You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RS3_1

One shot kills on cruisers in Twilight.

9 comments in this topic

Members
1 post
4,877 battles

I have just played my 3rd scenario of Twilight where I have been one shotted within the first 45 seconds after scenario starts. There seems little point in playing a cruiser in this scenario. I could see an occasional one shot kill as they DID happen. However, 3 one shot kills in a row when I have not even seen the opposing ships is a bit much. As it seems Twilight is the only thing playable at this time as unbalanced as it is. Looks like I will not be playing until Twilight goes away.

• Bad 1

[TNG]
Members
344 posts
10,109 battles
3 minutes ago, RS3_1 said:

I have just played my 3rd scenario of Twilight where I have been one shotted within the first 45 seconds after scenario starts. There seems little point in playing a cruiser in this scenario. I could see an occasional one shot kill as they DID happen. However, 3 one shot kills in a row when I have not even seen the opposing ships is a bit much. As it seems Twilight is the only thing playable at this time as unbalanced as it is. Looks like I will not be playing until Twilight goes away.

You need to angle away and stop traveling broadside in straight lines. The leviathan has an accuracy consumable. Stay out of range you have 17km vs their 14/15km. 

• Cool 2

[TSPC]
Members
2,356 posts
7,209 battles

I think in every one of the 7 I've played, I've been able to 1-shot at least one ship - sometimes more.

Plenty of CAs will go broadside or even worse, park broadside.

Use your minimap and do not go broadside to battleships. This is good habit in randoms as the same thing can happen - against players who can aim, it's suicide in this mode.

[O7]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
10,852 posts
7,901 battles

Even the BB is vulnerable to one shots if it angles poorly in that mode. You have to be extremely careful in that mode because of the accuracy consumable especially at the beginning when they all have it available and you might be the only one spotted. 

[FARQD]
Members
446 posts
6,693 battles

Because you have never played a Mogami and think this is only happening in that mode. Its a Mogami with an octopus skin and if you know how to play a Mogami with 155mm gun you will enjoy the ship. Kite always, twist and turn and keep firing those 155mms with IFHE. At least in this mode we have BBs to heal and self heal.

Members
136 posts

I got one shotted in one of my first games.  Leaned my lesson and don't show broadside.  Octopus is fun to play.  Too bad Mogami is tier VIII...which I will not play.

Edited by Captain_Rawhide

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
19 minutes ago, permanentnoob said:

Don't need accuracy consumable to 1-shot a broadside CA...

Stop being broadside and you'll stop being insta-deleted.

One doesn't need the accuracy consumable to one-shot broadside cruisers, but it helps.  A LOT!!!

Honestly, I don't know what went through the head of the dev that thought that an accuracy consumable would be a good idea. :cap_hmm: