You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

PSA: Get Cossack. Do what you have to...

32 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,490 posts
4,929 battles

Ok...  here’s the deal.  Cossack just went from being a massive turd to being possibly one of the best DDs at tier 8.  5.5 km concealment with 59 second reload on her torp launcher.   She. Is. Gud.

Also...  post AP nerf...  lulz.  I’ll be playing DDs even more aggressive.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out and shifts game meta.

Edited by NoZoupForYou
  • Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
731 posts
4,019 battles

I like Cossack before the buffs.  She did need them though.  I couldn't keep her guns on the target in a turn.  Not good for a gunboat dd.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles

4 Guineas to go!!! This is going to be a fun 4-Day weekend. I'm looking forward to picking up this little ship as soon as I can!

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles

If you are not sure how many Guineas you can earn over the next three weeks, see this post. You can also get RN DD crates, 10k Cmdr XP for the Cmdr that finishes the mission, 5k XP boost for the ship that finishes the mission, 2.5k FXP and more.

The 10 Guineas for $0.99 special was in the shop before and I believe after the patch IF you have not got it already. You can only get this special once. Leftover Guineas will be converted to credits, 1:100k when patch 8.0 drops Jan 9th/16th-ish.

Edited by Kizarvexis
clarified XP boosts
  • Cool 2

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,490 posts
4,929 battles
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Wait, were the firing angles improved? In yhe changes only the torp reload and turret traverse were mentioned.

Edited OP.  Might have misread the notes passed onto us but I’ll confirm with weegee

[HYDRO]
Members
1,823 posts
3,940 battles
3 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Edited OP.  Might have misread the notes passed onto us but I’ll confirm with weegee

Thanks alot. You may have thought this was  the case since the improved traverse should make the gunnery more comfortable. :Smile_honoring:

[SIDE]
Members
750 posts
3,465 battles
24 minutes ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Ok...  here’s the deal.  Cossack just went from being a massive turd to being possibly one of the best DDs at tier 8.  5.5 km concealment with 59 second reload on her torp launcher.   She. Is. Gud.

Also...  post AP nerf...  lulz.  I’ll be playing DDs even more aggressive.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out and shifts game meta.

I have both! but here's the question for you. Do you prefer Cossack or Lightning? While Cossack has a ton of alpha damage, I feel that the Lightning is a bit more universal and can fill the same role. What's your thoughts? 

[HINON]
Members
2,586 posts
19,107 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

If you are not sure how many Guineas you can earn over the next three weeks, see this post. You can also get RN DD crates, Cmdr XP, 5k XP boost, 2.5k FXP and more.

The 10 Guineas for $0.99 special was in the shop before and I believe after the patch IF you have not got it already. You can only get this special once. Leftover Guineas will be converted to credits, 1:100k when patch 8.0 drops Jan 9th/16th-ish.

Thanks for posting that!

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
731 posts
4,019 battles

I played her a metric crapton before the buffs.

I took her out this morning and my oh my.  Very nice.  Her guns now stick in hard turns.  She is going to be one heck of a knife fighter now.

I, for one, appreciate the improvement.

Good job, WG.

[CHA0S]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
127 posts
3,995 battles

i should have the Cossack the start of next week need 3 more guineas but i'm starting to feel burnt out from playing so much so i might take a break until the christmas missions and stuff.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,311 posts
25,963 battles
5 hours ago, SirMuttonChops said:

5 Guineas to go.

Next Wednesday I'll have it. And the new season of Vikings as well.

It will be good to see Rollo again.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,180 battles
7 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

I was thinking the same thing holy crap what a difference. I even respec'd out of EM for JOAT to get my smoke up faster. The turrets aren't US DD fast but they feel close.

Members
3,999 posts
14,802 battles

I encountered a Cossack earlier today while driving Z-39 and discovered that Cossack's 8 guns and fast turret rotation with 5 second reload aint no joke. Driving a DD, you don't want to get into a gunfight with one. I came out second place in that fight.

I don't know how many more Guineas I need to get Cossack, but I think I'm going to buy what I need and grab this bote.

[WOLF5]
2,311 posts
25,963 battles

There's a one-time offer for 10 guineas for $1 in the store.  have to be logged in to see it.

[WOLF5]
2,311 posts
25,963 battles
10 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

I encountered a Cossack earlier today while driving Z-39 and discovered that Cossack's 8 guns and fast turret rotation with 5 second reload aint no joke. Driving a DD, you don't want to get into a gunfight with one. I came out second place in that fight.

I don't know how many more Guineas I need to get Cossack, but I think I'm going to buy what I need and grab this bote.

There's a one-time offer for 10 guineas for $1 in the store.  have to be logged in to see it.