You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ferry_25

Hello people

32 comments in this topic

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles

Couldn't find any "newcomer's section" kind of thing on this Forum. Just wanted to introduce myself. Coming from the EU and started a NA account. (= username whould you want to visit me @home) The latest, let's call it an extremely (un)lucky round with KOTS hasn't got to do with my arrival on your wonderful server here... Much... :Smile_veryhappy: I dare say I'm a veteran on EU and wanted to expand my world view and joined you guys.

So far I'm having a blast. FINALLY some decent stats (disclaimer: that goes from the date of publishing: nov 21st 2018. No guarantees for the future...).

Most of "my" server love you guys. @Notser (yes: to pull a Notser has become a globally accepted term), @iChase, B6 and yourpeacekeeper) and I'm one of the silent adorers of @LittleWhiteMouse. If someone should speak to her: we direly miss her on our Forums.

TL;DR: Hi!

• Cool 3

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles
8 minutes ago, daangerous said:

Welcome to the NA server! Hope to see you on the sea's :Smile_honoring:

VOC..... OMG!!! Have I just landed in heaven?!!!! I mean; for REAL? You have a clan called VOC?? I'm flabbergasted for the first time in a long time. Thanks my friend!

Edit: background, prolly boring info. VOC is the first multinational business in the world. Very much and with proper shame admittedly dubious reputation regarding slave trade. Yet still the first private company with it's own army and navy. Coming from my tiny country.... VOC stands for "verenigde Oost Indische Compagnie (united east Indian Company). The sister organization of the VWC. (west indian bla bla bla). Which has a equal dubious reputation of being "legit" pirates. Piet Heyn being one of it's most (in)famous admirals....

Edited by Ferry_25
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,567 posts
13,172 battles
26 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

If someone should speak to her: we direly miss her on our Forums.

And done.

Welcome to the madhouse.

• Cool 1

[NDA]
Supertester
4,913 posts
14,310 battles

Welcome aboard sailor; May the wind be at your back, your enemies sail straight, the enemy torpedoes miss by a mile and RNG be always in your favor.

The Sinksalot Fleet salutes you, 
See you top side.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,187 posts
7,842 battles
30 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Most of "my" server love you guys. @Notser (yes: to pull a Notser has become a globally accepted term), @iChase, B6 and yourpeacekeeper) and I'm one of the silent adorers of @LittleWhiteMouse. If someone should speak to her: we direly miss her on our Forums.

4 minutes ago, Lert said:

And done.

Welcome to the madhouse.

He wasn't kidding.

Also, hi!  When they put the limiter on who could post based on games played, it put a real crimp in continuing to participate over there.  I've since made a secret EU alt-account that I'm slowly grinding through.  It's really weird not getting focus fired, lemme tell you.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Beta Testers
1,628 posts
4,185 battles
32 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm one of the silent adorers of @LittleWhiteMouse. If someone should speak to her: we direly miss her on our Forums.

Don't bogart our Mouse.

Er, I mean, welcome to the NA server!

:Smile_veryhappy:

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
6,821 posts
2,692 battles

Welcome, welcome, @Ferry_25.

Are you familiar with our forum cat, @Lert?  I think he lives in a Low Country too.  :Smile_trollface:

lert2.jpg.8b1a5d93177ecbc28839643f2b5f17a8.jpg

Native costume?

Edited by iDuckman
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
19,567 posts
13,172 battles
Just now, iDuckman said:

Welcome, welcome, @Ferry_25.

Are you familiar with our forum cat, @Lert?  I think he lives in a Low Country too.  :Smile_trollface:

lert2.jpg.8b1a5d93177ecbc28839643f2b5f17a8.jpg

That's my - .... intellectually challenged brother, Bert, of whom we do not speak. Here is an up-to-date picture of me:

Spoiler

OELRvVF.jpg

As for low countries, my country is so low its name literally means 'low country' - Netherlands represent, yo.

• Funny 2

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,552 posts
12,192 battles

Welcome and good luck adapting to our meta.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

The OP should do fine, their meta is very similar to ours.

[PQUOD]
Members
402 posts
6,791 battles
1 hour ago, Ferry_25 said:

Couldn't find any "newcomer's section" kind of thing on this Forum. Just wanted to introduce myself. Coming from the EU and started a NA account. (= username whould you want to visit me @home) The latest, let's call it an extremely (un)lucky round with KOTS hasn't got to do with my arrival on your wonderful server here... Much... :Smile_veryhappy: I dare say I'm a veteran on EU and wanted to expand my world view and joined you guys.

