You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Tyrannas

Midway vs Hak

4 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
3,316 battles

Looking for tips against Hak.  3 fighters is frustrating to go up against especially if enemy team stays in groups.  I find it very difficult to get a strike in without losing all of my planes.  4/2/2 is worse.

any advice on how to fight against Haks?

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
202 posts
5,522 battles

You have more planes in your air groups, plus you gain a benefit from dogfighting expert. You have to exploit these advantages. First you have to set up a good opening strafe on the first incoming fighter wave. You then at almost the same time need to either make a very quick strike against an enemy ship away from the fighters or withdraw the strike planes to a nearby friendly as cruiser. At this point your fighters should be executing the strafe you set. If it goes well engage/lock with what's left of the first fighters, begin moving your second group of fighters to help, and watch for the second wave to move in to strafe your first group of fighters. As soon as their second wave movesinto range, exit strafe into them. Repeat.

[OTG]
Beta Testers
580 posts
8,417 battles
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:46 AM, Tyrannas said:

Looking for tips against Hak.  3 fighters is frustrating to go up against especially if enemy team stays in groups.  I find it very difficult to get a strike in without losing all of my planes.  4/2/2 is worse.

any advice on how to fight against Haks?

Yes. Dont.

Even with all the buffs for fighters I have had figthers squads lose in non strafing combat ovet allied DDs.

Even if you are able to hold your own in the air they will still have the advantage of striking un abosed while your fighters are busy and will be able to perma spot your allied DDs. 

[TBOW]
Members
49 posts
2,879 battles

Ok, so all the advice everyone has given is good and may work if the enemy Hakuryu is bad. If he is a Unicum however you *never ever ever ever* strafe first. I cant emphasize this enough. Hakuryu planes are fast. they can easily dodge a strafe and counter strafe. In the same way you never want to exit strafe unless you know enemy CV is not paying attention or doesnt know how to counter exit strafe. If not he will click on the map to get his planes moving and strafe your exit strafe. My best advice would be to be patient. isolate his fighters and click fight them in 1v1 with second squad nearby for backup. If you can intercept the enemy torpedo bombers by predicting who he will attack your going to have an advantage on him since he doesnt have AP bombs. Now, if the enemy CV is one of those people who run 422 (rare as hell and I've never seen one in my 150 t10 CV games) just click and do more damage then the enemy cv. If he groups his fighters up you can annihilate them in one strafe. I suggest using the tactic of click engaging. Strafing with 2nd squad while exit strafing with the other. However this tactic again only works if enemy cv doesnt know how to counter exit strafe. To counter exit strafe which is what you should be doing if the enemy exit strafes out of a click fight. you click anywhere on the map and then strafe in the direction of the enemy fighters. if timed right you can decimate squads. You however have a very short time frame to do this in. Good luck with your adventures in midway. O7