You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ducky_shot

WG's inflation problem and how will it affect players?

84 comments in this topic

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,766 battles

So WG has an inflation problem. They first released the Missouri 2 years ago for the 750K FXP price. 
At that point in time, the only super economy flag was the Dragon flag and none of the super economy 
camos existed and neither did operations, which are by far the best way to farm FXP and ECXP. 

When the Missouri was released, its price was comparable to the amount of XP needed to grind out a 
T9 BB. Also at the time, 750k FXP was a lot for most people to get organically without paying for 
conversion. Since then we have gotten 3 more FXP ships. The Kronstadt and Musashi came in at the 
same 750k FXP price and the Nelson came for a comparable 375k FXP.

However we are now starting to hear rumblings that WG realizes that the economy is flooded and most 
veteran players are awash with FXP, Sub_Octavian alluded to it at Anchors Aweigh. We've gotten to 
about 10 super economy flags and 4 super economy camos (Type 59, Asian Lantern, Mosaic, and 
Spring Sky) and easy farming Operations since the Missouri was released. WG seems to realize that the
FXP economy is inflated, but yet they are the ones that are doing the inflating. They've added in all the 
extra ways to obtain FXP and ECXP. Now they are adding in a better premium account for Warships, 
further inflating the economy. Don't get me wrong, I like the all the ability they have given us to farm 
FXP and ECXP, but it does seem sort of hypocritical for them to complain about the FXP inflation 
when they are the reason for the inflation.

It also brings up another problem they will have if they start to increase the prices of FXP ships (if they
continue to release FXP ships). The price for a FXP ship has been comparable to the XP needed to get 
a ship of equal type and tier. If they start pricing the FXP ships higher, then they have 2 different XP 
price models going on, 1 for the tech tree ships and 1 for FXP ships. Do they not have a problem with 
FXP inflation when it comes to people unlocking tech tree ships? They have inflated the amount of 
FXP and are talking about changing the prices of FXP ships, so why is it any different for tech tree 
ships? It is therefore easier for people to accrue FXP and skip entire tech tree ships, modules and lines 
than it was 2 years ago when Missouri was released. But WG can't easily tweak the XP prices of tech 
tree ships as that would then require more games to be played to unlock modules and ships for newer 
players without access to much FXP, or revamp their entire XP system to allow them to change the 
price, but adjust the amount of XP earned to keep the grind time similar. But I personally don't think 
they can inflate the price of FXP ships and leave the tech tree ships alone.

So will we see the end of FXP ships in favor of coal going forward? Or perhaps a revamp of their 
whole XP system? Or will they just inflate the prices of FXP ships and leave the tech tree alone under 
inflated?

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 6

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,837 posts
6,973 battles

Better premium account? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,028 posts
10,703 battles
2 minutes ago, vak_ said:

Better premium account? 

65% instead of 50% earnings bonuses if you go for 'WOWS only' instead of 'WOWS/WOT/WOWP' premium:

• Cool 2

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,766 battles
1 minute ago, mofton said:

65% instead of 50% earnings bonuses if you go for 'WOWS only' instead of 'WOWS/WOT/WOWP' premium:

So you think they will adjust the xp prices of everything in the tech trees higher?? And leave the f2p players without the premium account languishing? 

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,766 battles
1 minute ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

It doesn't make them hypocrites, it makes them game designers instead of economists.

They have people who's job is economy balance. That's also why I said it's only sort of hypocritical. 

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

They have people who's job is economy balance

Do they …. do they really?

I thought it was all sales :)

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,028 posts
10,703 battles
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

So you think they will adjust the xp prices of everything in the tech trees higher?? And leave the f2p players without the premium account languishing? 

I don't know, I'd be surprised if they did play with the tech-tree XP prices. Going from 150% to 165% isn't a tremendous change in and of itself.

[ADAPT]
Members
834 posts
13,636 battles

The what?. I miss Miso because dont have enough FXP that time.. Now i starting to get 900k FXP. Dont know what to spend on.  got Musashi with coal. Not gona spend on  Kron for sure......

..after 2 year of playing..im normal i guess. Those who keep spending i dont know how much they have..zzzz..

Please WG slow down... Too much to take right now..

Edited by bandits86

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles

15 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

It doesn't make them hypocrites, it makes them game designers instead of economists.

You assume they're not designing their own game with intention … I can tell you for a fact that there is not a single Russian who does not know how black markets operate 

Here's a little tip: When you travel to another country, find out what the official exchange rate is at the airport … then go ask the street vendor on the corner for the unofficial rate.