So far I'm having a blast. FINALLY some decent stats (disclaimer: that goes from the date of publishing: nov 21st 2018. No guarantees for the future...).

Welcome aboard to the NA server :Smile_honoring:

[CLAWS]
Beta Testers
63 posts
7,204 battles
1 hour ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

The OP should do fine, their meta is very similar to ours.

I'm always interested to hear/see what the different metas are like on different servers. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
16,231 posts
9,570 battles
27 minutes ago, HLS30 said:

I'm always interested to hear/see what the different metas are like on different servers. 

My experience over on the EU server is ours but a little more aggressive.

[SOUP]
7,749 posts

giphy.gif

Be advised, soup is served daily at about 7pm-ish UTC. If you need anything don't hesitate to ask for assistance~

[TOG]
Members
2,772 posts
15,761 battles
9 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

VOC..... OMG!!! Have I just landed in heaven?!!!! I mean; for REAL? You have a clan called VOC?? I'm flabbergasted for the first time in a long time. Thanks my friend!

Edit: background, prolly boring info. VOC is the first multinational business in the world. Very much and with proper shame admittedly dubious reputation regarding slave trade. Yet still the first private company with it's own army and navy. Coming from my tiny country.... VOC stands for "verenigde Oost Indische Compagnie (united east Indian Company). The sister organization of the VWC. (west indian bla bla bla). Which has a equal dubious reputation of being "legit" pirates. Piet Heyn being one of it's most (in)famous admirals....

Hi Ferry and welcome to our side of the pond. VOC over here is an acronym for Volatile Organic Compounds. Also an insider reference to flatulent gas.

[VOC]
38 posts
1,345 battles
10 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

You did land in heaven as that's the VOC we are referring to. Me and a few others in the clan are Dutch :cap_like:.

Edit: Although we are not very active you are always welcome to join.

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles

My jaw just made contact with my desk. Hard. I'm amazed and totally overwhelmed by your warm welcome! I see a lot of questions/ statements and an invite to a Dutch (!!!) clan. Please don't be offended if I don't quote you all. I did blow all my available likes top down to you guys. The rest comes from my heart. It'd be a WOT. And that's not my favorite.

Played a couple of rounds y'day. Got kicked out of the witness protection program (rightfully so) and met genpop. I'll try to answer everything the best I can. Consider I don't have much games under my belt yet. From what I've seen the NA meta seems indeed to be more aggressive. Which I can't stress enough to say I like. Also I saw far more willingness to teamwork. Put on my bold hat and took command of the fleet a couple of times and really: it did work out!

@daangerousI tried to log into the game but I forgot you guys have patched already. My client will do that tomorrow. I'm honored by your invite. Not very active is NP. I will be having my main attention on NED anyway. Bakx and me started that clan >1 year ago. He's the Emperor and me DV. I hope you guys run discord. I can speak English well but it'd be also nice to communicate in my native tongue.

OMG! Are you KIDDING me? @Lert is a cheesehead??!! No way! Now, please let me keep my sanity and don't give me the 020, Lert..... :Smile_veryhappy: Yes LWM's problem is pandemic on our server: fanboys/ girls. Failmu is raging about that all the time. Though I must admit I oneshot him once but then he was a legit target. Testing Indianapolis back then. Coming from behind an island, full broadside. Texas send 'm back to poooort y'all....

tl;dr. Thank you my dear fellow ship nutjobs! I love you guys already.

Edit and off topic: I visited the US a lot. Also saw USS Texas and Midway and all other museum ships in SD. With the other ships one is a USSR sub. Now the thing is: my dad and my dad in law both served in the navy. My dad IL was born in the USSR and my wife and me saw the same class of sub on which her dad served. I found that really impressive.

Edited by Ferry_25

[HINON]
Supertester
19,567 posts
13,172 battles
7 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

OMG! Are you KIDDING me? @Lert is a cheesehead??!! No way!

Yep, geboren en getogen. :)

I'm a notorious champion of the addition of Dutch ships into the game. You can find some of my writings and suggestions in the post linked in my sig. There's an Admiralen, 1047, de Ruyter, Java, and tons more.

[VOC]
Members
81 posts
63 battles
Just now, Lert said:

Yep, geboren en getogen. :)

I'm a notorious champion of the addition of Dutch ships into the game. You can find some of my writings and suggestions in the post linked in my sig. There's an Admiralen, 1047, de Ruyter, Java, and tons more.

Gaaf man!!!!

The absence of a Dutch ship in Wows is IMO the greatest obscenity in this entire game. I've fulminated and ranted to the edge of temp ban about it on the EU Forum.