Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Steel Price for Bourgogne

14 comments in this topic

Members
0 posts

30k steel just seems a little steep, no? That's more than Stalingrad was, and although people do want this ship, I don't see nearly as much hype for it as there was for the Stalin. So why such an expensive price tag? That's going to take at least 4 seasons of CB for an Alsace with reload boost..

[SVF]
Members
988 posts
1,341 battles
17 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

So why such an expensive price tag?

It's a T10 BB, and those must be more expensive than a T10 "cruiser".  General WG pricing model.

• Bad 1

[STW]
Members
299 posts
6,760 battles

30k steel price tag due to more way to gain steel in the future so obviously WG is planning ahead. Same rise in price tag will most likely occur with free xp ships too.

Edited by Robinhood_
  • Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,495 posts
3,803 battles
11 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

30k steel price tag due to more way to gain steel in the future so obviously WG is planning ahead. Same rise in price tag will most likely occur with free xp ships too.

:Smile_great:

Members
0 posts
46 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

I'm not hip to the new beat- what are the new ways to gain steel in the future?

[STW]
Members
299 posts
6,760 battles
8 minutes ago, pinkship9001 said:

I'm not hip to the new beat- what are the new ways to gain steel in the future?

There will be missions that on completion you will gain steel,not 100%sure how it work.

[FTH]
[FTH]
Members
301 posts
11,544 battles

I thin they said it would be reminiscent of the Royal Navy style, with directives to complete or campaigns similar to the New Years one last year (or is that this year)

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
26 minutes ago, Robinhood_ said:

There will be missions that on completion you will gain steel,not 100%sure how it work.

One thing is for certain, the steel rewards will remain small unless you play Clan Wars or Ranked and since they pay out in the hundreds of steel, I expect far less than that in the missions they are talking about. 
Steel was added to entice players into the competitive modes where many did not want to play and to reward competitive players who did not want to grind all the way to the top of the heap but still wanted the reward ships that were the prizes. In other words to keep average/below average but competitive players engaged. I wouldn't expect more than 500ish total steel from the event, probably a bit less. They want to whet your appetite for more is all. 

[WOLFB]
Members
2,765 posts
5,358 battles

Yeah unless they drastically change the steel model I do not see myself getting this. I am just happy they didn’t make the Alaska steel 

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,056 posts
4,725 battles

why i would want to buy an overpriced jean bart?steel is my precious.

[OPG]
Members
4,081 posts
5,849 battles
1 hour ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I am just happy they didn’t make the Alaska steel 

Has that been confirmed?  I strongly suspect the Alaska will be a Free XP ship, but as far as I know it's not been officially announced as of yet.  I would be absolutely shocked if she were a steel ship.....but it's not official until it's official.  

Edited by yashma

[WOLFB]
Members
2,765 posts
5,358 battles

I agree I just do t thing WG will toss 2 new ships up for steel. But it’s WG so I guess you never know. 

Sign in to follow this