You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
evilleMonkeigh

Should WoWs Dev Blogs automatically be made available on their own forums as well as FB?

Should WoWs Dev Blogs automatically also be made available to WoWs forums?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Should WG post Dev Blog/balance changes to their own forums? Or are you OK with being expected to go to Facebook to find out WoWs info?

• WG should post the Dev Blog on their own forums, as well as Facebook.
    • I'm fine with going to Facebook.
    • I don't have an opinion but I wanna vote anyway/bacon! etc

41 comments in this topic

[TF57]
Members
1,352 posts
4,050 battles

I'm not a fan of having to use Facebook to find out WoWs news. After all, WG has a perfectly good official forum and reposting it can't be too tricky, can it?

I mean, why not have both?

I see this complaint quite a lot whenever dev blog stuff is reposted by members of the forum. "FB privacy settings etc" "I don't use FB" etc.

Why not cater to all audiences, or is it too onerous a task?

There seems no reason why WG themselves cannot/will not post up dev blog updates officially under "news" or whatever where it can be reliably found. It's certainly newsworthy.

As someone who rarely ventures on FB, if it's not on the front page of general discussion, I know I won't see it.

Edited by evilleMonkeigh
  • Cool 5

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles
3 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Definitely needs to be posted here.

It is. Repeatedly.

[TARFU]
[TARFU]
Members
1,032 posts
6,450 battles

Someone makes a thread about it within a few minutes of it being posted. But it does seem a little wonky now that i think about it.

[TF57]
Members
1,352 posts
4,050 battles

It is. Repeatedly.

So... it's too unreasonable to expect WG to repost Dev Blog stuff on their own forums, in an official section?

We should be grateful for the chance to catch news when it is on the front page of general discussion? WG should expect to rely on random forum members to do basic communications on their own platform?

Doesn't seem like a difficult, or unreasonable request.

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
344 posts
6,988 battles

Consolidation of any official communications would help. Any and all feedback of their news articles is on the forum now. Why not this as well?

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,933 posts
5,426 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

It is. Repeatedly.

Not by WG.  Their communication plan shouldn’t be dependent on customer word of mouth.

Especially since, occasionally, the customers choose to repost only the parts they care about, not reposting things that other people might be interested in.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
1 minute ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

So... it's too unreasonable to expect WG to repost Dev Blog stuff on their own forums, in an official section?

We should be grateful for the chance to catch news when it is on the front page of general discussion? WG should expect to rely on random forum members to do basic communications on their own platform?

Doesn't seem like a difficult, or unreasonable request.

But, but, then we can't race to see who will post if first. :Smile_hiding: 

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Funny 2

[TF57]
Members
1,352 posts
4,050 battles

But, but, then we can't race to see who will post if first

Your work is appreciated. But player PSAs don't always remain on the front page long (unless they contain a proposed BB nerf :cap_rambo:)

An official, stickied location where they can reliably be found would be appreciated.

Edited by evilleMonkeigh
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[WGA]
Administrator
747 posts
309 battles

We genuinely appreciate your feedback on this.  The Dev Blog is definitely for those who are very highly engaged with our development process and understanding what's coming down the pipeline earlier than the average player.  We do encourage you to follow it or the main World of Warships Facebook page where we do highlight that content.  

While there aren't plans to repost these to the forums at this time,  we are always looking for ways to highlight the more exciting content the development team is sharing and do want to hear your suggestions!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
11 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Your work is appreciated. But player PSAs don't always remain on the front page long (unless they contain a proposed BB nerf :cap_rambo:)

An official, stickied location where they can reliably be found would be appreciated.

True. I have been posting them in our Clan news section as well. Having a forum dedicated to the Dev blog would be good. hint, hint @Radar_X :)

[HINON]
Supertester
19,657 posts
13,234 battles
21 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

Please show me where I claimed that.

• Boring 1

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
30 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Definitely needs to be posted here.

Yep it should have its own folder here on the forum. 

[HINON]
Members
9,355 posts
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Please show me where I claimed that.

Hmm if I turn it upside down, invert the color scheme, count to 99 . . o wow I didn't know that was who really killed JFK.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
19,183 battles
3 hours ago, Radar_X said:

We genuinely appreciate your feedback on this.  The Dev Blog is definitely for those who are very highly engaged with our development process and understanding what's coming down the pipeline earlier than the average player.  We do encourage you to follow it or the main World of Warships Facebook page where we do highlight that content.  

