You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

PATCH re-enabled doubloon for flags by default game STEALING doubloon again

43 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles

I thought we had dealt with this shameful theft of doubloons by changing the default settings, but I guess not.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,840 battles

The fix is easy. Remove the ability to buy signals and consumables with doubloons from the "port screen" and move that to the Arsenal. Default signal and consumable purchases to credits in port. This fixes the problem players are talking about here and it gives everyone the ability to stock up on goodies with doubloons when they are on sale buy purchasing thru Arsenal. 

Signal/consumable purchases with doubloons is the only time in the game where real money is spent WITHOUT players giving permission for that transaction. If I were a cynic, I would believe this was done intentionally to deprive players of their cold hard cash. If I were an optimist, I would see it as just poor programming from someone who didn't quite think it through and could care less about other people's money. I tend to believe the truth is somewhere in the middle of that as it usually is.

Wargaming has asked for our trust many times, maybe it is about time they earned it. 

• Cool 3

[TSPC]
Members
2,369 posts
7,237 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The fix is easy. Remove the ability to buy signals and consumables with doubloons from the "port screen" and move that to the Arsenal. Default signal and consumable purchases to credits in port. This fixes the problem players are talking about here and it gives everyone the ability to stock up on goodies with doubloons when they are on sale buy purchasing thru Arsenal. 

Signal/consumable purchases with doubloons is the only time in the game where real money is spent WITHOUT players giving permission for that transaction. If I were a cynic, I would believe this was done intentionally to deprive players of their cold hard cash. If I were an optimist, I would see it as just poor programming from someone who didn't quite think it through and could care less about other people's money. I tend to believe the truth is somewhere in the middle of that as it usually is.

Wargaming has asked for our trust many times, maybe it is about time they earned it. 

This makes too much sense.

After years of this you'd think they'd do something like this though..

Members
3,694 posts
6,387 battles

Even odder is that it happens to so few.  I just checked mine and it is correct as it has been for many, many patches now.  Anyone who had this happen use mods of any kind? 

[PVE]
Members
10,812 posts
7,948 battles
34 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I thought we had dealt with this shameful theft of doubloons by changing the default settings, but I guess not.

25 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

No. WG told us 'we're looking into it' and did it again.

@Gneisenau013

@Radar_X

Did this ever get resolved? Is there a WG answer here, or is this going to be swept under the rug again?

6 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Even odder is that it happens to so few.  I just checked mine and it is correct as it has been for many, many patches now.  Anyone who had this happen use mods of any kind? 

Same here. I do not run mods and mine were not changed.

49Vc8rn.jpg

Now, every time you click Enabled on Auto-resupply and there is a signal that can be bought for doubloons, the resupply box is checked. So if you Disable and Enable Auto-Resupply on signals, it will automatically check the box.

I had the Buffalo loaded with 4 signals and it was on Disable before the patch. I changed it to Enabled and the check box was auto-filled in.

2q4Sv0s.jpg

DPWRReZ.jpg

So any time you click Enabled, then unclick the check box.

• Cool 1

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,426 battles

Thanks for the warning. A bug that literally takes your cash without pre-notification is kind of severe I'd think...

Edited by Tanuvein

[SIMP]
Members
1,069 posts

Yep, had it happen to me.

Thank goodness I noticed just as I got to my last flag. 

Come on WG, this is some shady B S. As said above, simply move this 'purchasing' to the Arsenal. There is NO need for it in the flag section anymore.

Members
1,526 posts
506 battles

so when I log into every new patch and take 5 minutes to make sure everything is set the way I WANT IT... does that make it not worth the salt of commenting on why YOU DID NOT???

5WZhxFx.gif

Edited by neptunes_wrath

Members
1,526 posts
506 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

The fix is easy.

just go ahead and DOUBLE CHECK YOUR WORK BEFORE YOU HAND IT IN.....

I mean I am not being a DB but it amazes me how many people actually pay NO attention to game details or even the NEWS...
Just this morning we had over a DOZEN people asking if this turkey announcement thing at the start of each game was legit...
People.. how can you play a game and do ZERO research into it...??

Edited by neptunes_wrath
  • Cool 1
  • Bad 1

[TBW]
Members
6,599 posts
12,449 battles

I haven't checked yet but I have 251 ships, so I hope mine did not change. Thanks for the heads up.

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,206 posts
3,954 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Same here. I do not run mods and mine were not changed.

49Vc8rn.jpg

Now, every time you click Enabled on Auto-resupply and there is a signal that can be bought for doubloons, the resupply box is checked. So if you Disable and Enable Auto-Resupply on signals, it will automatically check the box.

