Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
GhostSwordsman

New Year's Nagasaki (Zipangu) Port is Stunningly Beautiful

18 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
4,932 posts
5,713 battles

Like seriously, this port should stay this way after New Year's, just drop some of the N.Y. specific decorations. I love the nighttime ports, and I love winter themed ports, like Hamburg and the old London port. I believe the New York port was winterized once too.

A small criticism though, the dynamic lighting on the ships looks out of place, with the source of light being behind the ships (the moon) and the shadow's falling towards the screen. And with no visible spotlight or light source to light up or shine on the ship, it just looks a little awkward to me(as a matter of fact, looking over it again, it appears that the dynamic lighting may be reversed, the source of light isn't placed correctly. The side of the ship facing the moon, which should be the light source, is darkened and you can see a glare off flat surfaces like the turret tops. It acts as if the moon is supposed to be behind the camera's default position, but it's not). I think these ships would look cool if backlit by the moonlight. In fact, it may look better than it does now.

Here's a few screenshots I took of some of my favorite IJN warships in the new Zipangu dock:

Spoiler

155mm Mogami (note: I don't own the permanent camo, it just looked better than the Restless Fire camo):

TB34RDR.jpg

Atago:

piyfoj2.jpg

Yuugumo:

AOohXSH.jpg

Nagato:

fRoVCCX.jpg

Hiryuu:

REiQ8gV.jpg

Akatsuki:

B9oWyuC.jpg

Shinonome:

N5GNlqx.jpg

Amagi:

BgMGdr2.jpg

Ibuki:

fQ4jU5B.jpg

 

Edited by GhostSwordsman
added two more pictures
  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,932 posts
5,713 battles
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

can you still see the cherry blossoms at night?

They're snowflakes instead. I saw a few fly 'close' to the screen and saw the pattern of a snowflake. I don't believe the cherry blossoms are present. As for the trees that dotted the surrounding area, either they were recolored white to look like they had snow on them, or the pink color blends in well with the snow covered ground in the dimmer nighttime setting, making them look like they're snow covered. Near as I can tell at least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
301
[THICC]
[THICC]
Beta Testers
874 posts
4,700 battles

I liked the old one.  I do not see why they replaced it rather than just adding it as a second option.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133
[OPG]
Members
4,091 posts
5,896 battles

I really like the nighttime + winter vibe going on.  If nothing else I've made it my default port for the holidays.  *I usually run the Dragon port.  Although, I can understand the people who are sad to see the old version go, it would be nice if it came back eventually.  *Worst case scenario I imagine you could always get it back with a mod.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,985
[NGA]
Alpha Tester
10,115 posts
4,429 battles
33 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

mfw I just realized this is Zipangu in winter, and cherry blossoms only bloom in spring

That hot tea is starting to melt through your sinus cavity and starting to boil your brain?

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,033 posts
13 battles
2 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

That hot tea is starting to melt through your sinus cavity and starting to boil your brain?

That is the cultured way to have tea.

Edited by RyuuohD_NA
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,932 posts
5,713 battles
39 minutes ago, LuckyStarFan said:

I liked the old one.  I do not see why they replaced it rather than just adding it as a second option.

WG always reskins a port for the holidays, except Halloween which gets it's own unique port. I did like the old Zipangu as well, and would like to see it back(very likely to happen after the holidays). I was actually using this port before it was added officially, as a mod. Hence why I call it Nagasaki, as that was what it was called as a mod.

19 minutes ago, yashma said:

I really like the nighttime + winter vibe going on.  If nothing else I've made it my default port for the holidays.  *I usually run the Dragon port.  Although, I can understand the people who are sad to see the old version go, it would be nice if it came back eventually.  *Worst case scenario I imagine you could always get it back with a mod.

Actually, to be honest, I'd much rather see this version added after N.Y. as a separate port, minus the N.Y. decorations. More than likely though, someone around here will take the files and make this version as a mod for after the holidays, which is perfectly fine with me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,306
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,479 posts

Not to be a killjoy (oh wait)... but I never look at the ports.  Every time WG includes a new port in a patch, I have to switch back to the port I use, which is low-clutter and quiet, and then forget it until the next time WG tries to cram a new port down our throats.

