You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

PSA Nov 22nd to Nov 26th in-game sales

27 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles

There are some sales going on. NOTE, the 1:35 conversion is for Elite Cmdr XP (ECXP) to FXP, NOT Elite Ship XP (ESXP).

JHiVSco.jpg

@AdmiralThunder found an opt-in mission for a Poland 100th Anniversary patch.

UK flag Mission starting on Black Friday

fzWF9Mo.jpg

Daily Chain rewards for completing both Chains each day until the end of the month.

BZnvKZN.jpg

LKBybBr.jpg

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/deals/november-missions-2018/

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles

Modernizations are the ship upgrades in Slots 1 through 6. Doesn't count for the special upgrades in the Arsenal. 

[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles
7 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

NOTE, the 1:35 conversion is for Elite Cmdr XP (ECXP) to FXP, NOT Elite Ship XP (ESXP).

I would advise a larger font and all bold for this, otherwise salt will ensue. :Smile_teethhappy:

Hopefully this means any 1:35 ship XP conversion sale is deferred much closer to the withdrawal of Musashi/Kronshtadt. The more FXP I can earn before having to cough up for conversion, the better.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I would advise a larger font and all bold for this, otherwise salt will ensue. :Smile_teethhappy:

Hopefully this means any 1:35 ship XP conversion sale is deferred much closer to the withdrawal of Musashi/Kronshtadt. The more FXP I can earn before having to cough up for conversion, the better.

Last year, the 1:35 ESXP conversion was just after Christmas. Not sure when this year, but it would be good for at least one before Musashi/Kronshtadt leave with patch 8.0 on Jan 9th/16th-ish Dec 12th/19th-ish.

Edit Sorry about that, patch 8.0 is in Jan.

Edited by Kizarvexis
Sorry about that, patch 8.0 is in Jan.

Members
159 posts
2,018 battles

Guess I should grind through my benson to snag fletcher at a little discount. 

The real question is do I need Alabama when I already have mighty mo for USN high tier bb training and credit grinding.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
1 minute ago, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

Guess I should grind through my benson to snag fletcher at a little discount. 

The real question is do I need Alabama when I already have mighty mo for USN high tier bb training and credit grinding.

Bama is an extra first win bonus for ECXP and x2 or more bonus days. Plays slightly different than NC.

Members
159 posts
2,018 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Bama is an extra first win bonus for ECXP and x2 or more bonus days. Plays slightly different than NC.

While true, I generally don’t play more than 5-6 games a day, often more like 3 if I play at all. And I usually play different botes for variety. So doubling up on commander training for the price of... what... another 50 bucks of doubloons? Seems a bit dicey. If it was Massachusetts I might consider as it’s a bit more of a fun looking gimmick than just a simple and strong ship like Alabama.

guess i just won’t buy it

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
2 minutes ago, Gramzon_the_Dragon said:

While true, I generally don’t play more than 5-6 games a day, often more like 3 if I play at all. And I usually play different botes for variety. So doubling up on commander training for the price of... what... another 50 bucks of doubloons? Seems a bit dicey. If it was Massachusetts I might consider as it’s a bit more of a fun looking gimmick than just a simple and strong ship like Alabama.

guess i just won’t buy it

True. I'm a collector, so I want to eventually get them all. :Smile_playing: Just have to budget the more important ones to me first. :Smile_teethhappy: I got 'Bama in the spring.

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,406 battles

This is fantastic, going to research and buy my New Orleans finally and I just got 3k gold from Arena cancelling, so I'll buy a wee bit more for that tragic Indianapolis.

Edited by Tanuvein

[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles

I am very tempted to buy back Nicholas and Omaha. I never gave the Nicholas her due, too much in a hurry to get to Farragut, while I have had some very good games in Omaha (most admittedly as top tier) and do not consider her a hopeless case.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
5 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

if i remember correctly all ships are on credit sale, not just USN

JHiVSco.jpg

You can get up to a -15% discount from Clan buildings.

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles

Excellent, now I can repurchase the Omaha on the cheap and start grinding XP for the Dallas.  Then resale her once the event is over, heh.

Members
1,200 posts
7,298 battles

decided to get the gearing among other ships since it was on sale,  have 10 point Alex Ov ready for it, and BB AP was changed.   Would of never bothered had BB Ap not been "fixed" since it would be deleted/crippled so easily.(something i did a lot of in my BBs)

bought the chappy, kron, and tier 8 alt RU DD since the upgrades were half off.  was going to wait for a sale for the 2 tech tree ships but the amount that i would of saved would of been less than the cost for all of those upgrades. 

i am still debating about getting the Mu.    i have been kinda negative towards it mainly because i have a yammy with perma camo, which limits its utility to me.(among other worse parts)   With that said, it is going away and outside of super crates, will never coming back.  JB will be there for some time, and the ship coupon will refresh in about a month.   fitting the ship out will be cheap, so its kinda now or hope there is a sale later during christmas. 

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,382 posts
19,417 battles

Bought another 10 port slots for the upcoming collectors club. Now I can get the 250 ships patch.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,846 posts
15,336 battles
5 hours ago, Kizarvexis said:

There's a Polish Flag mission in that link that one has to click "Participate" in because of the a**holes in this game that couldn't handle free content.

• Funny 1

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,705 posts
3,725 battles

Is Indianapolis worth the 30% discounted doubloon cost? Or is she as bad as people say that no amount of discount is worth it?

[ARGSY]
5,382 posts
19,417 battles
7 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Is Indianapolis worth the 30% discounted doubloon cost? Or is she as bad as people say that no amount of discount is worth it?

Situational strong ship. Uptiers very bad. Like the current NO with radar. If you could play the old Pensacola, you will like the Indianapolis. Still, more of a port queen then a premium I take out regular. There is no new review and opinions are very different about this ship.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
16,846 posts
15,336 battles
14 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

She's very mediocre, but I'll be fair with a TLDR take on her.

- Poor concealment, even difficult to make leverage of her Radar range that got buffed.  Even NOLA is stealthier now.

- Squishy like NOLA, Pensacola.  Indianapolis is one of those Cruisers that just instantly dies.

- Old Tier VII Pensacola had more "agility" to at least be harder to hit.  Not Indianapolis.  Old Pensacola and current New Orleans are more agile Cruisers than her.

- VI Pensacola has 1 gun more than Indianapolis and NOLA.

+ Good AA for personal defense.  High DPS but mediocre range.

+ The USN 203mm guns as found on the older CAs (Pensacola, NOLA, Indianapolis) are easier to use at range than the newer ones with heavier SHS shell access (Baltimore, Buffalo, Des Moines).  The latter group's AP have high penetration but floatier shells.

+ AP shells have the special USN CA AP Bounce Angles.

+ You still have Radar if you are ever in position to use it.  It won't be all the time but it's there if you are fortunate enough to be able to use it.

The ship is bred to kill Cruisers, which is fine until one realizes that this is a Battleship-heavy game.  She doesn't have the agility nor concealment to save her squishy nature.  Old VII Pensacola at least had nice Cruiser agility to make up for the fact that she can instantly die also, but Indianapolis doesn't even have that.

This is a traditionally poor performing CA.  Has always been since she came out years ago.  Last time Tier VII Ranked happened, which was a long time ago, Indianapolis did poorly.  Only POS Tier VII Ranger was worse than her, and that says a lot.

DAzDYie.jpg

Indianapolis hasn't been changed.  She's just awful before that old VII Ranked, she's awful now.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
1,130 posts
8,400 battles
11 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

The troubles with her, is her reload time and tendency to take any shells from any angle.

I wouldnt recommend her, except to a collector to buy unless like 50%-75%% off.

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
2,705 posts
3,725 battles

Thanks for all your replies. It sounds like she really is a tough sell, even with discounts.

Sooo... should I wait for Wichita instead then?

[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles
25 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Or is she as bad as people say that no amount of discount is worth it?

I won her in the Indianapolis Marathon earlier this year. She ticked all the boxes for moving captains up the line between US heavy cruisers because at the time I had no 19 point captains. Two things then happened - I ground the hell out of/created my first 19 pointer just after winning the Indy, and I decided not to go any higher than Baltimore. So most of her usefulness went out the window as far as I was concerned. Your circumstances may be different.

She's good for mining first-win bonuses still, but in my current position I'm glad I won her as opposed to putting down money.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[ARGSY]
5,382 posts
19,417 battles
10 minutes ago, Blorgh2017 said:

Thanks for all your replies. It sounds like she really is a tough sell, even with discounts.

Sooo... should I wait for Wichita instead then?

If you are a passionate cruiser player: probably.

I got my Indianapolis from a $3 Christmas container and yes, she is worth it. She was also given away this year in a marathon.

More a collectors ship then a player one.

[DUDE_]
Members
3,072 posts
13,108 battles
46 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's a Polish Flag mission in that link that one has to click "Participate" 

Man, I though you started off with a Polish joke....

[ARGSY]
5,382 posts
19,417 battles
50 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

There's a Polish Flag mission in that link that one has to click "Participate" in because of the a**holes in this game that couldn't handle free content.

Yup, many players are pissed about this. I would rather wanna have a pop up in port, that ask me if I DON'T want to participate.