You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Thanos_Snap_

(Rant)Black Friday Crate premium ships are completely redundant.

89 comments in this topic

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
80 posts
4,353 battles

Can someone please clarify if I am wrong about this.

From the way I am reading the update notes, anyone who receives the ship drop from these crates will receive a unique instance of Atago (I will use Atago as the example throughout this post). Who's only defining characteristic is a differently colored permacamo from the default.
WHY?!?!
What does this accomplish? What on earth could have stopped Wargaming from just gifting a regular Atago that has a new unique permacamo? We've already seen It's not impossible for ships to have multiple kinds of permacamo. I have the anniversary camo for Atago already, not to mention the existence of Sharks v Eagles and Halloween camos for other ships as well.

Are you telling me it was less effort for Wargaming to create a duplicate Atago with a different name and different default camo, rather than just gift an Atago with a new camo added?

This is ridiculous. Not only will previous owners of these ships have to transfer commanders to play this ship (yes I know it's still free, but it's still annoying to HAVE to do that JUST to see that camo in battle.)
But now we also have to spend the not-cheap amount of credits to outfit the upgrades to this unwanted duplicate ship. 

Wargaming wouldn't even have to give compensation doubloons for previous owners in my book if they don't want to. I would be totally fine with that if it meant I didn't have to have THREE Atago clones in my port!

• Cool 13
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,117 posts
4,715 battles

The black permacamo has better rewards, though I completely agree it should just be a camo that can be swapped.

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
80 posts
4,353 battles
1 minute ago, KingCakeBaby said:

The black permacamo has better rewards.

If you are going off the Shadow lurker values, there is nothing in the update notes that indicates that these B ships have shadow lurker values. Besides it's very common for consumable camos to be better than permacamos. And even if they were better than default permacamo for their respective ships, that doesn't justify making a separate ship. When they could have just as easily gifted the regular premium ship with the unique permacamo. 

[FADES]
[FADES]
Members
178 posts
4,417 battles

They did this in World of Tanks 2 or 3 years ago, IS-6B, T-34B, etc...same tank with an all black camo, but it counts as an entirely different tank (stats-wise and in your garage).  After much complaining, I think they offered a black camo "upgrade" for existing owners (maybe not, been a while) to change theirs to black versions.  Seems like a blatant cash-grab to me.

Edited by digitaljustice
  • Cool 2

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
80 posts
4,353 battles
1 minute ago, fireraiserbr said:

i think you would receive only the camo, not the ship

I certainly hope so but the unique names of these ships tells me otherwise. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
12 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

The black permacamo has better rewards, though I completely agree it should just be a camo that can be swapped.

This is not true, was a rumor when they first announced the black ships because people where confusing the permanent black camo bonuses with the one use black camo bonuses. Wargaming put this rumor to rest by stating that the new permanent black camos for the ships would have identical stats as the standard camos. 

The ships are identical to their normal versions except the black color only BUT that makes them different ships according to Wargaming so hence the "B" designation.

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,570 posts
13,580 battles
3 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

This is not true, was a rumor when they first announced the black ships because people where confusing the permanent black camo bonuses with the one use black camo bonuses. Wargaming put this rumor to rest by stating that the new permanent black camos for the ships would have identical stats as the standard camos. 

The ships are identical to their normal versions except the black color only BUT that makes them different ships according to Wargaming so hence the "B" designation.

Oh,

… and here I thought the "B" was for "Bullship" :)

• Funny 2

[SFS]
Beta Testers
25 posts
4 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

They did this in World of Tanks 2 or 3 years ago, IS-6B, T-34B, etc...same tank with an all black camo, but it counts as an entirely different tank (stats-wise and in your garage).  After much complaining, I think they offered a black camo "upgrade" for existing owners (maybe not, been a while) to change theirs to black versions.  Seems like a blatant cash-grab to me.

i got those 3 black tanks in a mission with no money , and i hav'nt any non black version of them

[FADES]
[FADES]
Members
178 posts
4,417 battles
1 minute ago, fireraiserbr said:

i got those 3 black tanks in a mission with no money , and i hav'nt any non black version of them

I know they also sold them too, there might have been missions to get them and the black camo's, not sure.

[OPRAH]
Beta Testers
4,121 posts
13,380 battles

Its free but go ahead and feel free to complain freely for getting something for free since no matter what it was someone would be complain simply because they they are free to freely complain about anything any time they care to!

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Bad 11

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
80 posts
4,353 battles
1 minute ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Its free but go ahead and feel free to complain freely for getting something for free since no matter what it was someone would be complain simply because they they are free to freely complain about anything any time they care to!

Wow it's like you didn't even read the post. I would love to get a black friday skin for these ships. The problem is I ALREADY OWN THEM. And the way WG has poorly implemented this means I am forced to take a duplicate ship in my port that costs credits to outfit JUST to see a skin that they could have easily just added to the already existing ship's permacamo lineup. This is not complaining about getting stuff for free. This is just a poorly implemented way to sell black friday crates. But by all means continue thinking that you have the moral high ground in this by not complaining about something that is OBJECTIVELY poorly implemented.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
4 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Umm they are not free unless you win one in a crate. They are selling the black ships for actual money and selling the crates for actual money. If Wargaming wants to be free of complaints, best not to participate in the free market and just stay in their "safe space". But by all means, complain about people complaining...... Nothing ironic about that... 

• Cool 5

[CSALT]
Members
261 posts
34 minutes ago, Lethal_Discharge said:

Can someone please clarify if I am wrong about this.

