You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
3r22r

Adding ships to port

17 comments in this topic

[WWSB]
Members
60 posts
1,523 battles

Evening all, since I started to play (around 2 months) I accumilated about 32.5 million credits and 33 000 free xp plus the captains xp

I bought a Texas, a Huanghe, a Valkyrie and a Haida so I am all over the place when it comes to choose a type of ships to follow in the tech tree so what can I do with my points

Any suggestions? 

[WWSB]
Members
60 posts
1,523 battles

Good evening RipNuN2, so far I like Valkyrie and Wickes (12 torpedo tubes compared to 4 in Valkyrie) very fast but Valkyrie is harder to hit, finally figured how to use torps

I bought Haida (I am Canadian so maybe i an a sucker for buying it) very frustated so far, very frigile, I get killed often, maybe I dont know how to play it and use all its equipment

Texas has good AA but its a slow cow, Huanghe is somewhat between Valkyrie and Haisa, I get most of my credits in a Blackswan  but its a tier 1

I look at the tech tree of all countries and I dont know where to start going up

[WWSB]
Members
60 posts
1,523 battles

To Kapitan _Wuff. Maybe I did not finds the type of ship that suits me, The Mighty Jinggles call Battleships 'slow, and stupid`' but they ARE powerfull

As to destroyers when I meet an Atlanta I turn and run, getting shelled by a storm of 5inch/38cal is not nice.

[PVE]
Members
10,846 posts
7,979 battles
34 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

Evening all, since I started to play (around 2 months) I accumilated about 32.5 million credits and 33 000 free xp plus the captains xp

I bought a Texas, a Huanghe, a Valkyrie and a Haida so I am all over the place when it comes to choose a type of ships to follow in the tech tree so what can I do with my points

Any suggestions? 

31 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Which ships have you found most fun to play?

This is big. Go up lines that you like playing first and branch out as you learn more.

7 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Just play a bit of everything. Since you have a Texas, then the USN BBs might be a good line for ya.

You are up to T3 Caledon in the UK CL line, T2 Chester in the US CL/CA line, T2 in the French CL/CA line and T2 in the IJN CL/CA line. You have the T4 Yubari as an IJN premium, so the IJN cruiser line would be good to go up as you have a trainer for retraining a Cmdr to move up the line. It is also a good line for newer players.

You are up to T3 Wickes in the US DD line and T3 Valkyrie in the UK DD line. Either of those would be good lines to work on, but the US one might be a bit better for a new player as the UK lines are a little specialized. Huanghe is a CL that works well as a trainer for the PA DD line. So that might be a future consideration.

If you get the T3 St Louis, you can start up the US BB line. The Texas is a good trainer for the US BBs and you would be able to use it to retrain Cmdrs.

Keep an eye on port slot sales, as you need to buy port slots to get more ships. They normally cost 300 doubloons each, but are regularly on sale for 150 doubloons. There was even a sale for 75 doubloons each last Christmas, so let's hope that repeats this year.

T1 ships are free to buy back, so you can sell Hasidate, Erie, & Black Swan to free up more port slots. If you like them, buy them back later for 0 credits each when you have more port slots.

T5 is usually the tier for Missions and events, so getting a few lines to T5, if not all of them, is a good idea. Depends on how many port slots you want to shell out for.

[CUTIE]
Members
1,438 posts
6,203 battles
3 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

I look at the tech tree of all countries and I dont know where to start going up

Dig through some YouTube videos of various ships/lines and see which look most appealing to you.  US destroyers might be a good place to look first if you enjoy the Wickes--you'll see a very similar playstyle with those up until the high tiers (when your smoke & guns stay excellent but you also gain very good torpedoes).

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles
2 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

To Kapitan _Wuff. Maybe I did not finds the type of ship that suits me, The Mighty Jinggles call Battleships 'slow, and stupid`' but they ARE powerfull

As to destroyers when I meet an Atlanta I turn and run, getting shelled by a storm of 5inch/38cal is not nice.

I am also not a big fan of BBs, to slow and ponderous for me. BUT they are forgiving of mistakes, at least more so than say a DD. So not a bad place to start learning mechanics. For DDs, you start at the low tiers will let you avoid all the mean Atlanta and other radar lol. Situational awareness, knowing approximately where the enemy ships are, is an important skill to learn as a DD.

