You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SJ_Sailer

WG Finally Ruined Tier 7

57 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
269 posts
1,116 battles

In an effort to save tier 8 WG has ruined tier 7.  Every singe match today in a tier 7 ship was a tier all tier 8 & 9 ships.  There is no way to deal with all the radar and overpowered ships.  Makes me upset for spending money for tier 7 ships.  Not anymore, guess I will retreat to tier 6 or 4 now.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 6
  • Boring 4
  • Bad 4

[INTEL]
Members
8,838 posts
26,334 battles

LOL you just had a bad run of MMs. Collect data for 100 games and let me know. 

• Cool 4
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
10,854 posts
7,982 battles
3 minutes ago, SJ_Sailer said:

In an effort to save tier 8 WG has ruined tier 7.  Every singe match today in a tier 7 ship was a tier all tier 8 & 9 ships.  There is no way to deal with all the radar and overpowered ships.  Makes me upset for spending money for tier 7 ships.  Not anymore, guess I will retreat to tier 6 or 4 now.

1 minute ago, Taichunger said:

LOL you just had a bad run of MMs. Collect data for 100 games and let me know. 

This^^^

I tracked MM for PvE for 40-100 games each for T5 - T10 and there were some days where I got a lot of top tier or a lot of bottom tier or a mixture.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,882 posts
11,536 battles

T 7 had it coming, they have been wreaking T 5 for ages without the slightest worry about their feelings

• Cool 6
  • Funny 5

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,390 battles

Well you've enjoyed preferntial MM for a while at t7 at the expense of t5 ships. 

The holiday is over

• Cool 6

Members
507 posts
12,787 battles
6 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

T 7 had it coming, they have been wreaking T 5 for ages without the slightest worry about their feelings

amen to that.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,882 posts
11,536 battles

I actually think this might be a change for the better, as now you are going to have more people subject to radar, so they, if they bother to learn, will have a greater understanding of it as they approach the higher tiers.

• Cool 2

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
269 posts
1,116 battles

I was in Tier 7 to stay away from Radar and tier 9 and 10 ships.  All this has done is pushed tier 7 mid level players to lower tiers and less skilled players.  But yes it is real, Tier 7 is now Tier 8.

[DRACS]
Members
3,634 posts

Give it time. Wargaming actually talked about what they'd like to try in the Waterline episode today. They wish to make sure that in matchmaking, matches would be much more heavily weighted towards the bottom tiers in a match. So instead of having a match with ten tier 8 ships and two tier 6s, they'll try and make it so those matches would have mostly tier 6s and only a token number of tier 8s. Cause while it's fairly cool to be a shark in a sea of goldish, it's extemely painful to be a single goldfish in a sea of sharks, lol.

• Cool 4

[PQUOD]
Members
454 posts
6,888 battles

I've been in matches where I (and token low tier opponent) were the only T(x)-2 ships in the match. It turns into a glass half empty or glass half full moment. It usually doesn't help your WR but, it gives you pride if you survive and contribute, or take some with you.:Smile_honoring:

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,573 posts
12,258 battles

Schools out for holiday.

Tier 7 will get better in a month.

[BNKR]
Members
853 posts
884 battles
6 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Schools out for holiday.

Tier 7 will get better in a month.

Those kids are playing Fortnite and Call of Duty. This game has extremely limited appeal to Mountain Dew chugging 14 year olds. 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
269 posts
1,116 battles

After a couple games it seems Tier 6 is where you want to be now, hmmm any new tier 6 ships coming out...

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
442 posts
6,228 battles
24 minutes ago, CriMiNaL__ said:

18 minutes ago, Camo68 said:

Well you've enjoyed preferntial MM for a while at t7 at the expense of t5 ships. 

Why should ANY tier "have it coming"?  Are y'all saying +2/-2 is bad for T8 but not T7?  Or you just want more company for the "pain party"? Just wishing for any tier to have an inequitable or poor gaming experience doesn't really accomplish anything.

