Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

WG Marketing: Revolutionary marketing idea -- give me targeted prices on stuff I DONT HAVE

7 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
8,815 posts
26,264 battles

Every sale I get prices "special for me" .... except that I always already have those ships. 

WG, all the data on what I have bought and own is in your servers. You can easily figure out that I own Texas and Yubari, so why am I getting a special price on them? I will probably never buy them. You could do a more sophisticated analysis and learn that everyone in my clan and my regular div mates -- information on who I associate with in-game is in your servers -- people I might buy stuff for, also have them. Why???

Stop giving me "special prices" on stuff I will never buy. Who benefits from that? You don't get my money, and I don't get a good price on a product I want.

You could look at my playing habits and quickly learn that I play lots of BBs and DDs and few cruisers. There are a number of BB premiums I don't own. Want to sell me something? Give me the special price on one of those. I dont have Asashio which you can quickly learn by checking my server data so why not give me a price cut on it, instead of Tachibana-s which I already own? 

Special prices on products we already own are a guaranteed way to frustrate customers. Repeatedly giving special prices on products I already own? No words for that. 

Edited by Taichunger
  • Cool 4

[FYL]
Members
252 posts
1,426 battles

Yea, its pretty weird. I imagine its not actually a special price for YOU, and them claiming that is just a marketing tactic that is somewhat transparent by it not actually pushing sales effectively. It does seem like everyone has those 'special offers for you'.

It just makes the special offer tag meaningless.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,834 posts
3,944 battles

We are still lacking a properly functioning shopping cart and you ask for unique targeted sales? That's a big leap if you ask me :Smile-_tongue:.

[INTEL]
Members
8,815 posts
26,264 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

We are still lacking a properly functioning shopping cart and you ask for unique targeted sales? That's a big leap if you ask me :Smile-_tongue:.

It wouldnt be difficult to automate offers based on what a player owns. Cart is probably way more difficult. 

[MEOW]
Beta Testers
134 posts
3,679 battles
6 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

and a wish list for those almost AFK

a discount may just pull them back

[HINON]
Members
9,327 posts

To be fair some players do gift things to others so it would be relevant to advertise even things they have already purchased especially through the holidays.

[H_]
Members
275 posts
7,714 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

We are still lacking a properly functioning shopping cart and you ask for unique targeted sales? That's a big leap if you ask me :Smile-_tongue:

Isn't that the truth..

5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

It wouldnt be difficult to automate offers based on what a player owns. Cart is probably way more difficult.

I agree with you a 100% on this, although I think those "special offers just for you" are not really "just for you".   But doing a true "shopping cart" should be child's play for these folks.  I don't know of ANY online sales entity that forces you to only buy 1 item at a time, do you?  Heck they could buy the code or an entire system for that part of the operation if nothing else, gee with a little cash you could probably get someone from the community to write the code for it.

Have never understood that, they can do amazing things with the ships and environment but yet can't modernize the tool that actually is where the income comes from? go figure. 

And YES NEW MAPS would be awesome.

Sign in to follow this