You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralThunder

PSA: Warspite now included in specific ships to complete RN Directives

15 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,453 posts
11,451 battles

Task 1: 

• Navy Veteran: Warspite = Get a "Destroyed", "Defended", "Hits to Citadel", or "Incapacitation" ribbon (Must be completed in a Random, Co-op, or Scenario battle w/ Warspite) / 1 RN Crate awarded

Task 2:

• Navy Veteran: Warspite = Destroy 1 ship (Must be completed in a Random, Co-op, or Scenario battle w/ Warspite) / 1 RN Crate awarded

Task 3:

• Navy Veteran Warspite = Cause 50,000 HP of damage to ships (Must be completed in a Random, Co-op, or Scenario battle w/ Warspite) / 1 RN Crate awarded

Task 4:

• Navy Veteran: Warspite = Earn 7,000 Commander XP Must be completed in a Random, Co-op, or Scenario battle w/ Warspite) / 1 RN Crate awarded(
  • Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles

This is not a terrible thing, especially after WG offered her for free in the first phase of the RN event. I don't know of too many people who chose Gallant instead, unless they were hardcore DD mains. Others may have decided to splurge their sovereigns on Bert Dunkirk and/or arsenal crates for DD unlock chances. I repurchased her for the gold value.

It offers an easy bypass on the heavy credit/XP/Captain XP grinds, allowing you to complete them at a more leisurely pace. Frankly, with two directives coming out on the same day I am glad of this.

• Cool 1

[FYL]
Members
253 posts
1,476 battles

I love my Warspite, so I'm very pleased by this. I haven't been able to do any of the special ship missions so far.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
52 posts
4,040 battles

Yay, a RN Directive ship mission I can finally complete!  I’m now glad I picked up the Warspite with sovereigns.  

Edited by Purple_Dawn

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles

@Ensign_Cthulhu said that the special ship for the RN Missions in the PTS for this patch changed up, so the next Stage on Wed, Nov 28th *might* be different.

Edited by Kizarvexis

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles

For those with Warspite:

Directive 1: Damage 25 ship modules, get 550 ribbons, Warspite mission (1 destroyed/defended/citadel/incapacitation ribbon) and get 30K spotting or 1500 free XP = bypass the 750K credit grind.

Directive 2: Get 3 citadel hits, 12 spotted ribbons, 7.4 million potential damage, destroy 5 ships, Warspite mission (sink 1 ship) = bypass 40K commander XP and 1 million credit grinds.

Directive 3: 7 set on fire/torpedo hits, 10 capture point-related ribbons, 150 secondary hits, 400 main battery hits, 300K damage, Warspite mission (50K damage) = bypass 1.5 million credit and 8500 base XP grinds.

Directive 4: earn 1 achievement*, break 55 modules, win 4 battles, cause 400K damage to ships, 25 fire/citadel/incapacitation ribbons, warspite mission (7000 cmdr XP) = bypass 1.5 million credit and 30K ship XP missions.

Some achievements (e.g. natural selection, for sinking four of own-ship type) are available in Scenarios, but having to do either 1.5M credits or 30K XP between Saturday night and Tuesday night is not that terrible.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

Beta Testers
405 posts
3,817 battles

Heyyy, that's awesome.

My Warspite has just been sitting there collecting rust so it'll be nice that the old gal can help me out a bit.

Still, would have been nice if Commonwealth ships could have been used. Haida would have been all over that.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
4 minutes ago, SirMuttonChops said:

Still, would have been nice if Commonwealth ships could have been used.

Or at the very least the Gallant, considering that was the other Sovereign ship.

3 minutes ago, Krupp_Sabot said:

Time to sail the grand old lady to guineatown.

:Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_great:

[FYL]
Members
253 posts
1,476 battles

I have to be honest, with how much I like the Nelson and Warspite, by Bellerophon captain is almost level 10. I could see the Nelson being one too since its also 'free' like the Warspite was.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
Just now, Tanuvein said:

I could see the Nelson being one too since its also 'free' like the Warspite was.

Based on what I saw in the PTS, that might be next week (along with Duke of York).

• Cool 1

[LEGIT]
Members
1,378 posts
21,922 battles

Got Warspite as soon as I could.  Awesome ship and a lot of fun.  And a free premium!

Members
173 posts

I was one of those who forked out their sovereigns to buy Warspite. Best thing I ever did. After moaning about not having funds to buy Mutsu, I found a ship I can be content with (Plus Warspite destroys Mutsu. Those torpedoes are useless) 

[CUTE]
Members
5,202 posts
3,461 battles

Warspite is a stealth assassin. Get up to edge of concealment and then unleash the AP in a cruiser's belly and watch the tears roll. Stop firing, disappear in 20s, pop back out of stealth with the next volley. It's magic.

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,874 battles
48 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

Warspite is a stealth assassin. Get up to edge of concealment and then unleash the AP in a cruiser's belly and watch the tears roll. Stop firing, disappear in 20s, pop back out of stealth with the next volley. It's magic.

Provided of course that the tactical disposition allows for it. Still, tonight's Warspite task is simply to earn 7000 captain XP with no other specific achievements required. It will be a good opportunity to try out your suggestion. Now that I am on what for me is the last directive (I bought the 10 cheap guineas), I can afford to burn Draconic flags like there's no tomorrow.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu