You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

Nerfed Yue Yang with legendary mod is worse than unnerfed Yue Yang

92 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles

So WG knocked the guns rate of fire by 33%. They knocked the torps rate of fire by 15%. 

The pan Asian destroyers were released pretty much a year ago. The legendary module was released about 4 months ago. 

The legendary mod increases your gun and torp rate of fire by 10% while nerfing your smoke screen or radar duration. 

So that means that a yy with legendary mod right now is worse than yy was before it got nerfed. Pretty legendary, eh? Very few people would say that yy was op and needed to be nerfed into the ground like it was, perhaps tweaked a bit. Maybe tenths of a second in gun dpm than a full second. However, WG obviously was going off of quite a few months of data when they created the legendary mod and they mad the legendary mod better in regards to torp and gun dpm and then nerfed it into oblivion several months later. 

This does not make sense at all. Are they that incompetent that they didn't know what they were doing when they made the legendary mod? I doubt it. This is just ludicrous and I've never seen a nerf to a ship receive so much negativity across pretty much the entire community. It's downright garbage and comparing current legendary mod yy to unnerfed yy just proves that WG has no clue what they are doing in regards to this ship. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[TSPC]
Members
2,358 posts
7,216 battles

Just be thankful. It's Thanksgiving in the USA after all..

something something.

Yeah, it's a lame nerf. Particularly when gunboat DDs all got a buff in the same patch.

• Boring 1

[H_]
Members
275 posts
7,679 battles

What really sucks is this is the second time a ship got Nerfed just before I'm ready to get it !  DANG IT WG ! QUIT DOING THAT!

First it was the Alsace ! and now the YY..  I was really looking forward to playing it..  Now I'm not so excited.. I'll still get it in hopes they "undo" some of what they did..

I agree, they could have tweaked it a little and not got out the nerf bat and hit it into left field..

[TSPC]
Members
2,358 posts
7,216 battles
3 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

What really sucks is this is the second time a ship got Nerfed just before I'm ready to get it !  DANG IT WG ! QUIT DOING THAT!

First it was the Alsace ! and now the YY..  I was really looking forward to playing it..  Now I'm not so excited.. I'll still get it in hopes they "undo" some of what they did..

I agree, they could have tweaked it a little and not got out the nerf bat and hit it into left field..

I nearly bought the Alsace perma camo.

I think I have the YY one...

I guess I'm done buying perma camos.

[H_]
Members
275 posts
7,679 battles
2 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I nearly bought the Alsace perma camo

I did, and have no plans to move up to the Repub..  Let's face it, I'm 'average', so having the Perma camo that makes high tier play a little less costly is beneficial to me and I had the dub's available then.. I actually don't play it that often anymore.. sigh..

I love the Chung MU,  so we shall see how the YY goes once I get it.

[TSPC]
Members
2,358 posts
7,216 battles
Just now, S16_Hunter said:

I love the Chung MU,  so we shall see how the YY goes once I get it.

Prepare for disappointment... the Chung Mu was already pretty good compared to the YY and that's before the great nerf.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,786 posts
7,940 battles

These are the new and old times for the Yueyang

Without UU and the old times

3 second main gun reload, with BFT it is 2.7s, use slot 6 MBM3 and reload is 2.4s with traverse going to 8.3s from 7.2s
136 second torp reload, with TAE skill 122.4s. With slot 6 TTM3 that drops to 104s

Without UU and the NEW times

4 second main gun reload, with BFT it is 3.6s, use slot 6 MBM3 and reload is 3.2s with traverse going to 8.3s from 7.2s
156 second torp reload, with TAE skill 140.4s. With slot 6 TTM3 that drops to 119.3s

With UU and the old times

2.7 second main gun reload, with BFT it is 2.4s, use slot 6 MBM3 and reload is 2.1s with traverse going to 8.3s from 7.2s
122.4 second torp reload, with TAE skill 110.2s. With slot 6 TTM3 that drops to 93.6s

With UU and the NEW times

3.6 second main gun reload, with BFT it is 3.2s, use slot 6 MBM3 and reload is 2.9s with traverse going to 8.3s from 7.2s
140.4 second torp reload, with TAE skill 126.4s. With slot 6 TTM3 that drops to 107.4s

So without the UU and if you use the TAE skill and slot 6 TTM3, then your torp reload only goes up by 15.3 sec.

So with the UU and if you use the TAE skill and slot 6 TTM3, then your torp reload only goes up by 13.8 sec.

So without the UU and if you use the BFT skill and slot 6 MBM3, then your gun reload only goes up by 0.8 sec.

So with the UU and if you use the BFT skill and slot 6 MBM3, then your gun reload only goes up by 0.8 sec.

