Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dmckay

Your worse "Turkey" ship you ever played!

16 comments in this topic

Members
4,676 posts
6,811 battles

I like Turkey ok but in the spirit of Thanksgiving what ship was the worse "Turkey" you ever played?  You sucked in it.  For me it was the Nassau.  I just could not do jack crap in her. 22 battles and a 27% win rate. Still got her but never play her.  I don't like BBs anyway.  Just too slow.....speed, gun reload, etc.  Most of em not fun for me cept JC and Scharn.  Maybe I should try her again. I dunno.  Did not give her much of a chance way down in tier 3. So what was your worst Turkey ship? Happy Thanksgiving! :Smile_honoring:

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles

I played really poorly in the Myogi, Kongo, and Fuso.

I was turkey and mashed taters rolled into one with those ships.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING YALL!

Edited by Octavian_of_Roma

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,621 posts
8,485 battles

There's a list, and sometimes, it's literally down to ship name. Because it can be a semi or even direct clone, and somehow I have differences of 5, 10, 20% in win rate. 

[DAKI]
[DAKI]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,815 posts
4,814 battles

Of the ones I own and have played:

Ishizuchi. Back in the early days when it's detection far exceeded it's firing range. Being focus fired whilst trying to get into range to do something was not fun.

Mikasa. Some people swear by the secondary build. Me? I just continuously got torpedoed by invisible DD's when trying to get into secondary range.

Texas. Slow and inflexible. Can't get to the fight before the team has already died. Can't run or kite away from the reds who are about to murder you. Can't get back to cap to reset to save its life.

Edinburgh: worse than her younger sister. Constantly uptiered (before the latest patch) to fight TX, and lacking the HE and fire option it desperately needed for those many times where the enemy displayed a skill called 'angling'. A relative downgrade from Fiji at tier 7.

All the RN T2 - T5 CLs. They're all crap.

Yorck: An abomination in the German cruiser line when I played her.

[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,385 battles

Lyon - that 16 gun broadside didn't do much to make her enjoyable for me.  Too squishy of a BB for T7.

Kitakaze - got a good feel on Akizuki and Haragumo, but with this essentially being a hybrid of the two, I tend to sway too far to either end of the spectrum when playing her.

[70]
Members
997 posts
4,076 battles

Over 50 games I have:

Hatsuharu: 34.48% in 58 games

Alsace: 39.66% in 58 games, probably will improve over time as I have the upgraded hull now, but the guns are still execrable.

Yorck: 45.88% in 85 games, those glacial turrets...

Gneisenau is at 40 games and 45% so probably also awful for me.

I also hate Edinburgh to date, though somehow I was over 70% in Fiji...

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

No controversy or hesitation:  Myogi <ptui>.

It took me 60-some games to get out of the POS.

[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,385 battles
9 minutes ago, Guardian54 said:

Yorck: 45.88% in 85 games, those glacial turrets...

I also hate Edinburgh to date, though somehow I was over 70% in Fiji...

Wait, didn't Yorck just get another turret buff?  I do remember in her post Open Beta configuration how those turrets were battleship slow.

As for Edinburgh, I didn't enjoy her either.  For me, she was a turd stuck between the gem that is Fiji and the solid Neptune.

[-TDF-]
Beta Testers
355 posts
3,394 battles

Monarch. No it's not me. The ship is just trash... Donskoi mostly me, I never really got along with Russian cruisers. Movska is a lot better now with her new bow though so I can play like a BB with better dpm.

[70]
Members
997 posts
4,076 battles
5 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Wait, didn't Yorck just get another turret buff?

What turret buff? You mean the ballistics patch? I played my last 2 or 3 games with the marginally improved ballistics. The turret traverse speeds still made it irredeemably bad though.

Edited by Guardian54

[-K-]
Members
5,454 posts
9,385 battles
12 hours ago, Guardian54 said:

What turret buff? You mean the ballistics patch? I played my last 2 or 3 games with the marginally improved ballistics. The turret traverse speeds still made it irredeemably bad though.

Yeah, you're right.  It was the buff to the shell velocity.....my bad.  She got a turret buff way back in the day, so if you think its still bad now, it was once MUCH worse.

[70]
Members
997 posts
4,076 battles
2 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

She got a turret buff way back in the day, so if you think its still bad now, it was once MUCH worse.

When anti-German bias is so terribad that even the Russian server is up in arms over it...

Sign in to follow this