I had the Buffalo loaded with 4 signals and it was on Disable before the patch. I changed it to Enabled and the check box was auto-filled in.

2q4Sv0s.jpg

DPWRReZ.jpg

So any time you click Enabled, then unclick the check box.

Note: Removing all signals manually, also disables the auto-resupply. So when you go to remount signals and re-enable the auto-resupply, it checks the box as well.

All signals being removed as a result of the auto-resupply, does not disable anything, thus settings remain unchanged

[WOLF6]
Members
1,963 posts
4,994 battles
52 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

so when I log into every new patch and take 5 minutes to make sure everything is set the way I WANT IT... does that make it not worth the salt of commenting on why YOU DID NOT???

5WZhxFx.gif

No. The default shouldn’t take people’s money. They should NEVER take money without verifying first. You can harp on “player responsibility “ all you care to, but the onus is on them to do this, everywhere it can occur.

I think it’s deliberate. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,851 posts
2,701 battles
2 hours ago, Cit_the_bed said:

I thought so too, but no. 

Fortunately, I've now gotten into the habit of un-checking the currency box.  And I track my signal balances, but I'm kinda OCD.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,851 posts
2,701 battles
2 minutes ago, ElectroVeeDub said:

I lost doubloons for some unexplained reason as well. This must be why.

Perhaps a refund is in order?

No, you got what you paid for, whether you knew it or not.

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Fortunately, I've now gotten into the habit of un-checking the currency box.  And I track my signal balances, but I'm kinda OCD.

You as well, I see.  And for those ships I rarely play, I have them on disable for flags/camo.

Members
727 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

No, you got what you paid for, whether you knew it or not.

I disagree. It's a valid consumer complaint if it is found that a patch reset auto-resupply payment method of flags from silver to doubloons. That's not the fault of the player. That's the fault of the client, and arguably Wargaming to a degree.

Netfilx, Nintendo Online, and various other services refund over "auto-payment complaints". I'm sure WG wouldn't be opposed. They refunded me cash on the WoWs Blitz mobile game simply because they changed minimum requirements for hardware specs after I bought the items.

Members
1,526 posts
506 battles
8 hours ago, Thornir said:

No. The default shouldn’t take people’s money. They should NEVER take money without verifying first. You can harp on “player responsibility “ all you care to, but the onus is on them to do this, everywhere it can occur.

I think it’s deliberate. 

that is why I deliberately CHECK to make sure they dont take my money anymore.. the first time it happened I lost 300 GOLD before I figured it out... now I check.... I agree with you but still, if you KNOW its a thing then take care of it first for yourself... especially if they do not...
But there still seems to be people who will do NOTHING but click battle and be 100% clueless about the game  and that should not be a thing... research helps for a lot of things, ESPECIALLY helps not being a potato in tier ten ships...

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,840 battles
10 minutes ago, neptunes_wrath said:

that is why I deliberately CHECK to make sure they dont take my money anymore.. the first time it happened I lost 300 GOLD before I figured it out... now I check.... I agree with you but still, if you KNOW its a thing then take care of it first for yourself... especially if they do not...
But there still seems to be people who will do NOTHING but click battle and be 100% clueless about the game  and that should not be a thing... research helps for a lot of things, ESPECIALLY helps not being a potato in tier ten ships...

So you check every single ship and every single signal flag to make sure the doubloon option is not checked? It is no wonder you only have 500 games, you spend all your time in port... 

Here is a thought, instead of changing player settings with every patch, let them alone. I have played hundreds of games where this never happened, why is it that Wargaming can not manage such a simple thing? Is it because they lack the skill or talent? Are they just lazy and it is too much trouble? Are they doing it because they know they will bleed a few pennies from each player? Why is it they CONTINUE to do it after so many player complaints over the years? 

Personally I just think they are inept. They need to git gud. 

Members
1,526 posts
506 battles
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

So you check every single ship and every single signal flag to make sure the doubloon option is not checked? It is no wonder you only have 500 games, you spend all your time in port... 

Here is a thought, instead of changing player settings with every patch, let them alone. I have played hundreds of games where this never happened, why is it that Wargaming can not manage such a simple thing? Is it because they lack the skill or talent? Are they just lazy and it is too much trouble? Are they doing it because they know they will bleed a few pennies from each player? Why is it they CONTINUE to do it after so many player complaints over the years? 

Personally I just think they are inept. They need to git gud. 

I have over 8K games played actually, and it takes all of 4 seconds to check after a patch before launching each ship if it was changed...
Strange thing is it has not changed from MY SETTING the last two patches  but I still check to make sure... 4 seconds is nothing... at least for me.. but then again I hardly ever complain about things people are too lazy to do for themselves..

Edited by neptunes_wrath