PS, you can use @ to mention people, that way are notified. @3r22r They may miss your comment otherwise.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
6 minutes ago, 3r22r said:

IMO you should stick to cruisers for a while.  Then branch out into BBs then DDs.  Cruisers are part way between the two play styles and are a good intro. 

Play the USN cruisers at least up through T3 St. Louis (everyone's favorite skull crusher).  Low tier Russian cruisers are fun, too. 

Be careful stepping into Random battles.  Maybe play a few Random battles, then come back to Co-op (or eventually, Training Rooms) to practice what you learned in the Randoms. Also to get your confidence back.

[AAA]
Members
473 posts
5,935 battles

I would recommend against the USN CA/CL lines to start. T10 ships are awesome, but it can be a bit of a grind with short gun ranges before you get to the Des Monies and Worcester.

I would probably start with the IJN (Japanese) cruisers or KM (German) cruisers. IJN are HE spammers from range with good torpedoes. KM are very tough, and take a beating and the AP is great. t5-6 are great light cruisers then t8 and up you get the tanky heavy german cruisers.

I started wanting to be a BB player, but found I'm much better with dds and ca/l. Figure out what line and ship type fits your style.

• Bad 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
3 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

I would recommend against the USN CA/CL lines to start. T10 ships are awesome, but it can be a bit of a grind with short gun ranges before you get to the Des Monies and Worcester.

What the heck are you talking about?  The OP's highest tech tree ships are Tier 3.  What the long-range potential of the line(s) are matters not a whit for this advice.  Saying go up the USN Cr line is not sending him on a 2 year quest, just pointing to super-fun St. Louis.

• Cool 1

[TF-64]
Members
379 posts
13,274 battles

Take your time. Don't just rush up a branch. Your just about to reach a few of what I thought were good ships. T4 UK CL danae is a fun boat for the tier. The ST Louis can send people into rage fits when played right. You like the Wickes? Oh boy are you gonna love the Clemson. T4 is in my opinion a good place to slow down. Keep those for a bit after you get the next ship unlocked. You start learning a lot there. I will recommend trying a ship of each type while low tier to get a feel for what you like. I started thinking I would Chase BBs mostly and ended up enjoying DDs and CL more. And that's the main thing. It's a game, play what you enjoy the most. Don't be afraid to ask questions either. This is one of the better and more helpful communities. 

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,329 posts
10,406 battles

how can he have 35. mil credits in just 2 months and not have gone past tier 3?:cap_wander_2: his willpower is insane!!!!!

erherm.... try the USN DD line, its fun and forgiving for new comers!

[AAA]
Members
473 posts
5,935 battles
20 hours ago, iDuckman said:

What the heck are you talking about?  The OP's highest tech tree ships are Tier 3.  What the long-range potential of the line(s) are matters not a whit for this advice.  Saying go up the USN Cr line is not sending him on a 2 year quest, just pointing to super-fun St. Louis.

Think you missed my point. KM and IJN lines are pretty easy to play and fun. I would say many of the USN cruisers are challenging to play from early to late. 

[PVE]
Members
10,846 posts
7,979 battles
2 minutes ago, wstugamd said:

Think you missed my point. KM and IJN lines are pretty easy to play and fun. I would say many of the USN cruisers are challenging to play from early to late. 

Well, the OP has Yubari and Texas. So getting the T3 St Louis means that the OP can work the US BBs and have a trainer for them. The IJN CL/CAs would be good as they are newbie friendly and he has a Yubari for a Cmdr trainer.

[WOLF3]
Members
6,923 posts
2,724 battles
21 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

how can he have 35. mil credits in just 2 months and not have gone past tier 3?

He's playing higher tiers, but in Premiums.  T3 is his highest tech tree ships.

[WWSB]
Members
60 posts
1,523 battles

1- I purchased a Texas Tier V, a Huanghe Tier VI then last a Haida Tier VII, but I made most of my credits whith a Blackswan, sometime made 40 000 credits (8 kills once and a few minutes ago 7 in co-op but no Kraken or any mentions.

2- Did not buy prenium so far, maybe later.

3- In other news. I just played Haida and made 26 000 credits but they took away 23 000, what is the point of playing??? I regret buying that ship.