You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
LancerUlysses

Delay in purchase received New RN Boxes

11 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,185 posts
10,769 battles

I purchased 15 RN boxes of the new type for $60.00 in paypal funds. 

That was two hours ago. WG has not completed the transaction though there is a hold on the funds in PayPal in that amount for that transaction. 

Is there some kind of issue on WG's end? 

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
Just now, LancerUlysses said:

I purchased 15 RN boxes of the new type for $60.00 in paypal funds. 

That was two hours ago. WG has not completed the transaction though there is a hold on the funds in PayPal in that amount for that transaction. 

Is there some kind of issue on WG's end? 

I would open a ticket as the people here on the forum can't see any of that. Also the forum mods are very, very unlikely (getting hit by a meteor would probably be more likely) to have access to the premium shop purchase records.

• Cool 1

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
572 posts
1,195 battles

Amazon Pay has been down since the weekend at least, so perhaps they are having issues now as well with PayPal.  I was able to use PayPal last night for buying 10 guineas for $1, and even for just a buck, my credit card company that PayPal draws from sent me an email alert that a foreign transaction occurred.  Hope they don't cut me off as I was hoping to make some purchases this weekend.  I have never had  that kind of issue with Amazon Pay, so I'm bummed that it's not currently available, and many others are as well.

Edited by Bonfor
  • Cool 1

[TBOW]
Members
1,185 posts
10,769 battles
22 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I would open a ticket as the people here on the forum can't see any of that. Also the forum mods are very, very unlikely (getting hit by a meteor would probably be more likely) to have access to the premium shop purchase records.

Until WG attempts to process the payment, I have been asked to hold off on filing a ticket. 

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 minute ago, LancerUlysses said:

Until WG attempts to process the payment, I have been asked to hold off on filing a ticket. 

Ah

[TBOW]
Members
1,185 posts
10,769 battles

Seven hours on, WG has not processed the payment, nor sent me the boxes. I will check tomorrow morning. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,185 posts
10,769 battles

Ticket filed and resolved. In case anyone is wondering. the 15 boxes got me 13 of the 16 collection items, and 17 duplicates (2 items per box), trading the dupes @5 per one missing item completed the whole collection, and the 20 camos or dragon flags per box was an excellent value. I do recommend it. 

The overall collection netted me the right to fly two flags on each RN ship,  a commemorative flag and new camos for Haida and Lightning

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
7 hours ago, LancerUlysses said:

the 15 boxes got me 13 of the 16 collection items

You got a very good zero-duplicate drop rate. Without wishing to be too tinfoil-hattish, I suspect the RNG in these boxes is loaded towards the front end. Early buyers in all these events seem to get the best luck. 

I do not think I will buy any boxes. Once I win a standard RN box in game, I get a collection piece which will start the ball rolling. At the rate I am grinding the RN destroyers, the collection will autocomplete before I find myself needing the camo. If I were going away for three weeks and would miss the in-game stuff, I would buy a box to kick-start things; otherwise if the collection is all you want, there's no need to buy the boxes.

Of course if you thought the camos/flags were a good bargain for the price you paid, I'm not going to object. But that's your call, and I know others have begged to differ.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[TBOW]
Members
1,185 posts
10,769 battles
2 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You got a very good zero-duplicate drop rate. Without wishing to be too tinfoil-hattish, I suspect the RNG in these boxes is loaded towards the front end. Early buyers in all these events seem to get the best luck. 

I do not think I will buy any boxes. Once I win a standard RN box in game, I get a collection piece which will start the ball rolling. At the rate I am grinding the RN destroyers, the collection will autocomplete before I find myself needing the camo. If I were going away for three weeks and would miss the in-game stuff, I would buy a box to kick-start things; otherwise if the collection is all you want, there's no need to buy the boxes.

Of course if you thought the camos/flags were a good bargain for the price you paid, I'm not going to object. But that's your call, and I know others have begged to differ.

Not really, you see there are two items in each box, so I got 13 hits and 17 dupes from 30 item drops. But it was sufficient to complete a small (16 item) set. 

Cheers!

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
10 minutes ago, LancerUlysses said:

I got 13 hits

I still think 13/16 unique hits out of 30 items is pretty good. You could have got a whole lot more duplicates, but RNGesus smiled on you.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu