Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NashW8

Steel to Coal

14 comments in this topic

[-AGW-]
Members
680 posts
9,859 battles

Can you convert steel to coal? It says you can, but I can't figure out how.

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles

If you try to buy something for more coal than you have, it will ask you if you want to convert some of your steel.  You will see that if you start the purchase process..  Just don't confirm the purchase unless you want to go ahead with the purchase.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles
39 minutes ago, ExploratorOne said:

If you try to buy something for more coal than you have, it will ask you if you want to convert some of your steel.  You will see that if you start the purchase process..  Just don't confirm the purchase unless you want to go ahead with the purchase.

was wondering the same thing, thanks for the info!:fish_aqua:

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles
1 minute ago, Troa_Barton said:

Yes you can but I doubt you would want to, the conversion rate is pathetic.

true but i really want Musashi before its kicked out.:Smile_child:

given the way WG worded it, chances are it won't be back ever and i've missed out on a few gems before and i don't want to repeat that mistake again!

also love the logo you made! you see the new manga for gundam wing?:cap_look:

• Cool 1

[CHMC]
[CHMC]
Members
288 posts
7,995 battles
1 minute ago, BladedPheonix said:

true but i really want Musashi before its kicked out.:Smile_child:

given the way WG worded it, chances are it won't be back ever and i've missed out on a few gems before and i don't want to repeat that mistake again!

also love the logo you made! you see the new manga for gundam wing?:cap_look:

Fair enough the Mushi makes a good trainer, its a good ship but Yamato has better gun characteristics.

Thank you :) and no I haven't, I wasn't aware they were making anything new??

• Cool 1

[LOU1]
Members
3,174 posts
8,432 battles

Two months.  That is what the warning post stated.  There is probably going to be a lot of coal flying around during the holiday events, you might want to wait a few weeks.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles
19 minutes ago, Troa_Barton said:

Fair enough the Mushi makes a good trainer, its a good ship but Yamato has better gun characteristics.

Thank you :) and no I haven't, I wasn't aware they were making anything new??

check barns and noble or books-a-million. they should have up to book 8? they also have gundam thunderbolt (its kinda like cowboy beebop) and the whole gundam the origin series too.:cap_like:( which in my opinion is a must have if your'e a gundam fan):fish_book: 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles
Just now, ExploratorOne said:

Two months.  That is what the warning post stated.  There is probably going to be a lot of coal flying around during the holiday events, you might want to wait a few weeks.

specially if WG does Santa crates again!:cap_happy:

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,991 battles

You can not directly convert steel to coal.

Let's say you have 1000 steel. Steel is worth 10 coal, so you effectively have 10,000 coal.

As a result, if you have 20,000 coal, and the item you're looking at is 30,000 coal, the option to purchase will be available, because you have the steel to cover the remaining coal cost.

HOWEVER, if you have 20,000 coal, and the item you're looking at is 40,000 coal, the option to purchase will not be available, and it will tell you "20,000 more coal required." This is because the Arsenal only factors in steel, when it is able to make up 100% the remaining coal cost. So effectively, you only need 10,000 more coal, not 20,000.

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Members
680 posts
9,859 battles

Thanks.

Yeah, it's intended for Musashi. I don't play clan wars and I doubt my intake of steel is ever going to amount to anything significant.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,842 battles
27 minutes ago, Counter_Gambit said:

You can not directly convert steel to coal.

Let's say you have 1000 steel. Steel is worth 10 coal, so you effectively have 10,000 coal.

As a result, if you have 20,000 coal, and the item you're looking at is 30,000 coal, the option to purchase will be available, because you have the steel to cover the remaining coal cost.

HOWEVER, if you have 20,000 coal, and the item you're looking at is 40,000 coal, the option to purchase will not be available, and it will tell you "20,000 more coal required." This is because the Arsenal only factors in steel, when it is able to make up 100% the remaining coal cost. So effectively, you only need 10,000 more coal, not 20,000.

This ^^^

Steel only converts to coal when you have enough of coal & steel to buy what you are trying to buy.

[PVE]
Members
6,454 posts
11,467 battles
7 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

This ^^^

Steel only converts to coal when you have enough of coal & steel to buy what you are trying to buy.

That sounds like a good way for someone to accidentally convert their steel into coal without realizing it.

[WOLFB]
Members
451 posts
3,842 battles
7 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

That sounds like a good way for someone to accidentally convert their steel into coal without realizing it.

Yes, it is. I bet it's happened to someone already 

Be careful.

Sign in to follow this