Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

LIke the new T-Storm effect, Cossack torp reload is great, but improved shell visibility?

7 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,413 posts
11,376 battles

As the title says I like the new thunderstorm in the game. Had my 1st match in it and it was kind of fun/different. I would like to see more natural effects like this. Maybe snow storms or high winds that get the ships bouncing. 

Also, I really like the torp reload buff to Cossack. Was just way too long before with the ship only having 4 torps and just decent torp damage; but no reload booster. Now with the TAE Capt skill torp reload is just under 60 sec (59.4). Makes the ship a lot more fun to play and effective without it being too strong. This was a good buff and the tradeoff (reduced main gun rotation speed) was fair and not too much.

However,  I am disappointed in the reported visibility improvement for AP. I see no real difference in the AP visibility on the maps. I believe that was one of the improvements for 7.11. Still hard to see so often. The AP rounds are still just gray/white and they blend into the background way too much. I wish they had assigned them a color like they do with HE. Maybe a nice bright blue or green. Had to reinstall the Aslains mod that colors them so I can see them.

So the storms are a hit, a thumbs up to the Cossack buff, but a big miss on AP visibility improvements. 

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
20 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

As the title says I like the new thunderstorm in the game. Had my 1st match in it and it was kind of fun/different. I would like to see more natural effects like this. Maybe snow storms or high winds that get the ships bouncing. 

AdmThunder, I think that there's a snow version of the thunderstorm on one of the maps that gained this storm effect.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
731 posts
4,019 battles
24 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Also, I really like the torp reload buff to Cossack. Was just way too long before with the ship only having 4 torps and just decent torp damage; but no reload booster. Now with the TAE Capt skill torp reload is just under 60 sec (59.4). Makes the ship a lot more fun to play and effective without it being too strong. This was a good buff and the tradeoff (reduced main gun rotation speed) was fair and not too much.

However,  I am disappointed in the reported visibility improvement for AP. I see no real difference in the AP visibility on the maps. I believe that was one of the improvements for 7.11. Still hard to see so often. The AP rounds are still just gray/white and they blend into the background way too much. I wish they had assigned them a color like they do with HE. Maybe a nice bright blue or green. Had to reinstall the Aslains mod that colors them so I can see them.

So the storms are a hit, a thumbs up to the Cossack buff, but a big miss on AP visibility improvements. 

I would have to agree here.

Storms = +1

Cossack buff = +3 because, OMG, she is like a different ship now.

AP visibility = 0 because I didn't even notice.

It's nice for a squall or a storm front to actually look like one now.  My immersion was taking a hit when visibility was down to 8 km with a storm and the sun was still shining.

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
35 minutes ago, Captain_Slattery said:

I would have to agree here.

Storms = +1

Cossack buff = +3 because, OMG, she is like a different ship now.

AP visibility = 0 because I didn't even notice.

It's nice for a squall or a storm front to actually look like one now.  My immersion was taking a hit when visibility was down to 8 km with a storm and the sun was still shining.

Exactly.  Actually, when cyclones were first released, the on screen visibility was outstanding for immersion.  Ships on the edge of the technical detection range started to fade away into the fog and mist.  If this is what's happening again with this new storm front, it's great to see it return.  It really stinks that you can be in a cyclone and can't see ships that are more than 8 km away, but you can see the terrain off in the distance like it was a bright sunny day.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
731 posts
4,019 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

Exactly.  Actually, when cyclones were first released, the on screen visibility was outstanding for immersion.  Ships on the edge of the technical detection range started to fade away into the fog and mist.  If this is what's happening again with this new storm front, it's great to see it return.  It really stinks that you can be in a cyclone and can't see ships that are more than 8 km away, but you can see the terrain off in the distance like it was a bright sunny day.

I have only experienced one storm so far, but it was dark and nasty.  Very nice visuals.  Here's hoping it wasn't a fluke.

Members
1,500 posts
506 battles

to me its more like... BE consistant with AP vis... some ships it can be seen easily.. others... barely if at all....
Thats my taker on it... some ships it glows like the full moon... others.... new moon....

[IHW]
Members
27 posts
17,226 battles

Wait till you play in very thick fog, you can not see very much at all. Fun , but it will take some time to get used to it.

Sign in to follow this