You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pewpewpew42

Should I Get the Kronshtadt?

16 comments in this topic

[SF-A]
Members
2,948 posts
5,908 battles

I've got the FXP, and I'm wondering whether this is a good buy. I'm familiar with Moskva's playstyle, and I have the idea that Kron is essentially a bigger Moskva with an AP focus. Is this right?

[R-R-R]
Members
978 posts
7,050 battles

Not quite.

Compared to Moskva, Kronshtadt's gun performance is more BB like, but without overmatching capability on most ships. She can't HE spam as efficiently due to BB level dispersion and below-average HE DPM.

Her power resides in her AP that has good penetration, travels fast and low reload. She feasts on broadside target and can punish them even at long distance.

Her armor is good by T9 cruiser standard but only covered by 25mm deck/bow/stern which means she can't tank as well as Moskva either.

As a result, Moskva plays a much more stationary style and occasionally snipe broadside target. Kronshtadt needs to look for broadsides all the time so she will roam more.

• Cool 5

[A_51]
Members
366 posts
13,972 battles

Notser has a new video on this ship that you might find helpful.  I'm going to have to make this decision, too, before it disappears.

[SIM]
Members
2,663 posts
4,423 battles

I found the Kronshtadt to be a disappointment. When there are no broadside targets the ship struggles to do meaningful damage, while having little ability to mitigate incoming damage herself. She’s not bad per se, but she’s not particularly special either. 

[NDA]
Supertester
4,916 posts
14,325 battles

I own the Missouri and the Musashi. I also helped test the Kronshtadt. But I don't own a Kronshtadt. 
If I had gotten to test drive the Musashi before I bought it I wouldn't have bought the Musashi either. 

:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

[M_S]
Members
49 posts
2,316 battles

Guys, if you even somewhat want the Kronshtadt, resolve this quickly, because Wargamming released a video today saying that the Kronshtadt will no longer be available for sale.

[HINON]
Members
9,327 posts
3 minutes ago, tyinnow said:

Guys, if you even somewhat want the Kronshtadt, resolve this quickly, because Wargamming released a video today saying that the Kronshtadt will no longer be available for sale.

Well we do have some time with about 2 months to decide.

[PVE]
Members
6,426 posts
11,414 battles

@pewpewpew42

JMHO but save your FXP for something better. Kronshtadt is a very frustrating ship to play due to the guns. It is NOTHING like Moskva. Moskva has amazing guns that are accurate and consistently hit hard. Kronshtadt has insanely inconsistent guns that have horrible accuracy and generally overpen or shatter vs pens and citadels. And that is just the AP. The HE absolutely sucks as well.

IF you have played Roma and are familiar with how bad it's guns are (ie; AP performance) then you have a small clue as to how bad Kronshtadt's are. I have all 4 of the FXP ships and Kronshtadt is the one I regret. It just sits in port now because I am so sick of the guns. For every amazing salvo with Kronshtadt you get 50 others where you want to punch the screen and have a stroke because you whiffed on an easy shot or got nothing for damage with a bunch of hits.

Edited by AdmiralThunder
  • Cool 2

[AAA]
Members
471 posts
5,915 battles

I had way too much free, got enough to buy 4 more free do ships but since WG seems to be shifting away from free xp, I bought Kron. Got plenty for Alaska. 

[MEATS]
Supertester, Beta Testers
173 posts
3,063 battles

Judging by your stats in cruisers, I think you'll be fine. Hell, you could probably reach me a thing or lots. 

I have it, I enjoy it, save for the occasional salvo that suddenly decides that a holiday in Lisbon is in order and waves by the target as it flies by.

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,110 posts
9,912 battles

IMO if you can afford it, get it. Better to have it and not play it much than not have it and can't get it anymore. You never know what changes they may make in the future and it may become a beast.

Also the Kron gets about as much if not more credits than the Missouri with not much effort. 

[RED2]
Members
131 posts
6,908 battles

Kronshtadt is not an intuitive ship to play. She is plays a rather unique role that's similar to playing a cruiser and a BB at the same time. She is also quite vulnerable when giving a broadside. She cannot brawl at all, even with other cruisers. You're rounds tend to overpen at close range. I see far more people misplaying the Kron then the other t9 premiums, and it took me a while to get used to it to.

However she is a monster if you play her right

Her radar gives her a very strong anti destroyer game. In the right situations she's a herculean feat to kill and she has Russian radar. If you know what you're doing you get the a ship that can play the support role of cruiser with all the combat efficiency of a battleship.

Edited by Chimera2
  • Bad 1

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
411 posts
2,513 battles

I took a gamble and picked it up.

It's a monster and prints credits.  It's my first Russian ship but I'm planning on grinding for Moskva now.  The durability and guns are amazing if you can leverage them right.  It is a crazy citadel machine if handled right.

First five games and 2400PR and 120K avg damage. 

Edited by FlakKnight