You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Soleluv

Impossible to win 50 battles in Twilight Battle

43 comments in this topic

[RNF]
Members
56 posts
7,709 battles

All with those [edited] and afks. Why this mode can be played for those players who just play 22 battles in random? They will not care anything just afk.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles
29 minutes ago, Soleluv said:

All with those idiots and afks. Why this mode can be played for those players who just play 22 battles in random? They will not care anything just afk.

Twilight Battle lasts for all of Patch 7.11, so at least until Dec 12th if not Dec 19th.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,478 posts
1 hour ago, Soleluv said:

All with those [edited] and afks. Why this mode can be played for those players who just play 22 battles in random? They will not care anything just afk.

I'm stunned that anyone can get through 50 battles in that mode, win or lose. 

I'd rather just delete the ships and keep the port slots, than get whatever comes out of Twilight Battles.  Ugh.

• Cool 1

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,059 posts
4,743 battles

all of that for a temporary rapustin ship and a achievement.

• Funny 2

[FARQD]
Members
447 posts
6,732 battles

I guess this mode is for having some fun. Not sure if I am missing something here but there are no rewards except for those ships? Maybe some good elite cmdr exp for those who dont have 19 point captains and doesn't affect your stats. Just chill and play it when you get bored of randoms (not that players there are any different) :D

Edited by sansfaille

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
1 hour ago, Soleluv said:

50 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

hidden

My stock of salt is now replenished. Thank you. 

• Funny 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

My stock of salt is now replenished. Thank you. 

We passed Dead Sea levels early on in this thread.

• Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
7,185 posts
4,880 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

We passed Dead Sea levels early on in this thread.

Dead Sea? Ha! We were on the Bonneville Salt Flats as soon as this started!

• Funny 1

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Perhaps Salar de Uyuni in size has been achieved.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,639 battles
6 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

• Cool 1

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

The Twilight Battles are perfect for Credit/XP grinding, as it's a Random mode rather than an Operations mode.

[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,790 battles

It seems like most people nowadays don't want to do anything unless they can get some reward for it. What ever happened to doing something just for the fun of it?

• Cool 1

[SOFOP]
Members
346 posts
4,467 battles
50 minutes ago, steelers_rule_2018 said:

hidden

and then you will complain that elite captain XP is hard to come by.....This mode is awesome for it.

• Cool 2

[5D2]
Members
7 posts
4,566 battles
6 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

It seems like most people nowadays don't want to do anything unless they can get some reward for it. What ever happened to doing something just for the fun of it?

WG would have to patch fun back into the game. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
3,478 posts
7 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

That requires the mode to be fun... if the mode isn't even fun (see, Twilight Battles), they expect to at least get something else out of playing it.

[PSP]
Members
6,687 posts
9,790 battles
7 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

That requires the mode to be fun... if the mode isn't even fun (see, Twilight Battles), they expect to at least get something else out of playing it.

I've played a few Twilight battles with each ship type offered and have had quite a bit of fun so far.

Edited by Snargfargle

[SOFOP]
Members
346 posts
4,467 battles
8 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

You get free premium ships, with 19 point captains, with perfect matchmaking, and all the captain Xp you get is free to be used on any captain you wish.  You also get the daily missions done.

Even if you don't find the mode fun (I find it better than the subs for sure), it isn't like its a complete waste of time.

[WPP]
Members
624 posts
6,231 battles
50 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Because it's not fun enough to warrant doing.

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles
48 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

is Battleship Rasputin permanent? if it's not (which i think so), what's the point?

To get the achievement and to get a screenshot saying that you did it.

24 minutes ago, r0s1w3d2stnlc said:

I don't think it is.  It says all Halloween ships will be removed with next patch.

Yes, patch 7.2 removes the Halloween ships and Cmdrs. Dec 12th or 19th depending on if 7.11 is 3 weeks or 4 weeks long.

[-TKS-]
Members
337 posts
6,893 battles

this is a troll thread right? my radar is on cool down so not sure. its been live for like 10 hours ........God i hope its a troll thread.

[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
3,420 posts
6,203 battles

Twilight battles? When did they introduce Vampires into the game?

how-twilight-should-ended.jpg

[A_51]
Members
383 posts
14,060 battles

Impossible to win 50 games?  Hardly.  Assume 15 minutes per game (it's probably shorter), and that gives you 12 1/5 hours of play.  Assume you only win 75% of the games (that is probably a very low estimate - the difficulty doesn't seem high at all based on my three games so far).  That gives you app. 15 1/5 hours of play.  Over a one week period, that's a little over two hours per day.  A lot of people play more than that.  Of course, the question becomes whether you want to spend this much time playing Twilight Battle, but that is a matter of personal preference.  Personally, I like stocking up and free commander experience.  I've accumulated almost 400K free commander experience already from the Halloween event.  And now it's possible to use flags to boost free commander experience even more, which wasn't an option with the earlier Halloween scenarios.  Whether I'll decide to play enough to earn the Rasputin is another story, but's it's certainly doable.