You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Uncle_Lou

Most cost-effective way to stock up on special signal flags?

3 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Members
312 posts
4,063 battles

I have been finding the special signal flags such as the Red Dragon, Scylla, Leviathan, Hydra, etc. to be very useful when I need to quickly level a ship or captain but am finding my stocks of these signals are running rather low.  I don't really want to try to earn them lottery-style by buying crates as the cost is prohibitive IMO.  Can these be earned in decent quantities via in-game rewards?  I feel a little dumb for asking/not knowing but of late have been grinding hard to get more 19-pt captains which in turn help to grind lower level captains.  I don't play ranked or clan battles, and it isn't likely that will change but thought maybe there is something I have missed.  TIA!

[PVE]
Members
10,680 posts
7,908 battles
1 hour ago, Uncle_Lou said:

I have been finding the special signal flags such as the Red Dragon, Scylla, Leviathan, Hydra, etc. to be very useful when I need to quickly level a ship or captain but am finding my stocks of these signals are running rather low.  I don't really want to try to earn them lottery-style by buying crates as the cost is prohibitive IMO.  Can these be earned in decent quantities via in-game rewards?  I feel a little dumb for asking/not knowing but of late have been grinding hard to get more 19-pt captains which in turn help to grind lower level captains.  I don't play ranked or clan battles, and it isn't likely that will change but thought maybe there is something I have missed.  TIA!

Well, you can do the Play Test Server to get some Draconic flags. The requirements change depending on what WG is testing. The in-game RN DD containers will have 1 each and you can get them as rewards for completing RN Missions. Complete 20 Daily Chains in a month to get some Draconic flags. Some of the RN Missions, other events and the like give out Draconic flags. The fastest way to get them is to buy containers unfortunately.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,960 posts
18,834 battles

I still have many of the special flags that were given out the first day they came into the game. I have thousands of signal flags and close to a thousand of the specials. What I do is farm every one I possibly can when offered in the game and I rarely use them. Personally I want to maximize my earnings with them so I wait until there is an +100% - 200% xp event going on, buy a few days of premium time, and farm my first wins only. I do the same when a OP comes out that is easy to farm, buy the premium time and grind it until I can not stand it any more. If  you use the signals all the time you will  not have them for those earnings events or for special missions where you need to get so much xp/credits/free xp/captain xp in a battle.

Now the regular xp signals I use quite a bit of but again, only on first wins. You can buy them in game so you don't lose much but you want to use them sparingly or you will go broke.

The truth is there is no way to really stock up on them without hoarding them by not using them. There just are not enough offered for free in the game. You can spend huge amounts of real money and buy them in smaller amounts when they are in crates but not sure that is very cost effective.