Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Billy2Hawks

Twilight Battle Highlights MM Skill Disparity

5 comments in this topic

[SANK]
Members
162 posts
5,452 battles

Yes I know, dead horse, but I can already see Twilight battles are going to shine a huge light on how MM can stack low skilled players together to produce a loss.

WG, you need to be parsing data on these battles. If this is a test bed for them, you are going to find that the data might highlight some issues since you are throwing players who are not used to some of the mechanics in with players that can efficiently execute them.

I am glad that every time when I think I might spend money on Santa crates like I did last year, you remind me why I do not want to spend any more money on this game. Over the past two months you have done a great job at pushing me farther and farther out of the game.

[HYDRO]
Members
1,872 posts
3,968 battles

Could you elaborate a bit? As far as I am concerned it's an optional mode that nobody forces you to play. As for the mechanics, it's the first day of the mode. People learn mechanics at a different pace, that's what you see, and since every multiplayer game has competition involved, there is bound to be a skill gap.

[TSPC]
Members
2,380 posts
7,261 battles

I find the North Carolina to be absurdly good in this mode.

Every game so far has had a devastating strike or more.....

[RLGN]
Members
8,694 posts
17,952 battles
17 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Could you elaborate a bit? As far as I am concerned it's an optional mode that nobody forces you to play. As for the mechanics, it's the first day of the mode. People learn mechanics at a different pace, that's what you see, and since every multiplayer game has competition involved, there is bound to be a skill gap.

Elaborate...

Okay; it’s PvP, and I don’t want to screw around with ships using what seems to be the Holloween gimmicks in a mode that’s PvP.

Also ugly as hell camos.

• Bad 1

[SANK]
Members
162 posts
5,452 battles
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

1 hour ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Elaborate...

Okay; it’s PvP, and I don’t want to screw around with ships using what seems to be the Holloween gimmicks in a mode that’s PvP.

Also ugly as hell camos.

Also access to higher level play/mechanics to lower tier players.

The landslide victories, you know, where the team gets blown out. Two of the three games I have played so far (yes a small sample, but completely indicative of randoms) have been over in less than 5 minutes, except for the enemy cleaning up the stragglers.

I have pretty much given up on randoms because I hate getting dumped into games where the disparity is so great that the game has been lost before a ship even moves. I find it a waste of my time. Twilight mode pretty much highlights this, as one side seems to get stacked with players that are more skilled about 2/3 of the time (Win or Loss for my team) with the other 1/3 being actually somewhat competitive and fun.

It is an optional mode, but I am guessing this mode is being tested for rotation like the one we had for T9.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this