Twitter or Facebook accounts sine June/July timeframe.

Paypal just errors out for me. 

• Cool 1

[GRRR]
Members
602 posts
21,977 battles

Yeah Paypal transactions seem to be limited by the card used to finance the transaction; if your card doesn't like Cypriot banks, no deal.