You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

T11, T12 coming?

120 comments in this topic

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles

They specifically say Tier 12. 

I guess that is their solution to the perpetually profitable economy at T10? Make T11 and T12 with the new tiers having the meager economics they 

seem to desire in endgame. (aka you spend money on endgame, unlike now)

Edited by Cit_the_bed
  • Funny 1

[IXM]
Members
67 posts
1,311 battles

I suppose I wouldn't put this past WG. After all, they're running out of places to go with this game, WoT is on its last legs, and there are only so many high tier premiums they can lure people into. Personally I think it would be ridiculous, but I'm a bit surprised they haven't done it in WoT yet.

[KP]
Beta Testers
1,877 posts
11,483 battles

So long as my destroyer comes with guided missiles it should be fine

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,602 posts
2,086 battles

Sounds like he is saying " Tier 12 battle with only T10 ships"  as a new game mode?      Its hard to make out?     

• Cool 1

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles
Just now, RA6E_ said:

Sounds like he is saying " Tier 12 battle with only T10 ships"  as a new game mode?      Its hard to make out?     

Basically saying lower tiers won't see any more T10 ships as they will only be in T11/T12 battles. Basically T10 will become the new T8.

Members
3,478 posts
8,660 battles

I remember once suggested this in chat discussion about T10 MM on Mejash's live Twitch stream, but I was joking! 

Edited by MrKillmister

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester
1,602 posts
2,086 battles
Just now, Cit_the_bed said:

Basically saying lower tiers won't see any more T10 ships as they will only be in T11/T12 battles. Basically T10 will become the new T8.

Well that wouldn't be the case if there was no T11 or 12 ships? (which there isn't)      I'm just conjecturing but it sounds like a new mode for solely T10 play to me?   If they set a T12 battle limit it would only add t10 ships presently as +2/-2 Mm would apply    Which would help the T8 problem also as a good many T10s would play there?     I wouldn't panic just yet..... 

• Cool 1

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles
3 minutes ago, RA6E_ said:

Well that wouldn't be the case if there was no T11 or 12 ships? (which there isn't)      I'm just conjecturing but it sounds like a new mode for solely T10 play to me?   If they set a T12 battle limit it would only add t10 ships presently as +2/-2 Mm would apply    Which would help the T8 problem also as a good many T10s would play there?     I wouldn't panic just yet..... 

T12 Quad turret Yamato type with 20"  guns?   A-140J3 A-150?

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,076 battles

Battle tier is not the same as ship tier. There are more Battle tiers than ships tiers. Was a big deal in WOT

• Cool 4

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

Battle tier is not the same as ship tier. There are more Battle tiers than ships tiers. Was a big deal in WOT

If they want to change the end game economics to be less favorable, they have to add new tiers with new ships with less economical camos. There's no way to fix T10 to be a money sink like they want without an economic nerf which they said they won't do.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,076 battles
1 minute ago, Cit_the_bed said:

If they want to change the end game economics to be less favorable, they have to add new tiers with new ships with less economical camos. There's no way to fix T10 to be a money sink like they want without an economic nerf which they said they won't do.

No. Battle tiers have been in the game since the beginning. I may have a chart on it somewhere. Was a big deal in WOT

Battle tier 12 is just a battle that only has tier 10 ships. Battle tier 11 is a battle that only has tier 10 and 9 etc....

• Cool 4

[-K-]
Members
1,103 posts
7,614 battles
13 minutes ago, paradat said:

Exactly.  My understanding is that in WG speak, a T12 battle means only T10 ships.  A T11 battle means T9 and T10 ships, etc.  a T8 battle means T6-T8 ships.

I don't think we'll ever see any ships higher than T10.

• Cool 2

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
202 posts
5,522 battles

Additions to the US tech tree:

CA: T11 Boston, T12 Albany

CL: T11 Galveston, T12 Providence

CV: T11 Forrestall, T12 John F Kennedy

BBs would be entirely imaginary paper

DDs might as well be made of paper

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,076 battles
Just now, RightYouAreKen said:

Exactly.  My understanding is that in WG speak, a T12 battle means only T10 ships.  A T11 battle means T9 and T10 ships, etc.  a T8 battle means T6-T8 ships.

I don't think we'll ever see any ships higher than T10.

Yep same as Wot. It was way more simple in WOWS than it was in WOT at the beginning. In WOT you had whole groups to tanks that qualified for different battle tiers than other tanks of the same tiers. WOWS never did that so the term battle tier is not used much but it is part of the MM process.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
5,948 posts
9,842 battles

They really need to make the T10 economy harder. I can go total potato and even without gold camo I can make money or at least creak even. 

• Bad 1
  • Angry 1

[-K-]
Members
1,103 posts
7,614 battles
10 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yep same as Wot. It was way more simple in WOWS than it was in WOT at the beginning. In WOT you had whole groups to tanks that qualified for different battle tiers than other tanks of the same tiers. WOWS never did that so the term battle tier is not used much but it is part of the MM process.

Oh right, I forgot about that.  Don't light tanks have different MM tiers than medium and heavy tanks?  You might be in a T5 light tank in a T10 battle, for example?

Edit, yup...found a tanks MM spread spreadsheet from 0.7.5 (2012).  Wow, imagine in WOWS.

battle_chart_eng.jpg

Edited by RightYouAreKen

[RED]
Members
104 posts
9,337 battles
24 minutes ago, Amatsukaze_KaiNi said:

Is this where we get tomahawks now?

Tomahawks won’t help naval battle, you need harpoons, sunburn, exocet.

[5BS]
Members
4,993 posts

I feel it is inevitable, just like subs, to see higher tiers. Clearly there is a market for Warships (WoWs is apparently making more money than WoT's. Who knew?) and cold war era is filled with too many interesting designs to simple ignore them out of a stance of exclusion. Plus, it would give opportunity for nations who lacked appreciable WWI/WWII era equipment to have *real* ships of worthy inclusion/ability.

Edited by _RC1138
  • Cool 1

[CCF]
Members
87 posts
1,768 battles
35 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I prefer tier 8. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,697 posts
10,076 battles
Just now, RightYouAreKen said:

Oh right, I forgot about that.  Don't light tanks have different MM tiers than medium and heavy tanks?  You might be in a T5 light tank in a T9 battle, for example?

Yeah in the days before there were tier 10 lights the battle tiers were all over the place. WOT smoothed things out in a long series of buffs and nerfs some major, it streamlined what tier tanks participated in what battle tier. To the point that I bet most WOT player now may not even be aware of battle tier.

[5BS]
Members
4,993 posts
1 minute ago, Grand_Admiral_Murrel said:

Is this a good thing or a bad thing? I prefer tier 8. 

Bad for non-Cold War nations, good for Cold War Nations.

• Cool 1

Members
663 posts
7,781 battles
2 minutes ago, custer_14 said:

Tomahawks won’t help naval battle, you need harpoons, sunburn, exocet.

As expected but this is a game and was hoping (probably lol) that if we get these for an op mission like support ground forces and stuff...