If there's a difference, then someone is lying :)

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,059 posts
4,743 battles

they are running a country. and the inflation is rising.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,478 posts

If there even is an "inflation problem",  it's entirely of WG's own making, and they have no ground to stand on in terms of making the overall playerbase pay for their mistakes.

The classic example for me is the high rate of getting 'F'XP in Signal and Camo daily containers -- I didn't want 'F'XP when I picked that container, but I keep getting it instead of the Signals and Camos that I wanted.  And now, WG is telling me that they have a problem?  Too bad. 

• Cool 5

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

If there even is an "inflation problem",  it's entirely of WG's own making, and they have no ground to stand on in terms of making the overall playerbase pay for their mistakes.

The classic example for me is the high rate of getting 'F'XP in Signal and Camo daily containers -- I didn't want 'F'XP when I picked that container, but I keep getting it instead of the Signals and Camos that I wanted.  And now, WG is telling me that they have a problem?  Too bad. 

No, they're telling you that THEY don't want FXP anymore and that you should pay them in Coal or Steel … 

You can have all you want :)

Edited by Commander_367
  • Funny 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,478 posts
7 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

No, they're telling you that THEY don't want FXP anymore and that you should pay them in Coal or Steel … 

Jerking us around on in-game currencies isn't going to motivate me to play more battles or spend more real money... quite the contrary.

• Cool 7

[SVF]
Members
989 posts
1,362 battles
7 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

No, they're telling you that they don't want FXP anymore and that you should pay them in Coal or Steel 

If they don't want FXP anymore, then why are they having piles of 35000 FXP as a loot option in the paid Black Friday crates?

• Funny 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
25 minutes ago, landcollector said:

If they don't want FXP anymore, then why are they having piles of 35000 FXP as a loot option in the paid Black Friday crates?

38 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

• Bad 1

[FBXGC]
Members
197 posts
1,796 battles
53 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

You assume they're not designing their own game with intention … I can tell you for a fact that there is not a single Russian who does not know how black markets operate 

Here's a little tip: When you travel to another country, find out what the official exchange rate is at the airport … then go ask the street vendor on the corner for the unofficial rate.

If there's a difference, then someone is lying :)

Are you aware of how racist this sounds?

• Boring 2
  • Bad 6

[OO7]
Members
3,311 posts
9,766 battles
Just now, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

You are saying only 1 race lives in Russia? Are you stereotyping? 

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,950 posts
5,927 battles
2 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

To be fair, I think the harshest part is specifically naming Russians, true or otherwise. A much better and funnier example is Venezuela;

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-economy/venezuela-cuts-five-zeros-from-currency-as-economic-plan-sows-confusion-idUSKCN1L51H7

This... This is funny.

• Bad 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
21 minutes ago, HashtagYoloSwagChamp said:

Are you aware that I'm saying people who live in Russia are smarter because they live in a country that has had a thriving black market?

On the contrary, it's people in the US who know nothing of this activity or how it works 

Trolls need to be smarter :)

Edited by Commander_367

[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,732 battles
56 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Because they know players still assume that FXP is prime but WG has already moved to coal and steel. It's just like putting credits in those big ship packages and asking us to pay for it :)

Edited by sansfaille
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles
18 minutes ago, pewpewpew42 said:

To be fair, I think the harshest part is specifically naming Russians, true or otherwise. A much better and funnier example is Venezuela;

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-venezuela-economy/venezuela-cuts-five-zeros-from-currency-as-economic-plan-sows-confusion-idUSKCN1L51H7

This... This is funny.

I only said "Russian" because WG is made by Russians, you are correct and no, I'm not saying anything about race :)

• Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
989 posts
1,362 battles
2 minutes ago, sansfaille said:

Because they know players still assume that FXP is prime but WG has already moved to coal and steel. It's just like putting credits in those big ship packages and asking us to pay for it :)

I wouldn't be surprised if they really thought that, at this point.  What a disappointment.

[SOFOP]
Members
346 posts
4,467 battles

So basically, since I'll never hit 1m FXP or whatever......I shouldn't worry about it much and go ahead and skip the rest of my brutal Seattle grind for the Worchester :)

[-K-]
Supertester
3,120 posts
6,972 battles

I propose that we are allowed to pay a fee equal to 15,000 silver per ship rank per battle in order to guarantee +-1 matchmaking.  So if you’re in your tier 8 Kutuzov, you can check a box that means when you hit battle you pay 120,000 silver to guarantee a tier 7/8/9 battle. 

Credit inflation solved. 

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1