From the way I am reading the update notes, anyone who receives the ship drop from these crates will receive a unique instance of Atago (I will use Atago as the example throughout this post). Who's only defining characteristic is a differently colored permacamo from the default.
WHY?!?!
What does this accomplish? What on earth could have stopped Wargaming from just gifting a regular Atago that has a new unique permacamo? We've already seen It's not impossible for ships to have multiple kinds of permacamo. I have the anniversary camo for Atago already, not to mention the existence of Sharks v Eagles and Halloween camos for other ships as well.

Are you telling me it was less effort for Wargaming to create a duplicate Atago with a different name and different default camo, rather than just gift an Atago with a new camo added?

This is ridiculous. Not only will previous owners of these ships have to transfer commanders to play this ship (yes I know it's still free, but it's still annoying to HAVE to do that JUST to see that camo in battle.)
But now we also have to spend the not-cheap amount of credits to outfit the upgrades to this unwanted duplicate ship. 

Wargaming wouldn't even have to give compensation doubloons for previous owners in my book if they don't want to. I would be totally fine with that if it meant I didn't have to have THREE Atago clones in my port!

Look at it this way.  You could now have two of each kind if ship in your inventory setup for different things.  Maybe have an AA build tripitz or something.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
16 minutes ago, digitaljustice said:

I don't see it as a "blatant cash grab".  Frankly, too many people trot out this lame rant.  Enough to make me question whether they're pinkos at heart.  :Smile-_tongue:

Regardless, it seems to me that they could have just given away/sold the black camo by itself, and perhaps given it better benefits than the normal Atago perma-camo.  I don't like these duplicate versions of the same ship.  My gripe goes back to last Christmas when I won a second Graf Spee in a Santa Box.  Because it's a separate instance of the same ship, it counts as a different ship in your post.  But also, in the Santa Box algorithm, because it's a "different" ship, it's not ignored and the algorithm doesn't look for a ship that you actually do not have.  And IMO, that rather stinks.

• Boring 1

[FADES]
[FADES]
Members
178 posts
4,417 battles
7 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

They will also be SELLING the Black Friday premium containers, so while you will be able to get a few of them Standard BF Containers free from missions, many people will buy the Premium ones.

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
80 posts
4,353 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

Look at it this way.  You could now have two of each kind if ship in your inventory setup for different things.  Maybe have an AA build tripitz or something.

A bright side to this yes, but not exactly completely justifiable since premium ships already come with free captains transfers

[CSALT]
Members
261 posts
4 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Umm they are not free unless you win one in a crate. They are selling the black ships for actual money and selling the crates for actual money. If Wargaming wants to be free of complaints, best not to participate in the free market and just stay in their "safe space". But by all means, complain about people complaining...... Nothing ironic about that... 

What black ships are they selling?  The only ones I saw, were the ones from the crates and these are separate to the shadow lurker cammo.  I don't even see where they say the ships from the crates will be black, just that they'll have a unique pattern.

Edited by Gunga_Dinner
fix spelling

[FADES]
[FADES]
Members
178 posts
4,417 battles
3 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I don't see it as a "blatant cash grab".  Frankly, too many people trot out this lame rant.  Enough to make me question whether they're pinkos at heart.  :Smile-_tongue:

Regardless, it seems to me that they could have just given away/sold the black camo by itself, and perhaps given it better benefits than the normal Atago perma-camo.  I don't like these duplicate versions of the same ship.  My gripe goes back to last Christmas when I won a second Graf Spee in a Santa Box.  Because it's a separate instance of the same ship, it counts as a different ship in your post.  But also, in the Santa Box algorithm, because it's a "different" ship, it's not ignored and the algorithm doesn't look for a ship that you actually do not have.  And IMO, that rather stinks.

I am saying it seems like a "blatant cash grab" to me, because they have to do very little to turn already existing Premium ships into another one with Black/Dark Gray camo and sell it/give it away as an entirely different premium ship.  Along with the Premium BF Container sales, I would not be surprised if they sold the black camo Premium ships by themselves.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,962 posts
18,838 battles
1 minute ago, Gunga_Dinner said:

What black ships are they selling?  The only ones I saw were the ones from the crates and thise are separate to the lurker cammo.  I don't even say where they say the shipa from the crates will be black, just that they'll have a unique pattern.

Not sure I remember all of them but Tirpitz and Atago for sure are on the list. There will be a chance of getting one of the ships from the crates, guessing somewhere around 1%-3% chance if the current crate system numbers are used. They will also be selling the black ships in the premium shop, unsure about selling them for doubloons on the tech tree though. The wording about the crate prize ships is odd as always, they will be the black ships as nothing else with unique camo patterns was announced... I think it is a translation thing.. 

[HAIFU]
[HAIFU]
Members
80 posts
4,353 battles
Just now, fireraiserbr said:

premium store is close to me for next 5 years, since they screw me on the I7 processor

Off topic, but what are you talking about. I am running an i7 processor and I have had no technical issues like that.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,570 posts
13,580 battles
25 minutes ago, CAPTMUDDXX said:

Actually, I thought the same thing when I saw the Tachibana and Marblehead "Lima" camos …  

It was so strange I figured it must be for a good reason - maybe some licensing thing

This had better not be a trend to screw over collectors with the same ship over and over :)

Edited by Commander_367

[SFS]
Beta Testers
25 posts
5 minutes ago, Lethal_Discharge said:

Off topic, but what are you talking about. I am running an i7 processor and I have had no technical issues like that.

EXTRAVAGAnza something, when they launched the 1.0 version, a contest

i had no life 2 weeks to get in first 150 in north america and they ddint get me any processor

giving that i average 700$ a  year on this stupid company, i decided i will buy not a new processor, but a new computer only with money i wont pay to them