Beta Testers
1,219 posts
6,496 battles

Yueyang's new DPM is 162,000. Chung Mu's is 161,400.

The ship literally lost 54k DPM. Chung Mu's torps also reload FIFTY SECONDS faster than Yueyang, and Yueyang does not have the option to mount Chung Mu's torps like Gearing can mount Fletcher's.

I'd take 10.5km 106s reload vs 13.5km 156s reload any day.

Yueyang got seriously brutalized, this is a ridiculous nerf.

• Cool 4

Members
3,478 posts
8,660 battles

It's hard, if not impossible, to make any sense of it all, isn't it? 

As it is now, YY has a badly conceived Leg. mod plus now a badly conceived nerf putting the whole prospect of playing a balanced YY into a very deep hole. Hairbrained it what it is.

Perhaps they could finally make YY Leg. mod a rational option, which it as of yet it has never been, and accomplish their nerf on the smoke and radar (which is what I suspect this is all really about) if they favorably adjust the Leg. mod's detection and reload numbers to logically fit the now nerfed version of the boat itself. 

Another possible option is give YY optional Chung Mu torps the way Gearing has the Fletcher torps option.

Edited by MrKillmister

Beta Testers
1,219 posts
6,496 battles
2 minutes ago, MrKillmister said:

As it is now, YY has a badly conceived Leg. mod plus a badly conceived nerf putting the whole prospect of playing a balanced YY into a very deep hole. Hairbrained it what it is.

Perhaps they could finally make YY Leg. mod a rational option, which it as of yet it has never been, and accomplish their nerf on the smoke and radar (which is what I suspect this is all really about) if they favorably adjust the Leg. mod's detection and reload numbers to logically fit the now nerfed version of the boat itself. 

Pretty much. The legendary mod was always a half-baked implementation; why would I sacrifice not only active time of my consumables, but also concealment from slotting it in the same slot as the concealment module?

It makes me laugh so hard to imagine what a gimpmobile the ship is if someone actually decided to slot that module now. Still worse reload than Gearing on both torps and guns, worse concealment, and nerfed consumables from your module.

Just revert the nerf, and nerf the radar and smoke.

[SIDE]
Members
750 posts
3,465 battles

The Chung Mu is just flat out better than the Yue Yang. it's actually really sad now. lol. 

I guess War Gaming's way to "Fix" the overuse of tier 10 ships is by literally killing them and making tier 9 counter parts better in nearly every way.

Edited by Merlox

Members
3,478 posts
8,660 battles
10 minutes ago, SeraphicRadiance said:

Pretty much. The legendary mod was always a half-baked implementation; why would I sacrifice not only active time of my consumables, but also concealment from slotting it in the same slot as the concealment module?

It makes me laugh so hard to imagine what a gimpmobile the ship is if someone actually decided to slot that module now. Still worse reload than Gearing on both torps and guns, worse concealment, and nerfed consumables from your module.

Just revert the nerf, and nerf the radar and smoke.

Seems to me there were two sensible options to correction YY. 

Option 1. Create two hull options with a A hull being an offensive package and a B hull for defensive, suitable for competitive mode.

Option 2. Nerf the radar range down to the ships own concealment range and extend the duration 5 seconds. 

Only after that's sorted out then they should have rethought YY's Leg mod, which was never useful. 

What I'd like to know is how it's possible for WG developers to have managed to so thoroughly botch the Leg. mod and then the nerf of the boat itself?

Edited by MrKillmister

[ADAPT]
Members
834 posts
13,576 battles

Keep whine, more nerf coming. Some just cant shut the hell up and just play. Nobody say yueyang OP. Suddenly bam...nerfed...zzz

• Bad 1

Beta Testers
1,219 posts
6,496 battles
20 minutes ago, Merlox said:

The Chung Mu is just flat out better than the Yue Yang. it's actually really sad now. lol. 

I guess War Gaming's way to "Fix" the overuse of tier 10 ships is by literally killing them and making tier 9 counter parts better in nearly every way.

Like, it isn't even subjectively better. The Chung Mu is completely better in every possible aspect of how a destroyer should play. Yueyang's entire existence is to radar things in clan wars now.

[NOBS]
Members
642 posts
6,664 battles

So far it feels like every other DD is better then the yy now. Such a shame

• Bad 1

[ARRGG]
Members
4,751 posts
7,683 battles
2 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

So WG knocked the guns rate of fire by 33%. They knocked the torps rate of fire by 15%. 

The pan Asian destroyers were released pretty much a year ago. The legendary module was released about 4 months ago. 

The legendary mod increases your gun and torp rate of fire by 10% while nerfing your smoke screen or radar duration. 

