You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
MrDeaf

The Turkey Shooting Complaints thread

38 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
14,618 posts
10,927 battles

Complaint: Turkeys ruin gameplay!

I think Turkeys give a flag to rally against, but the WoWs gameplay is already ruined in 9/10 games, because there are just a lot of novice players floating about during holidays.
If you haven't noticed, it's the Holidays. Just like the weekends, except way worse in every conceivable metric.

Complaint: Where are the ***ing Turkeys!?

Check the schedule, make sure to account for time zone differences.
Also, try checking Twitch to see if any Turkeys are streaming and try and snipe their matches.
Another method of sniping someone, is putting them on your friends list and hitting "Battle" as soon as their icon changes to Battle cross.

Complaint: Why are the Turkeys always on my team!?

It's quite clear, they hate you and only you, so they do it out of spiteful RNG.

Complaint: Some a-hole keeps sniping MY Turkey kills!

Well you wouldn't have kills taken away from you, if you dev strike them. So get better at one shot-ing ships.
I highly recommend something that has great torpedo firing angles and high alpha.
Don't forget to mount ramming flags, because ramming is also a pretty good way to secure kills on low HP ships.
Also, they aren't Your Turkeys.

Brought to you by someone who has survived Corgeddon OG, Corgeddon 2, Corgeddon 3 and Piratpocalypse.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 7
  • Boring 4

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,200 posts
3,940 battles
46 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

But they are my turkeys, and I needed them rounded up, and I would really appreciate it if all of you would stop shooting them!

• Funny 1

[ADR]
[ADR]
Members
46 posts
5,759 battles

I've been in 3 battles so far with turkeys, and I can't tell who they are.  I load in 20 secs late, and no one will ever say.  The same with others that load in even a few secs late.  the chat screen is all filled with talk about going after the turkeys so there is know way of seeing.  It's like it's a secret.

[SYN]
Members
3,118 posts
14,306 battles

Turkeys are aptly named, unfortunately I have seen up to 23 in some games, just none of those ones give you a reward!

• Funny 1

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,272 posts
7,571 battles

Aside from the above complaint about suiciding Turkeys (ok if/when battle result is 100% certain, but not before), it is far too easy for a CV player to farm Turkey when the birds drive AP ready battleships. 

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
4 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

I think Turkeys give a flag to rally against, but the WoWs gameplay is already ruined in 9/10 games, because there are just a lot of novice players floating about during holidays.
If you haven't noticed, it's the Holidays. Just like the weekends, except way worse in every conceivable metric.

Also, try checking Twitch to see if any Turkeys are streaming and try and snipe their matches.
Another method of sniping someone, is putting them on your friends list and hitting "Battle" as soon as their icon changes to Battle cross.

It's quite clear, they hate you and only you, so they do it out of spiteful RNG.

Well you wouldn't have kills taken away from you, if you dev strike them. So get better at one shot-ing ships.
I highly recommend something that has great torpedo firing angles and high alpha.
Don't forget to mount ramming flags, because ramming is also a pretty good way to secure kills on low HP ships.

Brought to you by someone who has survived Corgeddon OG, Corgeddon 2, Corgeddon 3 and Piratpocalypse.

:Smile_teethhappy:

3 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

But they are my turkeys, and I needed them rounded up, and I would really appreciate it if all of you would stop shooting them!

2 hours ago, r0s1w3d2stnlc said:

I've been in 3 battles so far with turkeys, and I can't tell who they are.  I load in 20 secs late, and no one will ever say.  The same with others that load in even a few secs late.  the chat screen is all filled with talk about going after the turkeys so there is know way of seeing.  It's like it's a secret.

I have not seen a Turkey yet, but if it is like past events they will be named Turkey123 or something like that. They are special accounts handed out just for the event..

[SYN]
Members
14,618 posts
10,927 battles
3 hours ago, HMS_Formidable said:

And the Turkey's suicide - ruining the chances of the team they spawn upon.

Pathetic.

That's not true.

Your chances of your game being ruined by the team you spawned upon is already at 95%.

A Turkey will only nudge it by 0.1%

Ergo, it's like peeing into the ocean. It's not going to get noticeably saltier.

You're only annoyed that someone you can see has peed in the ocean, when 100% of the ocean life pee into the ocean anyways.

