You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kestanen

refunds on CV

17 comments in this topic

[VX9]
Members
5 posts
4,348 battles

Has anyone heard if wargames is going to offer refunds on CVs?  I worked all the way to t10, and I now have no desire or interest in CVs,  not a fan of the new rework at all.  anyways does anyone know if they plan refunding any of the time and effort people took before and just want out??

thanks

Kest

• Funny 1

Members
2,577 posts
5,569 battles
25 minutes ago, Kestanen said:

Has anyone heard if wargames is going to offer refunds on CVs?  I worked all the way to t10, and I now have no desire or interest in CVs,  not a fan of the new rework at all.  anyways does anyone know if they plan refunding any of the time and effort people took before and just want out??

thanks

Kest

For Premium ships: Doubloons

Research ships: Credits

Now I ASSUME its what you paid not a 50% rate but rate was not discussed.   No info on modules, camos as to their disposition. Probably stored back to your arsenal

As for the 'Effort"...nothing discussed about that. 

Just in:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/public-test/carrier-underwood/

Edited by dionkraft

[-GS-]
Beta Testers
1,902 posts
19,307 battles
43 minutes ago, Kestanen said:

thanks

Kest

Stabbed in the back once again 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,390 battles
18 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Can't wait to get rid of Saipan.

why?:Smile_amazed:

Beta Testers
6,980 posts
4,043 battles

Yeah, I want my money back when they remove the Enterprise.

Screw this "We'll give you doubloons" nonsense. A real refund for the removal of the purchased item is what needs to be done.

• Cool 2

[SIDE]
Members
1,315 posts
9,323 battles
2 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

why?:Smile_amazed:

I don't play CV's. I bought it when starting the US CV line and didn't like the playstyle. I never once played Saipan; it's been a port queen.

[SIDE]
Members
1,315 posts
9,323 battles
2 hours ago, Sakuzhi said:

Yeah, I want my money back when they remove the Enterprise.

Screw this "We'll give you doubloons" nonsense. A real refund for the removal of the purchased item is what needs to be done.

WG has never given actual money refunds...ever. It sucks, but then again, doubloons is fine for me...if not for you.

[AAA]
Members
471 posts
5,920 battles

I wish I could keep Saipan and Enterprise. I don’t play cv but I don’t want doubloons. Port queens would be fine

Members
8 posts

Silly question I know, but how exactly will this work? Will it allow me to select whether I want all the cvs converted, or do I have to have the low tier ones in my port for it to convert all of them? Say for example I have only the Lexington in my port, will it convert the Lexington and its modules into credits and free xp and the rest below it into the free xp if I so desire? Or will I have to have all of them in my port for them to be converted into free xp?

[MESH]
Beta Testers
65 posts
5,034 battles
On 12/26/2018 at 9:10 PM, wstugamd said:

I wish I could keep Saipan and Enterprise. I don’t play cv but I don’t want doubloons. Port queens would be fine

Why wouldn’t you be able to keep them? As far as we know, it’s not going to be an automatic refund. You get to decide if you want to keep that or not. 

[TDG]
Members
1,410 posts
6,477 battles
On 12/26/2018 at 10:10 PM, wstugamd said:

5 hours ago, GeorgePatton_86 said:

Silly question I know, but how exactly will this work? Will it allow me to select whether I want all the cvs converted, or do I have to have the low tier ones in my port for it to convert all of them? Say for example I have only the Lexington in my port, will it convert the Lexington and its modules into credits and free xp and the rest below it into the free xp if I so desire? Or will I have to have all of them in my port for them to be converted into free xp?

4 hours ago, dgr_874 said:

Why wouldn’t you be able to keep them? As far as we know, it’s not going to be an automatic refund. You get to decide if you want to keep that or not. 

There is going to be a Category in Inventory for Carriers.  You will be able to recover Free XP, credits, and doubloons for the ships you wish to return for refund.

For the Tech Tree, you can get back Free XP and credits starting from the the highest Tier you have.  You can effectively un-Research the CV lines from the top down.  You get full credits for Tech Tree ships returned (as opposed to 1/2 credit for selling a ship.)  You get doubloons for returned Premiums (as opposed the 1/2 the value in credits if you sell it.)

You do not have to return the Premiums.

What I do not know is if the Tech Tree ships will effectively be new ships like after a split with the new Patch.  

• Cool 1

Members
8 posts
40 minutes ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

There is going to be a Category in Inventory for Carriers.  You will be able to recover Free XP, credits, and doubloons for the ships you wish to return for refund.

For the Tech Tree, you can get back Free XP and credits starting from the the highest Tier you have.  You can effectively un-Research the CV lines from the top down.  You get full credits for Tech Tree ships returned (as opposed to 1/2 credit for selling a ship.)  You get doubloons for returned Premiums (as opposed the 1/2 the value in credits if you sell it.)

You do not have to return the Premiums.

What I do not know is if the Tech Tree ships will effectively be new ships like after a split with the new Patch.  

Thanks a bunch man. Any idea when the rework might be coming? I'm honestly excited to ditch my cvs since I've lost interest in them.

Edited by GeorgePatton_86

[TDG]
Members
1,410 posts
6,477 battles
4 hours ago, GeorgePatton_86 said:

Thanks a bunch man. Any idea when the rework might be coming? I'm honestly excited to ditch my cvs since I've lost interest in them.

The rework is in the Patch 0.8.0 current in Public Test.  We expect this will hit the Live server on 23 Jan.