While there aren't plans to repost these to the forums at this time,  we are always looking for ways to highlight the more exciting content the development team is sharing and do want to hear your suggestions!

After over 3 years of being in this game this is one of the "little" things that irritates me to no end. It's so common sense no brainer to have a sub section for the Dev blog on the forum where they are all posted in sequential order. I SMH every time I see that somebody has to copy and paste from a secondary source to the "Official" Warships forum.

[edited]

Edited by turbo07
  • Cool 1

[TF57]
Members
1,352 posts
4,050 battles

@Radar_X

I appreciate your response, but (without wanting to be argumentative)

We genuinely appreciate your feedback on this.  The Dev Blog is definitely for those who are very highly engaged with our development process and understanding what's coming down the pipeline earlier than the average player. 

Wouldn't a forum user (who regularly logs on to forums to discuss WoWs) also be more engaged than the average player?

While there aren't plans to repost these to the forums at this time,  we are always looking for ways to highlight the more exciting content the development team is sharing

It surely wouldn't be too difficult to repost FB stuff (after all, forum users do it unofficially all the time)...    ....but merely in an official, stickied area like news articles?

Wouldn't this also highlight content for people who do not access FB i.e. reach out to more of your player base?

Are there official reasons why it can't be done by say NA forum staff? (management wants more likes/connection on FB, or something?)

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
940 posts
7,720 battles
19 minutes ago, evilleMonkeigh said:

It surely wouldn't be too difficult to repost FB stuff (after all, forum users do it unofficially all the time)...    ....but merely in an official, stickied area like news articles?

Wouldn't this also highlight content for people who do not access FB i.e. reach out to more of your player base?

Are there official reasons why it can't be done by say NA forum staff? (management wants more likes/connection on FB, or something?)

Agreed.    And given the average age of your player base, do you think scatter-shot distribution is the best approach?    Forum post here, Facebook post there, a little something over on Reddit, and don't forget the Twitter feeds!    I guess you could add a fifth source with the main website.

Most of us don't go to five different stores to pick up five different items (except for my brother-in-law - where saving a penny or two outweighs the gas needed to drive there).

I'm ok if you go with the five distribution sources.   Just make all of the content available on them.     For me and a lot of folks, this is our primary source.

Members
136 posts
1,932 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

The Dev Blog is definitely for those who are very highly engaged with our development process and understanding what's coming down the pipeline earlier than the average player.  We do encourage you to follow it or the main World of Warships Facebook page where we do highlight that content.  

I'd like to make a suggestion for a way to highlight the more exciting content the development team is sharing.  Post the Dev Blog on the World of Warships official forums.

I would think the people on the forums are just as engaged and eager for WG Dev Blogs but that could just be me......

• Funny 1

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
876 posts
63 battles

Information gets disseminated so fast it doesn't matter. Stuntman must have a script that pings him when it is updated. :cap_win:

[-V1-]
Members
198 posts
5,048 battles

This Forum, as I understand it,  is an officially sanctioned WoW's site.   It would seem logical that this should be the "Go To Site" for all things relating to WoW's.  I can understand the game wishing to cast a wide net on Twitter, Facebook, and all the other sites in an attempt to snare in additional players/customers.   But this site should contain everything about the development, future plans, problems, suggestions and everything else relating to this game.   By doing that it would also give WoW's better control of information while reducing the misinformation and being respectful of the time your players/clients/customers expend because of their love and enjoyment of this game.   After all, all the time spent visiting all the current sites is time that we are not playing and spending in YOUR game!

Just the musings of an old man and player!

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
414 posts
2,516 battles
1 hour ago, Radar_X said:

I don't use Facebook because it's a nightmare for privacy and future career aspirations on top of being a time vampire.  I realize it's not your platform but I do wish you would appreciate the fact that Facebook is all opportunity for companies and all risk for individuals so some of us don't bother wasting our time in the first place.

Multichannel is the future.

[-S-R-]
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
414 posts
2,516 battles

Also what if instead of posting daily about things like which of the two ship's dads would win in a fight, Gneisenau actually posted relevant WoWS content here like dev blogs? :Smile_trollface:

Edited by FlakKnight