Edited by MrDeaf

[AWP]
[AWP]
Members
1,012 posts
4 hours ago, MrDeaf said:

meh, i'm just sad i wasn't picked, even though they still got 35 slots to fill out. 

I sunk eleven corgis in the first corgi fleet, and was a corgi captain myself in the second fleet, but didn't particpate in the pirate event either way cause i was taking a breaking from wows. Maybe i'll try to bag 12 turkeys this year, and see how that goes.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

If you can't get any turkeys, it's because Trump pardoned them all. :Smile_hiding:

[CAST]
Members
1,258 posts
7,768 battles

I have seen two turkeys on the opposing team in two different games.  In one game I found the enemy turkey(a Kutuzov) parked in smoke behind an island and knocked him from full health down to near death, and then someone sniped him.  The turkeys in both games played the game as a good player and not as a death lemming.  One game was won by the enemy team, and one game was won by mine.  

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
1 minute ago, Murcc said:

I have seen two turkeys on the opposing team in two different games.  In one game I found the enemy turkey(a Kutuzov) parked in smoke behind an island and knocked him from full health down to near death, and then someone sniped him.  The turkeys in both games played the game as a good player and not as a death lemming.  One game was won by the enemy team, and one game was won by mine.  

Do you remember the format of the Turkey names please?

[-SF-]
Members
152 posts
2,648 battles
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

List of players and their turkey names are here

[TBOW]
Members
1,328 posts
10,951 battles

If said Turkey is playing as he/she should be...  (Corgi 2 times)  One we want our team to win. 2 pref is make sure the team win is in the bag when go to yolo and as people have aptly said suicide, to give away the prize.  Lastly leave the turkey for the end on the opposing team, if there is one on your team, let the other team, be reckless and chase the Turkey while you complete the Objectives.

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
8 hours ago, r0s1w3d2stnlc said:

See the link below for the Turkey Names. Look for them in PvP battles you are playing. See the link below that for the times that Turkeys are restricted to certain tiers.

8 minutes ago, Ashy_GB said:

25 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

List of players and their turkey names are here

edit @Ashy_GB, forgot to say Thank you.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/community/gobble-gobble/

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 1

[CAST]
Members
1,258 posts
7,768 battles
56 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I think I remembered them just listed in-game as "event turkey ###", or something along that line.  The number can be used to look up the player name that is playing the turkey.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
5 minutes ago, Murcc said:

I think I remembered them just listed in-game as "event turkey ###", or something along that line.  The number can be used to look up the player name that is playing the turkey.

Shiny, it was for a poster up stream. Thank you.

[LEGIT]
Members
1,373 posts
21,852 battles

Well I finally got my 1st turkey kill.  Never got one of those Halloween ship kills - remember the Halloween ships deployed in random games?  Never got a Corgi or Pirate kill.  So whoo hoo!  And it's just luck who gets the kill.  In this case my was my Warspite 2ndaries on an Ognevoi.

[WOLF6]
Members
202 posts
2,382 battles
10 hours ago, r0s1w3d2stnlc said:

1 - Press CTRL to bring up free mouse cursor.

2 - While holding CTRL, move mouse over chat window.

3 - Still holding CTRL, use your mouse wheel to scroll up to the top of the chat window.

4 -  Profit!?

Members
18,949 posts
5,333 battles
10 hours ago, r0s1w3d2stnlc said:

I've been in 3 battles so far with turkeys, and I can't tell who they are.  I load in 20 secs late, and no one will ever say. 

If you load in late, you have even more time to check the lineup. Just look for "Event-Turkey-#".

Members
18,949 posts
5,333 battles
9 minutes ago, ZoomieG said:

1 - Press CTRL to bring up free mouse cursor.

2 - While holding CTRL, move mouse over chat window.

3 - Still holding CTRL, use your mouse wheel to scroll up to the top of the chat window.

4 -  Profit!?

He doesn't even need to do that.

You can either look at the roster while loading the match, or hold TAB at any time during the match to view the roster.

[WOLFC]
Members
203 posts
14,917 battles
10 hours ago, HMS_Formidable said:

And the Turkey's suicide - ruining the chances of the team they spawn upon.

I've been in one match with a turkey on the opposite team and he definitely did not suicide. In fact, he got a kraken. His team still lost, though. :Smile_trollface:

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Beta Testers
134 posts
3,647 battles

too many DDs shot one giant turd torpedo themselves at the Turkeys