Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Killer Whale

9 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

336
[TDRB]
Members
1,299 posts
4,971 battles

Was it the removal of the CV's? Or maybe it was the addition of BB's that caused a little confusion. I ran Killer Whale on all of my T6 ships, some more than once, at least a dozen matches, probably more today & lost 4 or 5. It seems as if people forgot they need to pass the green line to win. It was most likely wanting more stars. Maybe I can trade my New Mexico for something a little faster. Other than that small issue it was a good day for Ops.

image.thumb.png.8f3d4d7877c4e4da58f225eebb263ff5.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
969
[WOLF9]
Members
1,148 posts

I have encountered just the opposite problem. Once the ships in the harbor are sunk, the whole team lemming trains for the exit in the North and completely ignores the fact that there are two battleships, a cruiser and a destroyer that have to be killed if you want more than a C-. Let's face it, three stars is like a bronze medal, you lost by two.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
508
[4HIM]
Members
1,924 posts
4,715 battles

Great to have a regular Op back.  And glad it wasn't Ultimate FU.  One loss in a game where I was the only one even remotely headed for the exit.  Rest of the team just wanted to farm damage apparently.  Got 4 stars twice.  Was kind of getting tired of the toon Ops.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,393
[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles
4 hours ago, kgh52 said:

It was most likely wanting more stars.

I suspect that's it. With the carrier spam gone, people are more confident of staying to fight the surface ships and I guess they're overstaying their welcome.

Thank you for reminding me that the carriers were gone. I need to get on and try this op when I get the chance, but right now I'm having too much fun in Halloween PvP mode.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
509
[TF16B]
Modder
792 posts
7,281 battles

Well, this patch is a complete fail, IMHO. Killer Whale is bugged, with Red ships spawning in the rendezvous area causing a loss of a star with no recourse. MM is shite with two-game massive up-tier, back to back in T8 and T7. We were also the only 7s in a T9 and the only T8s in a T10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
336
[TDRB]
Members
1,299 posts
4,971 battles
Quote

Great to have a regular Op back.

Yes it is.

3 hours ago, Doombeagle said:

I have encountered just the opposite problem. Once the ships in the harbor are sunk, the whole team lemming trains for the exit in the North and completely ignores the fact that there are two battleships, a cruiser and a destroyer that have to be killed if you want more than a C-. Let's face it, three stars is like a bronze medal, you lost by two.

While I'd much rather have an "A" than a "C-", I'll take a one star victory over a loss anytime.

4 hours ago, Captain_Slattery said:

Getting a lot of casuals right now.

It can be a bit frustrating.

Even though I try not to get frustrated sometimes I have to take a break to calm down.

1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I suspect that's it. With the carrier spam gone, people are more confident of staying to fight the surface ships and I guess they're overstaying their welcome. 

Thank you for reminding me that the carriers were gone. I need to get on and try this op when I get the chance, but right now I'm having too much fun in Halloween PvP mode.

I think you're right. The sinking of the 2 CV's was a signal to dash to cross the green line for a win.

We were not the only ones. some were asking where are the CV's in the match.

I grew tired of the Halloween ships and haven't tried the Twilight battle yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,393
[ARGSY]
Members
7,109 posts
4,839 battles
4 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I grew tired of the Halloween ships and haven't tried the Twilight battle yet.

It's worth a go, especially since you're getting different ships from before. Fighting against humans adds a different dimension to it (they don't dodge torpedoes the way bots do), and there's the fact that you're fighting to the death on a shrinking battlefield with toxic edges. No detonations and no team damage in PvP is a very new thing. If you've got enough flags, it's an elite captain XP gold mine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
509
[TF16B]
Modder
792 posts
7,281 battles

Even with all the warts, still the most fun game I have ever played. Operations are awesome, keep em coming. Just keep chipping away at the warts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×