Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
paradat

IJN DD buffs

12 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,710 posts
10,077 battles

I saw the Harekaze was in the list for increase HE damage and fire chance. Do you think that counts for all gun options on that ship?

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles

I wish the USN 5"/54 were unnerfed to what they were back in testing. Better AP than the IJN 5", but with worse HE (with the upcoming buff to IJN 5").

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,999 battles

Harekaze's multiple gun options makes her more susceptible to blanket buffs and blanket nerfs concerning those gun options.

Look at the buff to the 100mm/65L guns to 1/4 HE penetration. Despite not needing the buff, Harekaze received it anyway because it was a blanket buff.

Now the IJN's 127mm/50L guns on Destroyers are receiving a Blanket Buff, which means so too does Harekaze receive a buff she doesn't really need. This time to her Hull A option (episode 1-4)

Members
1,033 posts
13 battles
31 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

I wish the USN 5"/54 were unnerfed to what they were back in testing. Better AP than the IJN 5", but with worse HE (with the upcoming buff to IJN 5").

What were the American gun stats during testing? I didnt know it got changed when it went live

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,536 posts
3,588 battles
13 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

What were the American gun stats during testing? I didnt know it got changed when it went live

Mostly a nerf to AP performance, and IIRC, reload nerf too. the 5"/54 AP had performance on par with German 150mm guns, and the reload, if I'm not misremembering, was on the higher end, at 18 RPM.

It was simply "too good", as it chewed through even BB armor with great consistency, up and down the tier. Granted, this was before both the IJN 100mm DP buff and the upcoming IJN 127mm buff.

Now that the 100mm and 127mm have gotten buffed, the 5"/54 could use the improved AP performance to separate it from the HE specialty of the IJN guns, as well as maximum 18 RPM, since she's reduced to only 3 of them anyway.

[PLPT]
Members
760 posts
7,308 battles

Related: If I understand correctly, the second choice guns, the Akizuki ones, get the new super-pen HE from a couple patches ago, but they did not receive the counterbalancing nerf. 

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,999 battles
46 minutes ago, n00bot said:

Related: If I understand correctly, the second choice guns, the Akizuki ones, get the new super-pen HE from a couple patches ago, but they did not receive the counterbalancing nerf. 

the nerfs were ship specific, not a blanket nerf, that's why.

[PLPT]
Members
760 posts
7,308 battles
2 hours ago, Counter_Gambit said:

the nerfs were ship specific, not a blanket nerf, that's why.

Yah, so it ended up being a nice buff to an already great DD...

[NWNG]
[NWNG]
Members
2,218 posts
3,999 battles
13 hours ago, n00bot said:

Yah, so it ended up being a nice buff to an already great DD...

which is why I said it didn't really need the buff.

Sign in to follow this