Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Xanthro

Please Change Preventative Maintenance To show it works

8 comments in this topic

[DENY]
Members
249 posts
6,941 battles

Right now, Preventative Maintenance reduces the chances of a module being knocked out our destroyed by 30%, or higher if you have a special captain, but after playing scores of matches with and without the skill, and with and without points in the captains who have specialized skill for PM, I don't see it providing any use at all.

The number of modules is not less, in fact, it's usually more when I have the skill.

So, please change the skill so that it reflects when it is being used. Just provide a notification that a module would have been damaged, but PM kicked in and saved the module. That way, we know the skill is working, as opposed to now, where we hope it is working, but numbers don't really seem to reflect that.

• Cool 4

[WOLFB]
Members
1,819 posts
8,751 battles

PM is mainly used on DD but DD modules are so easy to break if you're being shot at by CA or BB. But in DD gunfight, I do feel a slight difference between having PM and not having it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
36 minutes ago, Xanthro said:

Right now, Preventative Maintenance reduces the chances of a module being knocked out our destroyed by 30%, or higher if you have a special captain, but after playing scores of matches with and without the skill, and with and without points in the captains who have specialized skill for PM, I don't see it providing any use at all.

The number of modules is not less, in fact, it's usually more when I have the skill.

So, please change the skill so that it reflects when it is being used. Just provide a notification that a module would have been damaged, but PM kicked in and saved the module. That way, we know the skill is working, as opposed to now, where we hope it is working, but numbers don't really seem to reflect that.

This actually makes sense. It does seem like modules are constantly being destroyed, showing when the skill kicked in to protect them would provide a bit of good feedback in a bad situation (ie getting shot at). +1 for a good suggestion!

[HINON]
Members
9,317 posts

Also bear in mind only main batteries, torp tubes, steering, and engines benefit from it. Basically the modules that can be disabled instead of just destroyed. Aa and secondaries see no benefit.

Edited by RipNuN2

[PVE]
Members
10,784 posts
7,940 battles
17 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Also bear in mind only main batteries, torp tubes, steering, and engines benefit from it. Basically the modules that can be disabled instead of just destroyed. Aa and secondaries see no benefit.

This^^

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
338 posts
4,771 battles
4 hours ago, Xanthro said:

PM, I don't see it providing any use at all.

I began using this skill on the unique Russian captain assigned to the Minsk and I saw enough improvement that I dropped Last stand. I also use this on Roon, or other ships where I am confident enough to not use Priority target. I admit, It feels risky compared to the hand holding of PT.

Edited by skillztowin

[POP]
Members
891 posts
10,361 battles
4 hours ago, Xanthro said:

We need to see R2 units out on the decks making repairs..
tumblr_n6h0uux18D1rsrbdko1_500.gif

[ICOP]
Members
992 posts
3,604 battles
49 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Interesting, I originally thought it was for all, thanks!  It opens up an interesting idea PM combined with a certain slot 1 upgrade.

Sign in to follow this