You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Random Thoughts from Deep R'lyeh: Once Upon a Time, a grinding PSA.

1 comment in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
7,055 posts
4,803 battles

Once upon a time, the XP requirements to move from Tier 1 to Tier 5 were higher than they are now.

Way back when, I was grinding the Svietlana. I was determined to be free-to-play and thus did not buy port slots for my growing fleet. So more important things came along and the Svietlana got sold off. 

That has all changed now, and so with quite a few slots open I decided I would buy her back, finish the grind and unlock the Kirov. So I did. Lo and behold, I had somewhere north of 11,000 XP on her from all my previous efforts (the game remembers, bless its cotton socks).

That much? Wow! I vaguely recalled a figure between 17,000 and 17,500 being necessary last time. Not that far to go.

So I opened the modules tab and checked the Kirov's research price.

11,000 XP.

Yep, I'm already there. I bought her back for nothing.

:Smile_teethhappy:

Now I am faced with grinding out half her purchase price to break even on my stupidity, before I sell her back for the rest (because I am that short on credits and need to watch every single one). This will not be hard. She's a fun ship in co-op, even stock with an untrained captain.

The moral of the story is - when you have a line you've previously abandoned at some low tier and you want to resume it, go to the ship one up from the one you last had and attempt to research it. You may be in for a pleasant surprise!

• Cool 1