You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
ash403A

Rediculus

14 comments in this topic

Members
11 posts
121 battles

I ground and ground until I got a South Carolina battleship, how log until; I get on a team in a random battle?

Can I getthe same exp and pay in a coo[p battle, where people actually help each other or do I have to stay in the stat grabbing free for all?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles

You can play coop against bots as long as you like. You won't get much better at the game nor get as much XP/credits, but you can still do it.

[HINON]
Members
9,354 posts

Are you running into the bots in random battles? You might still be in the protected MM where you only see other new players until you reach a certain account level or play your first T5 battle iirc.

[PVE]
Members
10,857 posts
7,982 battles

Oh, I was going to post this as red and ridiculous. :Smile_teethhappy:

2wSJFty.jpg

10 minutes ago, ash403A said:

I ground and ground until I got a South Carolina battleship, how log until; I get on a team in a random battle?

Can I getthe same exp and pay in a coo[p battle, where people actually help each other or do I have to stay in the stat grabbing free for all?

Ok, you are account level 14, so you are out of protected MM. You've played almost 90% of your battles in PvP.  You have ground to T4 in the US cruisers, so are still pretty new.  Here are my thoughts.

I would check out @hangglide42's WoWs enjoyment series.

Also check out other posts in the New Player forum.

There are a LOT of videos on youtube about WoWs. WG also has How it Works videos as well. The Wiki is another place for great info.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/media/tag/how-it-works/

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/World_of_Warships

Ask questions here. Try to be specific though, so people can point you in the right direction.

Trying out things in co-op is a real good idea. You can learn the basics of angling armor vs bots and refine the techniques vs players. Practicing turning just enough to unmask some to all rear turrets and swinging back is good to start with vs bots as they will not necessarily auto-delete you if you make a mistake, then refine the technique vs players. And on and on. Also, I would suggest playing T5+ ships in co-op until you get used to being bottom tier vs bots and are comfortable seeing a T10 in your Tirpitz. Then when you are comfortable with that, then take T5+ ships into PvP and get comfortable being bottom tier vs players. Just remember you can get away with being more aggressive and make mistakes vs bots that you can not do vs players without getting an early trip back to port.

Good Luck and Fair Seas

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
854 posts
6,707 battles
27 minutes ago, ash403A said:

you are stuck in that "Stat Grabbing Fee for all"...so you have to just deal...:Smile_hiding:

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
309 posts
5,379 battles
35 minutes ago, ash403A said:

Find some people to division with?

[SYN]
Members
3,129 posts
14,390 battles

Spend some time learning how to best use your ships, youtube has some excellent vids.  This will speed up your credit/XP/Ship grinds.

As for randoms it is a different game where the reds don't just sail straight at you and you need to play more tactically, so accordingly the rewards for doing well are higher.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,329 posts
9,636 battles
1 hour ago, ash403A said:

You are playing in randoms, 108 of your 121 matches are in random.

Members
672 posts
2,396 battles

Next to the battle button there is a drop down menu. Click on it and select random battles.

Edited by Krupp_Sabot

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
3,968 posts
13,213 battles

It's OK to stay in Co-op for a while, especially to learn the basics.  But for most, there is no substitute for a live person on the other end.  While you do find an occasional opponent playing worse than a bot, for the most part, the human interaction is where the game is enjoyable.  

You're WR is not bad for a new player.  And those first several hundred games in a BB...there is a LOT to learn.  And the learning never stops.  At 12000 games, I still look back at my most recent game and think to myself "That was a stupid move I made...or a bad decision".  Going forward, the next time a similar situation comes up, I often make a better decision.  It's called experience.  Reading and Youtube helps, but there is no substitute for the experience of real time immersion.

• Cool 1