You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Premium Captains

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
424 posts
9,687 battles

Just a thought, we have lots of premium ships that can take any Captain, why not a Premium Captain that can go on any ship (without retraining) and can be re-specced for very little silver to try different builds?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,964 posts
18,844 battles
Just now, hexeris said:

Just a thought, we have lots of premium ships that can take any Captain, why not a Premium Captain that can go on any ship (without retraining) and can be re-specced for very little silver to try different builds?

It has been discussed by players many times but never (to my knowledge) has Wargaming made any statement about it. There is hope though since there are many captains now in the game that can be moved to different nation's ships. The new Russian/US hockey guy, the ARP/IJN/Dragon captains, and the HSF ones. I wouldn't be surprised if a real premium captain was introduced although not sure about the respec' idea would get traction. Surely a captain that could move around to different tech tree ships would be borderline OP anyways. 

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
2 minutes ago, hexeris said:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Unique_Commanders

Besides the Cmdrs with special abilities, there are two Ovechkin Cmdrs that can go on US or RU ships. Akeno Misaki (HSF) can go on IJN or HSF Graf Spee. Thea Kreutzer (HSF) can go on German or HSF Harakaze.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,593 posts
13,635 battles

How about a special syringe/plunger that can suck the skill points out of one captain's brain and inject them into another?

I'm totally serious :)

[UFFA]
[UFFA]
Members
876 posts
63 battles
10 minutes ago, Commander_367 said:

How about a special syringe/plunger that can suck the skill points out of one captain's brain and inject them into another?

I'm totally serious :)

It's been asked before to be able to melt the captains for training points. I think at this point everyone has barracks littered with 10 point reward captains/premium bundle captains?

[PVE]
Members
10,863 posts
7,982 battles
Just now, Sparviero said:

It's been asked before to be able to melt the captains for training points. I think at this point everyone has barracks littered with 10 point reward captains/premium bundle captains?

Only for the RU Cmdrs, although if the oft rumored RU BBs ever get released, I will need more RU Cmdrs.

Members
60 posts
7,132 battles

I don't think the premium captain that can go on any ships without paying the cost will ever happen.  It's not to WG's benefit to do so.  In my opinion, there are couple of reasons:

1. To get the full skills, you will need to pay doubloons.  That's money making source for WG.

2. After paying the 200k credits to allow your captain to function at half capacity, you still need to play a few games to bring the captain up to par, that means every time you play to get the captain fully functional, you are contributing to be active in queue.  That means more people playing and helps reduce the queue time.  

I think these 2 reasons alone kills off any chance of having a premium captain. 

Of course, WG could in theory come up with a premium captain subscription service, similar to premium time that will let you have a captain or two that can transfer to any ship at full functional capacity.  But then you will have another player group screaming and b**ching about pay to win thing.  With that in mind, WG will probably just keep everything as it is and not have to deal with the hassle.

[SALVO]
Members
17,714 posts
18,486 battles
1 hour ago, hexeris said:

You're basically describing a captain that would just about destroy the entire captain system.  So I think that it's HIGHLY unlikely to ever get introduced.