Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Steel_I

data useage

13 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
5,285 posts
7,571 battles
3 minutes ago, Steel_I said:

anyone have any ideas how much data world of Warship uses per hr.  Just got new internet package.  thanks

If you mean bandwidth? very little when the client is running. What matters most, is your ping, often influenced by your home setup (Wifi vs rg45 for example) ISP and your distance to WOWS servers. Bandwidth only matters when you have to update your WOWS client.

[PQUOD]
Members
440 posts
6,871 battles
47 minutes ago, Steel_I said:

anyone have any ideas how much data world of Warship uses per hr.  Just got new internet package.  thanks

Dunno for sure. I actually hit a data cap one month but I don't fault WOWS. I fault ROKU :Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by Capt_Ahab1776

[SIDE]
Members
1,596 posts
1 hour ago, Steel_I said:

A few gig. I asked the same question a few months ago. I play on a laptop using my iPhone as a hotspot on T-Mobiles network. It’s respectable 80-140 ping with occasional lag spikes that are easily dealt with. I have a 25gb plan and have never used even half of that. I browse a lot, watch YouTube while on cardio machines, stream pandora in the car and spend hours and hours on amazon. Even with a few patches, these take longer on hotspot than real WiFi, my usage is about 10gb playing a few hours each day and about 15 or so days a month .

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,878 posts
11,531 battles

I used to have a limited amount of GIG per month and at the time was playing arma dayz, that used on average about 500mb for a 4 hr gaming session, wows uses far less than that over the same time period, the thing is to not mill around in port for ages, as it ticks away slowly while your doing nothing.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
128 posts
2,223 battles
5 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

People are still with ISP's that have data caps? Good lord.

And the alternative would be.....................................?

Beta Testers
1,227 posts
8,640 battles
2 hours ago, LoveBote said:

If you mean bandwidth? very little when the client is running. What matters most, is your ping, often influenced by your home setup (Wifi vs rg45 for example) ISP and your distance to WOWS servers. Bandwidth only matters when you have to update your WOWS client.

If your home router  / wifi is influencing latency then you might want to trade in your 2005 LinkSys router and Pentium4 computer. My wireless access point contributes approx 1ms of latency.

It's mostly cable providers and peer network congestion that causes most client latency. 

[LOU1]
Members
3,170 posts
8,432 battles

Some people have no choice.  I live in a pretty populated area and Comcast is the only choice because Verizon has not cared to update  their cabling in my neighborhood.  Their (nonworking) DSL or slow/expensive satellite are my only other "options".  Fortunately, i could get 1GB on Comcast, but have stayed at 250GB.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
128 posts
2,223 battles
7 minutes ago, J30_Reinhardt said:

Unfortunately, none of those ISPs are available in my area.  I'm in Cox (the name that speaks for itself) country and it definitely sucks.  Billing is thru the nose and it definitely hurts.

Easy to say be on a plan that doesn't suck, but not so easy to find one that doesn't.

[LWA]
Members
647 posts
9,272 battles
4 hours ago, Steel_I said:

sound like I will be o.k.  I have a 1000 Gbty plan or 1trigabite plan but wife watch netflix

I have satellite with a 50gb limit.  This game uses very little data compared to video, Facebook, movies, etc.  Just have to watch would for the 1GB+ updates, but if you have a terabyte you will definitely be fine while playing this game.

Sign in to follow this