After all, they are the only 2 tiers with +/-2 ... and that is WG's choice, not the player's. 

I fail to understand why that is preferential treatment for T7, except that T5 and T6 only get +2/-1, i.e they can be the seal, but not the clubber.

This is more rhetorical than a direct question, and posed to all, not just those quoted.  I don't expect an answer, because I don't expect a real solution until WG has resolved the "issues", if that's even possible.

Carry on :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
4,679 posts
6,848 battles

I think a ship from every tier should be in the random battles. :Smile_great::Smile_teethhappy: Be exciting...heh.

Edited by dmckay
  • Cool 1

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,882 posts
11,536 battles
1 minute ago, DocWalker said:

Why should ANY tier "have it coming"?  Are y'all saying +2/-2 is bad for T8 but not T7?  Or you just want more company for the "pain party"? Just wishing for any tier to have an inequitable or poor gaming experience doesn't really accomplish anything.

After all, they are the only 2 tiers with +/-2 ... and that is WG's choice, not the player's. 

I fail to understand why that is preferential treatment for T7, except that T5 and T6 only get +2/-1, i.e they can be the seal, but not the clubber.

This is more rhetorical than a direct question, and posed to all, not just those quoted.  I don't expect an answer, because I don't expect a real solution until WG has resolved the "issues", if that's even possible.

Carry on :Smile_honoring:

Without going into the whole + - 2 debate on MM.

The forums had an explosion of threads when they made T4 safe from the +-2 mm, this seemed to get an awful lot of T5 into T7 games, What we are seeing here is a a new explosion of threads about MM but now its affecting T7.

The people in T5 seemed to just let it go after a while, as there was no change in sight, the same will happen with the T7 people.

The comment "they had it coming" is merely in jest as it does not matter what changes they make, some tier is going to get shafted and it appears its T7 turn this time around.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
680 posts
5,162 battles
36 minutes ago, LoveBote said:

why not play some t8 and t9 ships?

Why? Are you for real?

I play T5 I see T7

I play T7 I see T9

I play T8 or T9 all I see is T10.

More than 70% of matches I am bottom tier, and because I main cruisers I am sometime the only bottom tier cruiser in the match, and I mean there is no comparable tier cruiser on the other side.  It is not bad luck in MM, WG admitted as much when they protected T4 from T6 that T5 was getting the shaft.  Now T7 is the same for the protection of T8.

This is why i believe new players leave when they hit T5, they play protected tiers up to T5 then get the worst MM in the game.  The crappy MM lasts right up to you reach T10 and players don't want to deal with it. Not new players anyways. 

This is not about getting easy matches where they are top tier all the time it is about balance.  If I have a run of bottom tier Matches I should be able to get a run of top tier matches as well, but that can't happen with the MM the way it is balanced. 

The answer is  more players and balancing the MM.  It is my belief that WG is not doing enough to find and keep players, and they are too slow to respond to needed changes in MM.  How many months have players been saying the MM for T8 is screwed, 12 months, 2 years, so WG screws T7 to help T8.  It shows they have little to no awareness of how to fix the balance issues with MM. 

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Members
269 posts
1,116 battles

Maybe I am over reacting here...maybe there is just a massive resurgence of tier 8+9 ships in the list today after the change to see how it went thus all the tier 8+9 battles with a lone tier 7.

Members
4,928 posts
5,713 battles

To be fair and honest, the only real issue with T7s getting uptiered is the access T8 and T9 get to the 5th equipment slot. The concealment module causes a rift between T7 and T8, without that module, the concealments are actually pretty comparable. The real losers in being uptiered at T7 are T7 DDs, they suffer the most from not having access to the extra concealment.

That said, this is really no different than a year or so ago before T3 and T4 received protected MM. Before that, T7 was uptiered frequently into T8. Not bottom tier, but not top tier either.