You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HTSMetal

How does one currently get a USS Charleston?

52 comments in this topic

[FART]
Members
129 posts
5,097 battles

As the title suggests, I've seen more than a couple of these in Randoms now and I'm wondering -- is it still being tested? If not, how are people getting their hands on this thing?

[HINON]
Members
9,350 posts

Edit: Ah it's the premium St. Louis class duh. I forgot about her lol. I"m not sure how she is going to be released.

Edited by RipNuN2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
7,117 posts
12,053 battles

Pretty sure its still being tested, although I seem to remember seeing something about it being given to very new players.

[POD]
Beta Testers
3,058 posts
4,743 battles

i saw somewhere that she might be a reward for a daily attendance event.

[WOLF9]
Members
3,359 posts

I saw one of these in a Co-op game the other day, and had to do a double take.  What the?   Then I went to binoc view, and said Ah ha!- it's that premium St Louis.

Didn't know it had been released yet.

[HINON]
Supertester
19,651 posts
13,211 battles

It's a bonus for new players IIRC.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
56 minutes ago, Lert said:

Aww, hopefully we will get a shot at it in an event or something. 

• Cool 1

Members
72 posts
6,267 battles

1 hour ago, Lert said:

I pretty sure Lert is correct.  I was playing a tier 3 game in the St. Louis a couple of days ago and saw someone on the opposing team in a Charleston on the same side of the map as myself; so I thought I would test the Charleston in a one on one gunnery duel, as there weren't any other enemy ships close by at that time.  I thought Charleston was still in testing and the other player was a CC and therefor a highly skilled player.  It wasn't so.  He gave me too many easy broadsides to shoot at and didn't manuever very well at all.  At the end of the game I checked this player's record and he had played just over 100 games.  I should report the Charleston doesn't have a faster reload than the St. Louis or manuever any better.  It just has longer range on its main battery guns.  I think it would be a much better premium for everyone, but especially for new players, if it had a 1/2 second faster reload instead and left the range unchanged.  

Edited by Pigus_Drunkus_Maximus

[FART]
Members
129 posts
5,097 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

37 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Aww, hopefully we will get a shot at it in an event or something. 

Ah I see, thanks for letting us know. 

I just happened upon the wiki for it and it states that it is still in testing? Maybe we'll hear some news about it being released to the general public sometime soon. I'm interested in it because I have a shared 19pt captain for my Marblehead Lima, Atlanta and Worcester and thought it'd be a way to grind out some more Elite Commander XP on the cheap...not to mention that the St. Louis was my first favorite ship when I started playing awhile back. Learned a heck of a lot about the game in that thing. 

[HINON]
Supertester
19,651 posts
13,211 battles
Just now, HTSMetal said:

I just happened upon the wiki for it and it states that it is still in testing?

Nah, it's out. However, I'm not a wiki editor and I can't update it.

• Bad 1

[PVE]
Members
10,849 posts
7,982 battles
12 minutes ago, HTSMetal said:

Ah I see, thanks for letting us know. 

I just happened upon the wiki for it and it states that it is still in testing? Maybe we'll hear some news about it being released to the general public sometime soon. I'm interested in it because I have a shared 19pt captain for my Marblehead Lima, Atlanta and Worcester and thought it'd be a way to grind out some more Elite Commander XP on the cheap...not to mention that the St. Louis was my first favorite ship when I started playing awhile back. Learned a heck of a lot about the game in that thing. 

I want it because I'm a ship hoarder collector. :)

11 minutes ago, Lert said:

Supposedly anyone can update the wiki, but I've been leary of doing that for fear of putting out bad info.

Members
2,350 posts
1,062 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

:Smile_sad::Smile-angry:

Spoiler

Oh well

Image result for Eyore

Edited by DrHolmes52
  • Cool 2

[SIM]
Members
2,680 posts
4,423 battles

It’s not up for sale? :Smile_sad: Bummer, I’ve really been looking forward to this ship. Hopefully it makes it into the premium shop sooner than later.

• Cool 2

[TBOW]
Members
237 posts
2,410 battles

My friend started maybe 2 weeks ago and sent a picture into our discord asking if the Charleston was worth it. I asked why is it out? And then I saw that he was getting it from logins, I told him it’s a free premium to club seals in at a later date to just log in alittle

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,204 posts
7,850 battles

It snuck out into the general population in 0.7.10.1 or 0.7.10.2.  My contacts at Wargaming haven't been able to tell me (what does that say?).  The only time I ever had access to it was when it was on the Public Test Server and I was expressly forbidden from taking it into battle -- a "look but don't touch" sort of preview.  There hasn't been a whisper of her since in my feeds so it was quite the surprise to see her magically appear.

I still haven't been able to get a hold of one to review the new St.Loo blue. 

• Cool 3

[FART]
Members
129 posts
5,097 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It snuck out into the general population in 0.7.10.1 or 0.7.10.2.  My contacts at Wargaming haven't been able to tell me (what does that say?).  The only time I ever had access to it was when it was on the Public Test Server and I was expressly forbidden from taking it into battle -- a "look but don't touch" sort of preview.  There hasn't been a whisper of her since in my feeds so it was quite the surprise to see her magically appear.

I still haven't been able to get a hold of one to review the new St.Loo blue.  

Thanks for the response LWM...that is super weird!

[GAMMA]
Members
644 posts
12,532 battles
2 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It snuck out into the general population in 0.7.10.1 or 0.7.10.2.  My contacts at Wargaming haven't been able to tell me (what does that say?).

Nothing good. If I had to hazard a guess right now I'd say that you shouldn't trust your contacts at Wargaming to give you accurate information, but after seeing the latest news article on the CV rework I'm not in a mood to be charitable.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:03 PM, Lert said:

So Lert you're saying that since they're not out to the general population, just the newbs, that means I should focus a special dose of attention on them whenever I see one?

[S0L0]
Beta Testers
539 posts
3,920 battles

New player reward huh?  Well that explains a PVE battle earlier today, saw a Charleston and asked if she was out for sale for dubs or in Prem shop. No response from owner so i asked again and owner said “No.”  Asked if he was a ST and his response was “leave me alone”. lol

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[KAOZ]
Beta Testers
3,387 posts
2,530 battles

Why is WG making low tier ship such a pain to get now?
Mikasa was super long before we got to get, Dreadnought is currently restricted in a expensive package, and now the new st.louis (don't tell me ppl don't want that thing =) is out of reach as well.

Just not cool.

• Cool 1

[ARP3]
Members
456 posts
10,949 battles

If you played the first daily rewards chain, it was the final reward.

They will give it away eventually, be patient. 

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,470 posts
6,807 battles
On 11/21/2018 at 10:43 AM, Lert said:

Neither can we, that happens in glorious motherland :p

[MIA-A]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,073 posts
7,882 battles
On 11/20/2018 at 7:03 PM, Lert said:

That's probably for the best. St. Louis is still a highly oppressive seal clubber and giving veteran players one that can use a 19 point Halsey captain might destroy matchmaking a bit too hard for new players. 

• Cool 1

Members
1,141 posts
7,098 battles

Would be nice to be able to use a high point Commander from one of my other ships in a St. Louis... current Commander only has 8 points b/c XP earnings for tier 3 coop are paltry.