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[O_O]
Members
854 posts
6,707 battles

:Smile_teethhappy: i been to Nagasaki harbor...however i don't recall a mountain quite that big being there....lol but the pics do look kewl! :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,932 posts
5,713 battles
50 minutes ago, Shinnidan said:

i been to Nagasaki harbor...however i don't recall a mountain quite that big being there....lol 

As I said above, I don't know if that is the harbor this port is based on but that's what it was called when you had to mod it into the client to use it. It's possible it was incorrectly named. How close is Mt. Fuji in relation to Nagasaki? Pardon my ignorance on Japan's geography.

Edited by GhostSwordsman
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[LEGIT]
Members
1,378 posts
21,927 battles

Well I had the Halloween port  and then the update hit toady and I was warped into Dunkirk port.  Just switched to Zipngou.  Beautiful.  I just wish there was a way to fly around the ports like you can after you're killed in a battle and see stuff anywhere on the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[O_O]
Members
854 posts
6,707 battles
On 11/21/2018 at 5:12 PM, GhostSwordsman said:

As I said above, I don't know if that is the harbor this port is based on but that's what it was called when you had to mod it into the client to use it. It's possible it was incorrectly named. How close is Mt. Fuji in relation to Nagasaki? Pardon my ignorance on Japan's geography.

hahaha...well beautiful picture anyways... ^_^

Nagasaki  and Mt Fuji are prefectures apart...lol way way way apart.  

Nagasaki is on the southern most prefecture on kyushu and mt Fuji is in the Shizuoka prefecture of Honshu(much closer to Tokyo).  between the too you would need to take the Bullet train ride about 6hrs+ from Tokyo to Nagasaki (at least up to Yamaguchi) then take fairy to Kyuushu.  but the ride is beautiful if you take it in the morning ^_^ you will pass by Mt Fuji on your way to Nagasaki ^_^ it would be faster by plane but the ground trek is much more fun. 

but if you planing to go there i would recommend you go to Kansai (Osaka-Kyoto area).  its in between Nagasaki and Mt Fuji.  

happy trails! :Smile_honoring:

Edited by Shinnidan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,932 posts
5,713 battles
1 hour ago, Shinnidan said:

hahaha...well beautiful picture anyways... ^_^

Nagasaki  and Mt Fuji are prefectures apart...lol way way way apart.  

Nagasaki is on the southern most prefecture on kyushu and mt Fuji is in the Shizuoka prefecture of Honshu(much closer to Tokyo).  between the too you would need to take the Bullet train ride about 6hrs+ from Tokyo to Nagasaki (at least up to Yamaguchi) then take fairy to Kyuushu.  but the ride is beautiful if you take it in the morning ^_^ you will pass by Mt Fuji on your way to Nagasaki ^_^ it would be faster by plane but the ground trek is much more fun. 

but if you planing to go there i would recommend you go to Kansai (Osaka-Kyoto area).  its in between Nagasaki and Mt Fuji.  

happy trails! :Smile_honoring:

Visiting another country is way outside of my budget right now. I might be able to do something like that if I study abroad when I get back into school, but otherwise it's just too expensive at the moment. I would really love to tour Japan though. Aside from a few of the naval museums, I've seen pictures of some of their national parks, and would love to go see them in person.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
116
[LEGIT]
Members
485 posts
6,790 battles

Even Black ships look more elegant... (Not gonna post Massachusetts B and Tirpitz B since they are not IJN ships) 

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.11.27 - 17.20.06.100.png

World of Warships Screenshot 2018.11.27 - 17.19.38.75.png

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
106
[O_O]
Members
854 posts
6,707 battles
8 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Visiting another country is way outside of my budget right now. I might be able to do something like that if I study abroad when I get back into school, but otherwise it's just too expensive at the moment. I would really love to tour Japan though. Aside from a few of the naval museums, I've seen pictures of some of their national parks, and would love to go see them in person.

it will still cost you a lot just to study there too, i had to work as an instructor while i was going to school and training.  but when i was on deployment over ther  ...the military paid for almost everything. lol 

Yes, if you do go there...by any chance... you have to stop by the Maritime Museum in Kure, Aka: Yamato Museum in Hiroshima.

Japan is a beautiful country.  i plan on retiring to there one day.  ^_^ but that still a while off...hahaha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
442
[FAE]
Members
2,242 posts
2,770 battles

Had a friend too who lived in Yokohama?? Yokosuka? Something. Near the port, where Mikasa is. 

And I got to see Yokohama and part of the port side. It was rather pretty. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×