You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Alle

Yueyang nerf is just wrong

17 comments in this topic

[-TNG-]
Members
2 posts
4,562 battles

WG in it's infinite wisdom has decided to nerf the Yueyang again? This is just a flat bad decision. It takes a different strategy to keep the Yueyang effective. You can't play it like other boats. DWT don't hit DD's so you have to rely on your positioning and Guns.

The Yueyang is outgunned by other DD's. Yueyang can't hit other DD's  with torpedoes while having to dodge all those DD's torps fired at them. Other DD's have a lower detection then the Yueyang. Yes I'll grant you that the Yueyang stands well in most stats. Now your dropping the guns Rate of Fire by 33% and raising  the already long reload time of it's torpedoes by 15%. It's smoke screen has already been nerfed in a previous update. This will hamstring a good boat into a Port Queen.

WG should really look at the comparison of what the Yueyang will be...and compare it to the updated VIII Cossack

I will be more then happy to point out a couple of facts.

Yueyang VS Cossack in a fight.

Both DD's can put the same number of shells into the air in one minute.   

Cossack has lower detection then Yueyang

Cossack torpedo reload is more then 2x as fast. Also the Cossack's are not DWT so they can hit DD's. with a torp detection range of 1.3k 

Cossack turrets will rotate at practically the same speed

There are more points that could be made

What is boils down to is that now the Tier X Yueyang in comparison to the Tier VIII Cossack really has only 3 small advantages. 1 Larger health pool. 2 the ability to slot Radar Consumable (optional, at the expense of losing smoke). 3 longer ranged/speed of torpedo (which can't hit DD's). 

The changes that WG decided to go with. Has effectively reduced the combat effectiveness of the Yueyang by atleast 25%. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 3

[AXANR]
Members
3,370 posts
16,812 battles
54 minutes ago, Alle said:

WG in it's infinite wisdom has decided to nerf the Yueyang again? This is just a flat bad decision. It takes a different strategy to keep the Yueyang effective. You can't play it like other boats. DWT don't hit DD's so you have to rely on your positioning and Guns.

The Yueyang is outgunned by other DD's. Yueyang can't hit other DD's  with torpedoes while having to dodge all those DD's torps fired at them. Other DD's have a lower detection then the Yueyang. Yes I'll grant you that the Yueyang stands well in most stats. Now your dropping the guns Rate of Fire by 33% and raising  the already long reload time of it's torpedoes by 15%. It's smoke screen has already been nerfed in a previous update. This will hamstring a good boat into a Port Queen.

WG should really look at the comparison of what the Yueyang will be...and compare it to the updated VIII Cossack

I will be more then happy to point out a couple of facts.

Yueyang VS Cossack in a fight.

Both DD's can put the same number of shells into the air in one minute.   

Cossack has lower detection then Yueyang

Cossack torpedo reload is more then 2x as fast. Also the Cossack's are not DWT so they can hit DD's. with a torp detection range of 1.3k 

Cossack turrets will rotate at practically the same speed

There are more points that could be made

What is boils down to is that now the Tier X Yueyang in comparison to the Tier VIII Cossack really has only 3 small advantages. 1 Larger health pool. 2 the ability to slot Radar Consumable (optional, at the expense of losing smoke). 3 longer ranged/speed of torpedo (which can't hit DD's). 

The changes that WG decided to go with. Has effectively reduced the combat effectiveness of the Yueyang by atleast 25%. 

I'd say closer to 5-10%, but hey, hyperbole is the greatest thing in the history of the universe.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
17,651 posts
18,478 battles
29 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

There are other threads on this. 

02kCv2h.gif

Sorry, Rip, but I never use the search function unless I'm looking for something VERY specific.  And a similar thread isn't anywhere near my list of things for which to search.  Deal with it.

• Bad 1

[NOBS]
Members
642 posts
6,664 battles

Balance? Explain how nerfing YY guns creates balance?

What this does is keeps YY out of caps, there is no way to go 1 on 1 with another DD when the torps are useless against them. 

YY is now going to be a BB hunter, sneaking around the edge of maps looking to drop torps. 

Members
987 posts
13 battles
3 hours ago, Prothall said:

I am sure Shimikaze drivers really feel bad for you...

WoWS playerbase when nerfing IJN DDs: "Haha they deserve it IJN DDs should remain garbage and fodder for all the other DDs"

Also WoWS playerbase when buffed Shimakaze can actually gunfight nerfed YY: "WG why are these garbage IJN DD fodder winning against YY??"

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

Members
1,001 posts
7,497 battles

I think you're focusing too much on the torps not being able to hit DD while conveniently ignoring that they're impossible for big ships to dodge. There's a reason why YY has such high average damage.

Beta Testers
1,861 posts
10,762 battles
12 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

There are other threads on this. 

02kCv2h.gif

Do you go to news stands and demand them remove all but one newspapers with the same topic in the headlines?

Members
3,478 posts
8,660 battles

I believe what this nerf is all about begins with considering comparison to Gearing performance with Leg. mod, which was and is automatically desirable and popular. With that in mind, in a round about way this nerf creates a situation where Yueyang Leg. mod, a mod that wasn't considered desirable or popular, becomes more desirable or relevant while indirectly nerfing Yueyang's radar and smoke consumables.

pS77Jun.png

//This isn't to say I think WG got this nerf exactly right; I don't. It went too far, particularly regarding the gun reload. 

Edited by MrKillmister

[-TNG-]
Members
2 posts
4,562 battles
11 hours ago, Rouxi said:

I think you're focusing too much on the torps not being able to hit DD while conveniently ignoring that they're impossible for big ships to dodge. There's a reason why YY has such high average damage.

Making the point on the reload for torpedo's is for the purpose that if your facing another DD. You ONLY have you guns for any kind of fire power. A DD can use all of it's weapons on you. With the right set up Torps can be fairly easily dodged. By lowering the reload of the guns by 33% your letting the YY get even easier to defeat. This doesn't balance anything. It's a nerf taken way to far. Just about every other DD now out guns the YY. 

[ARRGG]
Members
4,751 posts
7,683 battles

Yes nerfing Yeuyang is wrong I’ve played a lot of games in it and never felt the thing needed longer load times,the fact is nerfing a ship just costs Wows $, in my opinion This nerf has definitely soured my enthusiasm somewhat so this wallet warrior will be a tad less likely to spend $ here, for those who do not care ... your favorite ship could be next

[NOVA]
Members
47 posts
9,748 battles

I thought something was odd with my YY this morning.

Will WG compensate me the 5000 doubloons I paid for the permanent camo on the YY? It was my favorite ship that I played all of the time, now I won't be so much. 

[IXM]
Members
67 posts
1,288 battles
15 minutes ago, Jaaag said:

I thought something was odd with my YY this morning.

Will WG compensate me the 5000 doubloons I paid for the permanent camo on the YY? It was my favorite ship that I played all of the time, now I won't be so much. 

It's a safe bet (I'd say 100%) they won't. That's not how this works. They only compensate people when it's broad, sweeping changes to an entire class, such as the CV rework. As much as I don't agree with this, and what they've done to the YY, this is how WG operates, and people should learn to adapt accordingly. They've done this countless times in WoT.