So that means that a yy with legendary mod right now is worse than yy was before it got nerfed. Pretty legendary, eh? Very few people would say that yy was op and needed to be nerfed into the ground like it was, perhaps tweaked a bit. Maybe tenths of a second in gun dpm than a full second. However, WG obviously was going off of quite a few months of data when they created the legendary mod and they mad the legendary mod better in regards to torp and gun dpm and then nerfed it into oblivion several months later. 

This does not make sense at all. Are they that incompetent that they didn't know what they were doing when they made the legendary mod? I doubt it. This is just [edited] and I've never seen a nerf to a ship receive so much negativity across pretty much the entire community. It's downright [edited] and comparing current legendary mod yy to unnerfed yy just proves that WG has no clue what they are doing in regards to this ship. 

I have no idea what the data on YY shows it’s certainly not OP for me, if Wows calls this balancing than they need to give there head a shake because the ones that play Yeuyang are not happy campers  because of this which translates to spending less for this Wallet Warrior.. and for God sakes Wows stop!! Sending me promo stuff... I’m in no mood to spend money 

[TNG]
Members
300 posts
15,677 battles

And most importantly your concealment- 

they made the tier 9 Chung Mu a better ship.

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,416 posts
5,169 battles

Yueyang is hot trash in randoms now. Chung Mu has the same gun power and significantly better torpedo power a tier lower. Literally the only thing Yueyang is good for is acting as a radar consumable in Clan Wars.

Edited by AdmiralPiett

[OO7]
Members
3,295 posts
9,731 battles
1 minute ago, AdmiralPiett said:

Yueyang is hot trash in randoms now. Chung Mu has the same gun power and significantly better torpedo power a tier lower. Literally the only thing Yueyang is good for is acting as a radar consumable in Clan Wars.

And if we could bring whatever we wanted, cm would have it covered as well. 

[TNG]
Members
300 posts
15,677 battles

The Legendary Mod goes in the concealment spot so if you try to use the LM to get the old YY you will have a detection range of 6.4 6.5??? It’s the dumbest nerf ever. 

[MAHAN]
Beta Testers
1,416 posts
5,169 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

And if we could bring whatever we wanted, cm would have it covered as well. 

Yeah... The logic behind the changes were just bizarre, and the way they were rammed through with little testing rubs me the wrong way. It also makes me wonder if Wargaming will put both barrels in Chung Mu soon too, because they can't be dumb enough not to see how it is just better than Yueyang in randoms.

[PT8TO]
[PT8TO]
Members
261 posts
13,007 battles

Yet another Asianic DD nerfed to the ground. Shimakaze sends her regards.

Meanwhile, Gnevny comes with 18.6 sec turret traverse, stock. When that ship class is transferred to China, the turrets suddenly rusted over with 30 sec traverse. I guess anything that isn't flying the russian flag gets left in the dust.

[DAKI]
Beta Testers
2,411 posts
4,025 battles
3 hours ago, MrKillmister said:

As it is now, YY has a badly conceived Leg. mod plus now a badly conceived nerf putting the whole prospect of playing a balanced YY into a very deep hole. Hairbrained it what it is.

Another possible option is give YY optional Chung Mu torps the way Gearing has the Fletcher torps option.

someone on this forum once told me of the [edited] paradox. where the amount of [edited] is exponential to the amount of effort to fight it.

im to the point where im out of logical arguments

the change was one of the dumbest things WG have done as far as balance in a long time

• Cool 1

[IN3PT]
Members
224 posts
11,752 battles

The only reason this Nerf makes any sense is due to how strong it is in Clan Battles. But the reason it was so strong is due to the radar. Not the guns or torps. 

So they went after the wrong aspect of the ship. 

Really dumb on wg for going at it this way. 

Like many have said before, Nerf the radar down to 6.5km or 7km and add a few seconds to the duration of it. Just so it has some distance over the Z-52 hydro, yet still leaves it far shorter than the hydro in duration.

Meanwhile the Harugumo is left in it's retarded state it is in. That ship can literally beat almost any DD by simply holding down the left mouse button. And can hold it's own against cruisers... Yet it isn't nerfed?

[-BMV-]
Members
238 posts
14,033 battles
31 minutes ago, ENxRagexD said:

The only reason this Nerf makes any sense is due to how strong it is in Clan Battles.

I said it in Another thread and ill say it here again, and im going to be cynical about it. The only reason i can justify this nerf to Yueyang is simply because WG will release the pre-nerf as an steel or coal ship in the future. I can't see any other reason for it other than this. Clan Battles performance is not an excuse, hell if any, Yueyang was a very good incentive for smaller clans to try CBs. At least, if they had her, they stood a chance and could perform decently.

Edited by Sidelock